crane and i doing our thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the BC 2000 will be chipping long after that woodsman throws the drum through the top of the machine had a 1800 and a 2000, both nasty but the single axle 1800 has the habit of lifting the truck when its running through big wood

:agree2: cannot see why they put that size chipper on one axle (1800)

picture.php
Theres my baby when she was new in 2000, just bought her .

Code:
you really are retarded. that was an 8k pound top.

and you are more than welcome to call over to marquis tree and find out if they have the best climber in this area working for them or not. ask for john or dave.

i lol at you eddie. not with you but at you.
This is OD's reply when he was tearing it up in the BIG APPLE PARK with his 8K pic , which is equivalent to the weight of my dually pick up which only weighs 7860#'s so lets just say his weight chart in his brain may be a little warped or maybe he forgets that a true load weight includes all the rigging hanging from the tip of the boom , including the load line , the pill and all rigging including the anti two block, slings or spreader hooks what have ya , Now if that was a Dually hanging from your crane than i would be truly impressed

Last edited:
Code:
This is OD's reply when he was tearing it up in the BIG APPLE PARK with his 8K pic , which is equivalent to the weight of my dually pick up which only weighs 7860#'s so lets just say his weight chart in his brain may be a little warped or maybe he forgets that a true load weight includes all the rigging hanging from the tip of the boom , including the load line , the pill and all rigging including the anti two block, slings or spreader hooks what have ya , Now if that was a Dually hanging from your crane than i would be truly impressed

I have no doubt that crane would lift a dully My grapple truck lifted one 85 f350:monkey:

Code:

listen man.

i am hooked up headset wise to the crane op. i know what every single pick i i cut weighs.

same way in NYC. it was more like 8200 but who's counting.

you trying to tell me a 60ton grove gmk could not pic up your dually at 70-80ft? lol.

what about this oak pick? it's 10k. again picked by a 60 ton grove gmk at like 60ft i believe. or this 7900 spruce butt, same crane....

or how about this 15k silver maple butt picked by our 38ton and put on the log truck?

where your vids, eddie?

listen man.

i am hooked up headset wise to the crane op. i know what every single pick i i cut weighs.

same way in NYC. it was more like 8200 but who's counting.

you trying to tell me a 60ton grove gmk could not pic up your dually at 70-80ft? lol.

what about this oak pick? it's 10k. again picked by a 60 ton grove gmk at like 60ft i believe. or this 7900 spruce butt, same crane....

or how about this 15k silver maple butt picked by our 38ton and put on the log truck?

where your vids, eddie?

Nice pics OD thats some serious weight I am sure you and your crane op wont try to pic too much. I personally might chicken out and tend to stay lighter until or unless I thoroughly knew all of our capabilities. I am sure your crew has done that and now are confident in every pic and not trying to find the staw to break the camel. Be safe bro and don't worry about our confidence in your abilities.

hey eddie. how much this weigh?

nary a spider sling on a single pick. lol

hey rope thanks bud.

its not the size of the piece that matters its the weight. a lot of guys get scared by how big they go and rightfully so i guess if you have no idea on wood weights. silver maple is nice and light so you can go big but don't try to pull the same move on a sugar maple thats fo sho. just stay in the chart man, thats all! and know your cuts. absolutely nothing wrong with a leave it cut on a long lateral and get it standing up upon release for greater control.

it seems we get limited to what we can put down due to drop zone rather than what we can pick.

hey eddie. how much this weigh?

nary a spider sling on a single pick. lol

hey rope thanks bud.

its not the size of the piece that matters its the weight. a lot of guys get scared by how big they go and rightfully so i guess if you have no idea on wood weights. silver maple is nice and light so you can go big but don't try to pull the same move on a sugar maple thats fo sho. just stay in the chart man, thats all! and know your cuts. absolutely nothing wrong with a leave it cut on a long lateral and get it standing up upon release for greater control.

it seems we get limited to what we can put down due to drop zone rather than what we can pick.

Yup been using charts trying to estimate loads on my grapple truck they are close but sometimes moisture content can make them heavier than the charts say. I need to get a tag axle as the truck empty weighs 29500 and the highest I can tag is 44k with the twin screws on it so roughly seven tons is legal. I tried to estimate the first load and came to the mill with ten tons on her so gotta get better lol:cheers:

That is a nice pick!! do you pretty much try and find the center of mass on one like that or do you want to lift vertically?

i try to get the piece to look like its still in the tree after the cut. 2 slings is all you really need to do it. i mean on the odd occasion another sling or 2 might get used but no tree is the same.

hey eddie, how much this "top" weigh and how far?

no. we borrow his cranes on the odd occasion. he and my boss have a working relationship that i try not to understand. lol. glad they can work together though....that a 115ton crane in that pic!

Back