Do these prices sound about right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darl Bundren

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
346xp = 484.95 with an 18" bar. MS 260 = 479.95 with an 18" bar. I've seen better prices online, but I would like to buy from a local dealer. But not if he's charging well above what other local dealers charge. Thanks.

Do Husky and Stihl have fixed pricing, or can dealers sell for less than list?

Both of those prices are MSRP. Shop around, you should be able to find a better deal on the Husky. Most Stihl dealers won't drop below suggested retail very much if at all, from my experience.

Stihl dealers are hard to talk down, thats the way Stihl likes it. Husky is starting down this road as well......its a bumpy road!

MS260 sounded high....

The 346xp sells for the same around here but the last I checked an ms260 sold for $459 with a similar setup. Are you sure it wasn't an MS260 PRO? The PRO version has decomp. and adjustable oiler.

The 346xp sells for the same around here but the last I checked an ms260 sold for $459 with a similar setup. Are you sure it wasn't an MS260 PRO? The PRO version has decomp. and adjustable oiler.

It was just the regular MS260. Do you reckon the $479 is the 2008 price?

Stihl has been increasing their prices $10-$20 @ a time for many months now so as to creep the prices up on us.

The 260 sounds about right, the Pro model is up around 520$ i think not 100% certain without my price book in front of me.

when i looked at 260 PRO a few years ago they where $370, a few months ago $470, now $520.

anybody see a trend here?

:popcorn:

Stihl has been increasing their prices $10-$20 @ a time for many months now so as to creep the prices up on us.

This is a flase staement!!

Ceratin saws went up certain saws didnt. There was a price increase Oct 1st, first one in a few years!, and another middle of December.

Only certain saws, like the 200T, saw a price increase twice.

There was a price increase Oct 1st, first one in a few years!, and another middle of December.

it may have been just prior to OCT 1st or my dealer didnt update the prices yet and not exactly 3 months.

:givebeer:

Was he considering an Echo? I must have missed that.

Al:cheers:
Don't think he was...but your warranty argument is trivial imo. I haven't ran any 346's so I cannot vouch for them, but the 20+ year track record of the 026/260 speaks for itself.

The price on the Husky is pretty high, they were selling for $419 online before Husqvarna stopped their online sales. Especially if that 346 is the old 45cc version. If you can find a New Edition 346xp for $450 with 3/8 chain jump on it, it is a lot more saw than the outdated 260.

Yeah its been around 20 years, but all that means is its a 20 year old design and its getting close to being obsolete considering the premium price Stihl charges for it.

The price on the Husky is pretty high, they were selling for $419 online before Husqvarna stopped their online sales. Especially if that 346 is the old 45cc version. If you can find a New Edition 346xp for $450 with 3/8 chain jump on it, it is a lot more saw than the outdated 260.

Yeah its been around 20 years, but all that means is its a 20 year old design and its getting close to being obsolete considering the premium price Stihl charges for it.

Have you used an 026/260 extensively?

Don't think he was...but your warranty argument is trivial imo. I haven't ran any 346's so I cannot vouch for them, but the 20+ year track record of the 026/260 speaks for itself.

It's hardly trivial - if the 260 is so good why doesn't Stihl warrant it or any of their saws for a longer period for that matter? Warranty periods should be considered in the overall value of any purchase - especially for consumer use.
Al:)

It's hardly trivial - if the 260 is so good why doesn't Stihl warrant it or any of their saws for a longer period for that matter? Warranty periods should be considered in the overall value of any purchase - especially for consumer use.
Al:)
What have you gained from the longer warranty period personally on your huskies?

Echo has a 5 year warranty...does that mean they are better than dolmar, husky, jonsered, and stihl?

Peace of mind.

And a new carb on the little 141 after owning it for 1 year and 10 months! Nothing on the others - and that's fine with me. It's there in case you have a problem . . . and for the price of new quality saws the longer the warranty -the better.
Al :)

Back