Collecting firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! That's a good jump on next year's wood right there.

i wish i had luck like that so i can cut some,, i MIGHT have enough to get through this winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait,,,, let me rethink this,,,,,,,,,,,,, after this winter i have 3 years worth in the wood shed,,, all seasoned oak,,,,,,,,,, yep,, i need some more

i wish i had luck like that so i can cut some,, i MIGHT have enough to get through this winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wait,,,, let me rethink this,,,,,,,,,,,,, after this winter i have 3 years worth in the wood shed,,, all seasoned oak,,,,,,,,,, yep,, i need some more
Yeah, but somebody has to carry it in from the shed, get a fire going, make sure it's bone dry, feed the fire, make sure it doesn't get too hot, and then clean the chimney next year. Are you up for all that?

Nice stack, Rich! I bet the sun is a welcome sight this time of year. Looks like there may be remnants of frost on the ground?

How do you like that 490 compared to your 488?

It runs really well. This one came out of a saw shop. It was used as a demo saw. They did a little muffler mod before they sold it and I got it for a good price.
The 488s will do as well without the weak ignition choke set up.

Have your had any problems with the multi-switch?

I like the 490 clutch cover and air fliter. My 490 runs strong, too. I think they made some improvements in ignition timing. I do not like how the 490 recoil was lightened it up - no brass insert for the rope spool. I prefer the 488, although a hybrid of the two is the saw they should have built.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'd like a pile of rejects like that behind my house!

Yeah, but somebody has to carry it in from the shed, get a fire going, make sure it's bone dry, feed the fire, make sure it doesn't get too hot, and then clean the chimney next year. Are you up for all that?
My wife does all that. I cut the wood, split it, stack it, season it, then move it to the wood shelter behind the house. She takes it from there.

Josh.
I can't remember exactly what was loose but I think it was the metal strip on the switch. It wouldn't shut off.
I put on a little glue and it's been fine since. Just seems like it is a bit flimsy.

I got that old trailer years ago with a used garden tractor. Works well for towing behind the quad.
I've got some racks for it but so t have them on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back