Do 2 circlips cost that much to ship?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardware stores don't have wrist pin clips. OEM wrist pin clips are made from high quality steel. Hardware stores have retaining rings, not suitable for use in a high-speed modern saw. PM me your address and I'll tape two new 440 wrist pin clips to a piece of cardstock and mail them to you for free.

That's why I keep a tackle box full of extra wrist pin clips and other goodies. Those and carb kit parts are the little things that are good to accumulate over the years.

How did I miss this post. My B-day is in March.

what kind of a dealer doesn't have circlips ?!?!!

Ambarassing to say it's two STIHL dealers in the area. Unless they only stock the complete piston kit and not the clips. Whatever the reason they should stock these things, they probably only cost them a few cents each.

I need one clip and called 3 Stihl places, all want to order them and I pay shipping. Not even the Dolmar dealer here has them in stock 12x1 spring rings. Less than a dollar each, can't order them in a pack of a dozen, 1 at a time! AND then tell me it's going to be Wednesday before they come in...thank god I've got a new set from an 066 build still waiting for parts, going to rob one of them! Same clip for the 066 fits the 7900.

Are all the clips the same size for the bigger saws, 12x1?

The Stihl dist. is set up with one shipping outfit, like Fedex.

They are not going to mess with using the USPS for real small orders, and I
don't blame them.

My Oregon dist., the same thing, they use UPS, shipping costs me $8, no matter how big or small......

Most dealers are not going to have them in stock. Why would they? If you need to remove the piston to install a new one, the clips come in there. I know I was looking for some awhile ago that is what my dealer told me. We don't stock clip but we'll sell you a piston kit. Most companies are set up with shipping systems to assist them. That's why the cost is $8 to ship. They need to pay for the program so they add a few $$ to each bill to cover it.

Shipping charges on small items

That is the reason I order carb kits from E-bay, they show up in a USPS envelope
with minimal shipping charges, dislike paying more for shipping than item cost,
can buy 1 loop of chain from sponsors cheaper than local, but with shipping charges
it is higher.

I need one clip and called 3 Stihl places, all want to order them and I pay shipping. Not even the Dolmar dealer here has them in stock 12x1 spring rings. Less than a dollar each, can't order them in a pack of a dozen, 1 at a time! AND then tell me it's going to be Wednesday before they come in...thank god I've got a new set from an 066 build still waiting for parts, going to rob one of them! Same clip for the 066 fits the 7900.

Are all the clips the same size for the bigger saws, 12x1?

not all clips are the same size. Measure the wrist pin and look for clips to fit. The 12mm x 1mm is for a 12mm wrist pin. I think the best circlips are the ones with NO ears, just like the ones on the link I posted.

Wondering if anyone had ever purchase something as small as two circlips. I have stopped by two dealers and neither had them in stock. Now, I was ready to place an order for a set of circlips which cost $2.59 for both and at checkout the shipping was $8. I guess it must be "If it fits it ships" shipping.:bang:

Can't these things be taped to the inside of an envelope and shipped in a .50 cent envelope/stamp? Or tape them both to an invoice and throw invoice in the envelope and ship it with regular mail.

This has got to be the most expensive shipping for the smallest item I've ever come across. Am I being cheap?

The way i see it is, they're going to get you one way or the other. 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

Ambarassing to say it's two STIHL dealers in the area. Unless they only stock the complete piston kit and not the clips. Whatever the reason they should stock these things, they probably only cost them a few cents each.

Why would they when they'd rather you bring it to them for a top end rebuild ;-)

Well they are on their way to me. Bought 7 for $3.00 and shipping was a whole $1.25

I hope I don't lose more than 5 trying to get them on the piston.

since we're on the topic.... I doubt I've ever installed a piston without first spending 1/2 an hour on my knees searching for a clip that had been shot out of a piston fast enough to make a particle accelerator blush. Would it kill them to throw in an extra half dozen or so?!?!?!:mad-tongue:
by the way, thsese new smilies suck ass too!

I did that with my beretta once.. I was re installing the slide spring when I accidentally let go.. it and the plunger shot off.. one part hit my x square in the forehead. I was laughing so hard I didn't notice where it went.. I wasn't laughing when it took me almost 2 hours to find the spring and plunger! all in all id do it again !!!!! ( hitting the x in the forehead)

I did that with my beretta once.. I was re installing the slide spring when I accidentally let go.. it and the plunger shot off.. one part hit my x square in the forehead. I was laughing so hard I didn't notice where it went.. I wasn't laughing when it took me almost 2 hours to find the spring and plunger! all in all id do it again !!!!! ( hitting the x in the forehead)

Those are known as Jesus springs... :D

Latest posts

Back