Combi can for bar oil and gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipper50

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last edited:
Thought it would be a great idea. I found it to be messy and too small capacity for a days work. Mine has been sitting in the shed for 5 years.

The biggest problem is the spout is stored inside the can,so when you pull it out,it's coated with bar and chain oil...pretty messy

I think he means having to lift the bar oil just to fill the saw with fuel....and having to lift the fuel......just to fill the saw with bar oil. The combi cans never interested me. Bar oil already comes in about the most convenient container imaginable. The advantage of having both containers in one body seems more a disadvantage than an advantage.

Amen! My 'carryall' is a plastic milk crate contains 1 or 2 gal gas, 1 gal oil, tool box (with extra chains), spare wedges. I carry everything with one snatch of the crate. Moving some distance? The crate balances the saw in my other hand and I have everything right where I am working. I haven't looked at them but I doubt a combican would fit in the crate.

Harry K

Harry K

I think he means having to lift the bar oil just to fill the saw with fuel....and having to lift the fuel......just to fill the saw with bar oil. The combi cans never interested me. Bar oil already comes in about the most convenient container imaginable. The advantage of having both containers in one body seems more a disadvantage than an advantage.

Right I didn't like that aspect as well. If you didn't get the cap just right (and the plastic caps suck on everything) you had the pleasure of pouring mix on your arm while filling the bar oil on the saw.

My "double pouring" comment was specific to the bar oil. Why spend all that time pouring bar oil into the combi-can so that you can turn around and pour it into the saw. Double the work, double the mess. A perfect yuppie product if you ask me.

Right I didn't like that aspect as well. If you didn't get the cap just right (and the plastic caps suck on everything) you had the pleasure of pouring mix on your arm while filling the bar oil on the saw.

My "double pouring" comment was specific to the bar oil. Why spend all that time pouring bar oil into the combi-can so that you can turn around and pour it into the saw. Double the work, double the mess. A perfect yuppie product if you ask me.

I guess I will just stick with my pre-mix gas can and stihl bar oil in the bottle. I sure dont need anymore mess than what I get when I MISS the hole:ices_rofl:

Shipper

Don't you have Husqvarna/Jonsered/Partner Combi Can over there ?
I have used one for many years !
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don't you have Husqvarna/Jonsered/Partner Combi Can over there ?
I have used one for many years !
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool, that'd be about the only type I'd even consider, ditto to all who pointed out the mess etc. of the unseperatable combi-cans, I too have one somewhere sittin' in a corner gathering bird droppins after one days usage, drek, thing leaked right from the git-go (it was free tho, gah!) And hey, who in their right minds puts the spouts in da can when its got something in it, yuck! In retrospect knowing what I do now, and if the seals in the caps were better, it might have been good for whiskey and mix :)
Milk crates, everyman's multi-purpose 'keep-it-together' tool, has anyone never made bookshelves outta them? (kk I'm sure a few). My (old outta date not stolen ;) ) crate carries everything I need for a day in the woods, tools, oil & gas, lunch, PPE, Kotex & duct tape, and tp. Oh, maybe a brew or 2 too.
It surprises me that you can't find them sold to the everyday folk (or can you, hm, never looked) without Dairy advertising on 'em. La-la-la-la-la-la, I go now.

:cheers:

Serge

You don't have them :confused: Wonder why? I got mine in 1991, and even then they been around for some time.

Well, where do you live? :hmm3grin2orange:

It probably has to do with some stupid safety regulation or something,I can find dealers in the UK,but none in Canada or the US

Latest posts

Back