Could not cut wood tonight Mom and kids were in the way!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynching is good? I don't think so. We have laws and TRIALS for a reason. Read up on the range wars and about innocent people getting lynched, along with the guilty.

Ain't no such thing as innocent, everyone is guilty of something... when the courts go back to handing out real justice, instead of the current bleeding-heart BS, we'll stop shootin' 'em when we catch 'em in the act :D

Oh cool! I miss seeing them, deer and turkeys are about all poached out around here. All the ATV trails and powerlines, etc make it easy for the poachers to get in and out. You hear shots every night. The wardens make an attempt, but obviously it isn't near enough. 8 years ago when we moved here, it was about a daily occurrence to see deer and turkeys..boy not now, just once in awhile and not too many. They caught a few poaching in my boss's biggest lake, can't prove it was one of them, but someone went in and opened the valve and completely drained it, thousands of fish gone, some hugemongous bass and assorted everything else. That just happened a few weeks ago.

He said last time some years ago when the wardens cracked down, the poachers just started shooting the cows! Cut fences, shoot cows, sometimes leave them, sometimes just peel off the sirloins, etc.

That hasn't happened yet since I have been here.

Terrible deal about the drained pond.

"Honest" poaching is one thing (someone who is completely down on their luck, taking just what they need to get by). Killing for horns, for bragging rights, or just to kill is another.

The solution for that is simple but it takes law enforcement with some "cajones" to pull it off. 1) Find an informant to determine the kingpins and underlings. 2) Take down kingpins. 3) Take down underlings and put the squeeze on them to rat out others.

Terrible deal about the drained pond.

"Honest" poaching is one thing (someone who is completely down on their luck, taking just what they need to get by). Killing for horns, for bragging rights, or just to kill is another.

The solution for that is simple but it takes law enforcement with some "cajones" to pull it off. 1) Find an informant to determine the kingpins and underlings. 2) Take down kingpins. 3) Take down underlings and put the squeeze on them to rat out others.

They have caught a few, but..just generally speaking..I am guesstimating around at least 10% of the population around here is bad guys now. Poachers. thieves, drug dealers, whatever.

I am annoyed. but, have to deal with it, not quite as bad as metro atlanta yet. Being right down in the middle of the R king riots and seeing things that were *not* shown on TV woke me up to get out, and I eventually did, albeit I waited too long.. Little kids to old grandmas rioting, looting. If it wasn't for my two close friends, mr. s and mr. w, I wouldn't even be here most likely. but..now the inked up latin badguys are all over the closest towns. So, same ole crap eventually. The third worlding of the USA...being done on purpose apparently...ain't that special...and they aren't going to run out of them as long as it is a catered free ride in then dispersed hither thither and yon throughout the nation. When I was a kid, I think this would have been called an outright invasion and high level treason if it wasn't stopped immediately..

Anyway, wish the deer and turkeys were back. Didn't mean to derail the OPs thread some, nice to see the critter pics! I still enjoy seeing a big variety here, just the deer and turkeys have gotten thinned out considerably. Not totally gone but mostly. Most of the hawks we used to see are gone as well.

"Honest" poaching is one thing (someone who is completely down on their luck, taking just what they need to get by).
I agree with you... sometimes what would be legally termed as poaching, just ain't poaching in my book.
The problem is where exactly to draw the line.

If someone "is completely down on their luck, taking just what they need"... just as you, I don't see that as poaching. But what if we go just a bit further...
The deer eat from my garden all summer, munch off my flowers, shrubs, bushes and tree seedlings from fall through spring, and just generally help themselves to anything they want including the field crops. I'm not "down on my luck", but I do love a thick, grilled, venison steak... so is it poaching in your mind if I shoot a doe in the ear for freezer meat, in late fall, from my kitchen window, while it stands in my back yard munching on the last of the garden goods or the dogwood shrubs ?? See... in my mind that ain't poaching, I'm just harvesting the bounty from the land I live on.

Where exactly should we draw the line??

Those have been here for years, cept for the gangs. In my area, the tweakers are known and some of them even work hard illegally--stealing firewood in the woods not from stacks, music wood from the forest and legally--cutting legal firewood, picking mushrooms to get their meth. They seem to have a bit of respect for the community--many were born and raised here. Our country, unless cleared well for marginal farming, is hard to ATV around in. Topography limits that and ATVs are noisy.

Gangs? Our community is small and we would know who the gangs members are and they'd have a hard time scaring our populace. This is a former major logging area and the people are not weak. Polite, and a few of us what you'd label as "liberals" cuz that has to be brought up in EVERY post by some. but we are not weak

Don't move here.

WOW, even your drug addicts are better than the rest of ours.

I agree with you... sometimes what would be legally termed as poaching, just ain't poaching in my book.

If someone "is completely down on their luck, taking just what they need"... just as you, I don't see that as poaching. But what if we go just a bit further...
The deer eat from my garden all summer, munch off my flowers, shrubs, bushes and tree seedlings from fall through spring, and just generally help themselves to anything they want including the field crops. I'm not "down on my luck", but I do love a thick, grilled, venison steak... so is it poaching in your mind if I shoot a doe in the ear for freezer meat, in late fall, from my kitchen window, while it stands in my back yard munching on the last of the garden goods or the dogwood shrubs ?? See... in my mind that ain't poaching, I'm just harvesting the bounty from the land I live on.

WS, we think alike. For me, the line should be drawn if a person doesn't do their durndest to utilize all the meat, or just shoots for the horns or for the "fun". I typically shoot more deer than I can personally use, but the excess goes to Hunters Feeding the Hungry. A buddy's farm is close to the city, and only a few are allowed to hunt on it. There's a BUNCH of deer that walk out of suburbia and hit the farm - he gets 20 depredation permits a year and we don't use them all (we could easily).

Personally, if you do what you feel you need to do and keep your mouth shut about it, I've got no problem with it. If a family takes 2 deer a year, does it really matter if one is shot in September and one in November? No.

Another thing that gets me are these clowns who feed deer in the winter, shoot the big bucks illegally, and then say they found a "winterkill" rack. My arse it was winterkill. Then they parade it around town or sell it for big $$$.

I know a guy who lost hunting and fishing privileges for years because he couldn't keep his big mouth shut, blabbered to a wired federal agent in a bar one night.

Well, there's one line, called a property line. Guys sneaking in without permission, etc, and blasting away on your turf is clear cut.

I have found here, cut fences to make it easy to get through and bait stations, I destroy them and fix the fences. So far, they haven't redone that in the same area, if they do, I will take it personal then. Last cut fence I found was local badguys sneaking into the airport to steal junk batteries! Lucky for me I found some, right where I mow. If the grass was higher I might have missed it and smacked into them. Not sure how many they took, but I recovered half a dozen or so abandoned along the path they took. Draw a line from the abandoned too heavy to carry far batteries, where they came from when stolen, and it points directly to a known bad guys house (renters). The owner there was notified and he is kicking them out. Same dudes also made me a ton of nice ruts doing donuts in a wet field with some big 4x4, boss caught them doing it. Still see the same truck going by once in awhile though, not sure where they moved to.

No... No... Nooo... Nooooooo... You have that all wrong... It's Bush's fault ‼ :laugh:

I got no use for that R or D deal. Every single one of those bozo fearless leaders who gets so called elected in, is on the real behind the scenes powerbrokers*** short list of approved and compromised persons. They don't care, one of their boys always gets in. They give orders, orders are followed. The R and D is a dog and pony show for the masses to keep them amused and faked out. IMO. Took me years and years to grudgingly admit to the evidence in my face, but eventually I had no choice.

***doesn't matter, the illuminated bilderburglars of the 35th degree. Whatever. Ultimate globalist fatcats. The aristocracy and feudalism never went away, they just change clothing styles and official titles every so often.

Dang, I gonna quit this thread, no need to get overly upset. gonna go move some wood and play with the dogs and cats until dark.

Using the logic of spiderman, I guess he needs to start out and shoot himself.

It is better here because it is once again, a very small community--I wouldn't even call it a town. That means we know each other. I guess it is something you can't understand.

The deer by us do alot of damage to are crops. We had agriculture tags and could shoot 10 a year. Problem is we don't like the meat. We can give the permits to people to use on our land but no one wants to shoot them in early summer when they are doing the damage. We even leased our land to the Dnr for public hunting access. And like 6 deer were shot last season. This year same damage going on . We got a million turkeys too, that do some damage also. I wouldn't care if someone shot all them on our land. They are worse than rats in my opinion.

slowp,
I'm sorry (for you) if my thinkin' don't don't match with yours...
But why is it you near always seem to twist things I post into something it ain't ?? My comments about shootin' and buryin' were directed towards cattle thieves... the stealing (or killing) of private property.
I'm gonna' ask you real nice-like one more time... please stop twisting what I post into something I did not post. If you believe me to be a Creaton of the lowest sort, then just say so (really, I can handle it)... don't twist things into false context in some sort of vain attempt to prove your point (not to mention it would improve your credibility).
Thank you.

Addendum; Or keep doin' what ever ya' want... what the hell do I care ??

It is better here because it is once again, a very small community--I wouldn't even call it a town. That means we know each other. I guess it is something you can't understand.

No, its better here, because you're, there...

I've lived in the same house my whole life, small community, 280 kids in the only elementary school on the beach, one middle school on the mainland and one high school right next to it. Understand? I understand you have some big bloomers crammed up your ass all the time, for sure.

Don't move away from where you are, though I bet everyone that knows you, wishes you would.

Latest posts

Back