Combi can for bar oil and gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That "thingy" is what I use when I have to move the log a bit :laugh:
attachment.php
Thanks! Here they're called 'canthooks' I really like the one on top and the one in the middle looks functional too, sort of like old ice tongs (who says ya can't build a better mouse-trap lol). (the one on the bottom I'd like to try on my (very down the road) neighbor's giant bag of snot sheep chasin' dog), nah, nm.

:rockn: :blob2: :rockn:

Thanks! Here they're called 'canthooks' I really like the one on top and the one in the middle looks functional too, sort of like old ice tongs (who says ya can't build a better mouse-trap lol). (the one on the bottom I'd like to try on my (very down the road) neighbor's giant bag of snot sheep chasin' dog), nah, nm.

:rockn: :blob2: :rockn:

Well now you can't get the one on top and the one on bottom, but you can get the two type in the Pics, in Red, Yellow, or Orange.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Well now you can't get the one on top and the one on bottom, but you can get the two type in the Pics, in Red, Yellow, or Orange.
attachment.php
attachment.php
I wuz just thinkin where I'd seen the first hook-type ones, sheesh, we (some) use them for tossing hay bales lol (DOH!) (really). :)

:givebeer: :clap: :chainsaw:

Don't you have Husqvarna/Jonsered/Partner Combi Can over there ?
I have used one for many years !
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45068&stc=][/QUOTE]

The BEST! I have this one, I will never use any other kind! I have tried the hardware store versions, the spouts leak, bits get lost, with the orange can all the bits are attached, no losing lids or caps or spouts. The amount of overspill I've saved in oil and gas far outweighs any perceived inconvenience of filling the sections from the 'shop container'.

So there!!:chainsaw:

How about the HILLBILLY COMBI CAN:

2 gallon jugs of bar oil (one empty, one full)
1 length of broken saw starter rope from debris in the woods wagon
Standard gas can containing your mix

Fill empty bar oil jug with mix from aforementioned gas can. Tie old starter rope to both jug handles. Throw string with the attached cans over shoulder, and off you go. (For the ADVANCED hillbilly combi-can, you can use tape, permanent marker, or different colored caps to distinguish the gas from the oil. This assumes an illiterate operator, otherwise simply labeling them will do)

I wuz just thinkin where I'd seen the first hook-type ones, sheesh, we (some) use them for tossing hay bales lol (DOH!) (really). :)

:givebeer: :clap: :chainsaw:

Same here. I will be looking for one. Having used those before I wonder why I never considered one for the wood lot. Might require a bit of reshaping of the hook curve though.

Harry K

Has anyone heard of a gas and bar oil can called the combi can? I saw one for sale on ebay and wondered if anyone had seen or has one. I think it would be a good thing to be able to carry only one can with your gas and oil .

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated...

Sorry I just did a search and see there is plenty of advice.

Shipper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250064668029&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

I have one. It's OK but not worth the trouble. I find it easier to carry a can of mix, and a gallon jug of bar oil. Easier to use. I changed the spouts and it made it a little easier to pour, but I may end up just junking it and going back to the way I did it before. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old thread, but does anyone know where to get a combi can now?

I got one from Baileys, the can is fine, the CARB nozzles suck bigtime, spring loaded pieces of crap...I bought a pair of old school plain jane pour spouts off ebay to replace....

The smart thing about them isn't the can itself - it's the nozzles you screw onto the can. They shut of the pouring when the oil/fuel tank is full - and they do it without spilling. . . and it works GREAT:clap:

Scotlayshooter allready made links.

yeah but we can't get them here in the US....trust me I tried...

At first I thought it would be a pain in the but gimmick, but the picture of the can that separates looks OK. I'll keep the ones I have though. I figured if I had them together or even the same collor I'd be pourin the wrong stuff in the wrong end. Not long after I got my Stihl 290 I filled the gas with oil and oil with gas. My little Echo 305 has the gas in the front and the Stihl is in the back. I'm too knott headed to pay attention, so I keep my mixed gas in a blue steel 5 gallon can and my bar oil in a plastic gallon or quart bottle, Joe.

Latest posts

Back