cya...cover your ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the plan...

you look at the tree and decide if it has approx. 80% healthy canopy (used to be 60% but researchers upped this this year) relative to eab degradation. if so treat with appropriate chems at optimum time (very important) according to manufacturer's label instructions and according to most current research guidelines. I can link this if anyone wants.

Dose and Timing.

I'd like the link. Good to see you around, Dave.

treevet,
I still don't see where Imajet is a better option than soil drench (or soil injection) of imidacloprid for annual maintenance. Yes, the Imajet will get into the tree a little quicker if you are treating at the end of April or mid-May. I do most of the soil injections in late March before everything else gets cranking so it is an added bonus to have those done rather than having to wait for leaf-out. Also, this is certainly quicker than Imajet, and no holes drilled in the tree. I am not questioning Imajet as a legitimate treatment option or disagreeing with its use, I am just curious why you have gone that route over soil applied imidacloprid.

Bidrin makes sense... having the fast action option is good. But I see that as a one time treatment, then move onto a scheduled plan when we don't need to react so quickly because imidacloprid can be put in with advance notice.

Latest posts

Back