Controversial Dealings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turd-tossers don't need their own thread. There's already plenty of that spread throughout the other forums.

ive only read the first post so sry if any of what im about to say is already said, or holds no value cause this thread is way of topic already.

easy fix.
To solve the buyer problems, create a new topic on the main page waaaayyyy at the bottom entitled feedback.
One can stared a thread in there called "cwalkers feedback" or wht have yo
when I do a transaction with someone i would post in there feedback thread what i bought, and when, and how i felt the transaction went. they would do the same in my feedback thread. you look at someones feedback thread befor you buy, judge for yourself.

not so easy fix.
this is vbullitin for cryin out loud,install a mod that has a visual seller feedback rating that is displyed right below the user name on every post. i know it can be done with phpbb and im shure that vbullitin has a mod out there for this very thing. its a crazy versitile platform and can do just about anything..........oh and btw its dosent have to be so hard to embed pics either......theres a mod for that :)

just my 2c

geterdoneson

Last edited:
Well I'm prepaired for the blasting I'm fixing to get so here goes.
Trimmed why should this type of stuff be posted at all? Seems to me we are all supposed to be adults here and why can't the two parties involved get on the phone and deal with it like grown ups not kids.

Why do you need to post it up and get the guys on here involed. You no opinions are like butt holes everbody has one and they are all different. Then you get the friends of one and friends of the other one and they most likely are going to side with there friend even if they don't know all the details so you have no real objective thoughts trying to work it out.

We need to all get along and do the best we can to make all these deals and trades work out cause it's a good thing. We've sold, bought and gave stuff away and it all can be work out if you really try. It's just like an auction it is what it is. I'm don't now let the flaming begin.:tongue2:

ive only read the first post so sry if any of what im about to say is already said, or holds no value cause this thread is way of topic already.

easy fix.
To solve the buyer problems, create a new topic on the main page waaaayyyy at the bottom entitled feedback.
One can stared a thread in there called "cwalkers feedback" or wht have yo
when I do a transaction with someone i would post in there feedback thread what i bought, and when, and how i felt the transaction went. they would do the same in my feedback thread. you look at someones feedback thread befor you buy, judge for yourself.

not so easy fix.
this is vbullitin for cryin out loud,install a mod that has a visual seller feedback rating that is displyed right below the user name on every post. i know it can be done with phpbb and im shure that vbullitin has a mod out there for this very thing. its a crazy versitile platform and can do just about anything..........oh and btw its dosent have to be so hard to embed pics either......theres a mod for that :)

just my 2c

geterdoneson

Why should anybody read your post if you haven't read anybody else's ?

There are some good folks here, but there are too many @ss-holes around here to have a logical, decent, level-headed forum that specializes in critical comments. That's just my opinion. :msp_smile:

If there was a way I would give positive feedback to every member I've had a transaction with so far. That number is very small and partly for the reason that I don't know who I can trust. In the past I have searched a members threads and posts to get a feel if they were the kind of person I wanted to deal with.

Some sort of rating system, or transaction feedback system, would be a good thing. There have been a few times when I wanted to offer a part to someone with a project, but just had no idea if they were worth helping. I've helped a few people, sold some parts and gave some away, so far everyone has been fine to deal with, but I know that won't always be the case.

There are a couple of threads about deals gone bad and based on those there are members I would never deal with. There needs to be some way to track this stuff. Trading is part of what brings people here, the better the system the more people, which is better for the site.

Mr. HE:cool:

There are some good folks here, but there are too many @ss-holes around here to have a logical, decent, level-headed forum that specializes in critical comments. That's just my opinion. :msp_smile:

Most of those guys would behave themselves if it was required, just like pre-school.;)

Mr. HE:cool:

1. set up a "dispute" forum
2. the "aggrieved" party initiates a thread in which the dispute is spelled out and the "offender's" user name is listed.
3. the thread title contains both names, ie - joeschmuck vs. joeshttheragman (this allows for future searches by third parties when researching trustworthiness of potential buyers/sellers)
4. a designated moderator sends a pm to the "offender" notifying him that he has been called out
5. the "offender" responds to the complaint
6. the "aggrieved" re-responds
7. the "offender" re-responds
8. the thread is closed to further activity except it is left open to reading
9. if a response, in either direction, has not been posted within a designated time period (2 days, a week, a fortnight, month, etc) the thread will be closed to further activity except it is left open to reading
10. the thread will remain in perpetuity unless both parties agree to remove the thread.

-only the two parties will be able to post (this could take some doing but should be able to be done)
-allowing two "back-and-forths" will allow the parties to resolve (if possible) the issues and will also allow the parties to post any successful resolution (this should be required).
-no feedback is necessary since all readers can make their own determination.
-not necessary to ban anyone since the unspoken consensus would defacto accomplish that

this could work. there should be some means to at least air problems and possibly seek redress.

Well I'm prepaired for the blasting I'm fixing to get so here goes.
Trimmed why should this type of stuff be posted at all? Seems to me we are all supposed to be adults here and why can't the two parties involved get on the phone and deal with it like grown ups not kids.

Why do you need to post it up and get the guys on here involed. You no opinions are like butt holes everbody has one and they are all different. Then you get the friends of one and friends of the other one and they most likely are going to side with there friend even if they don't know all the details so you have no real objective thoughts trying to work it out.

We need to all get along and do the best we can to make all these deals and trades work out cause it's a good thing. We've sold, bought and gave stuff away and it all can be work out if you really try. It's just like an auction it is what it is. I'm don't now let the flaming begin.:tongue2:

You have really said nothing here. The ganging up, dogpiling and whatever are here no matter what. If you find that unpleasant so be it. In that case show enough fortitude to either not read the thread or read it and not complain. Why is stifling it any good, where is the justice in censoring reality? Are you not capable of making up your own mind?? Gimme a break.

How about you tell me why someone that takes a $600 plus screwing here would be breaking a rule if they mentioned it. Are you gonna make them whole?? How about the next guy that gets screwed because he had no idea that the guy he was dealing with was screwing other folks. That happen to be a real thing there, has happened many times before. But instead, it's more important for you to avoid a little unpleasantness than it is for the guy wronged to get righted. That's pretty ####ing selfish there pal.

Joat is always spot on, once you understand the riddle there is a good point behind his words:hmm3grin2orange:

Why doesn't everyone just send the quality that matches the description and share some pics with each other of the items being sent........And if you miss a flaw, make it right!!!!:bang:

Why is that a difficult concept?!?!......A man's word is what makes the man. (Not that any of us are flawless).

I think ole trimmed is up to something.

Notice he typed the word "controversial" in the title of this thread on September 11th - 10 years later?!

Maybe he's trying to let us in on a secret. Something's fishy here. This thread is much like a Transformer - "There's more than meets the eye".

Optimus Trimmed?

Why doesn't everyone just send the quality that matches the description and share some pics with each other of the items being sent........And if you miss a flaw, make it right!!!!:bang:

Why is that a difficult concept?!?!......A man's word is what makes the man. (Not that any of us are flawless).

That is the correct answer...............but......don't always work out like that.

Latest posts

Back