Do You Prefer: "Full Wrap vs. Half Wrap Handlebars"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Full Wrap vs. Half Wrap Handlebars for Tree Falling

• Full Wrap

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • Half Wrap

Votes: 56 52.3%

• Total voters
so am i wrong in assuming 372 is your "main" saw? have you any first hand experience comparing 372/371 with a 046/044? i havent heard nothin bad bout the 372 but i cant find nothin to complain about with my 044

Yeah my modded 372 is my normal go to saw and are you talking 044 or MS 440? I actually like stills when they had real caps even though they could have designed their screw in cap better, they still worked. Stihl is tied for second place with dolmar ime.

At the risk of being the terd in the salad bowl, it's really hard to choose between the 044 and the 372. The 044, I find is easier to work on, while I believe the 372 has less vibration. I eventually went to one brand now and only have Huskies, for whatever reason, although I miss the Stihls.
John

Listen Stihls aren't dogs and you won't find any #### in them. Second a stihl isn't hard to start or "choked up". If you run the right filter on them you won't have any problem, besides an MS880 will stomp a 3120xp any day. :popcorn:

Lmao the filter has little effect at stopping debris from entering the hood. Granted they still run with caked up filters and after a while you don't even have to use a choke:hmm3grin2orange: They are not bad though, they seem to do great as husky's #####:love1: PS the 880 can you lift it and keep up in the woods? I could easily say a v8 would blow it away but is it effective in real woods?

Yeah my modded 372 is my normal go to saw and are you talking 044 or MS 440? I actually like stills when they had real caps even though they could have designed their screw in cap better, they still worked. Stihl is tied for second place with dolmar ime.

its an old school 044 i dont like the newer saws much i watched my buddy bust a few engine mounts and tweak his saw pretty good cause a baby alder leaned back lol. i could have fell that tree on my 44 and nothin woulda happend. his saw was a new 460 mag and it is just a plastic toy. runs good and handles good though. not much of a work saw though.

its an old school 044 i dont like the newer saws much i watched my buddy bust a few engine mounts and tweak his saw pretty good cause a baby alder leaned back lol. i could have fell that tree on my 44 and nothin woulda happend. his saw was a new 460 mag and it is just a plastic toy. runs good and handles good though. not much of a work saw though.

That 460 mag is very similar to your 044. No more plastic on the 460 than your 044 either, unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.

Same basic saw dude:confused:

well your confused if you think an 09 460 mag is the same thing as a 95 044

Seriously, they are a very similar saw. Now if you are talking a 441 vs. an 044 there's a lot of differences. But the 046/460 has been the same design probably since it came out.

well brad i have read many of your posts and i have no doubt your knoledge of saws is far superior to mine BUT the new 460 mag has more differences than that when compared to old 044. now when your say 046 you may be correct but im saying 044. and brad i definitly wouldnt argue with you over this unless i knew it to be true. i have sat down and tore the saws down. they have more differences than you are aware. put the 044 out of the argument and tell me why an old 046 is about 5 pounds heavier than a new 460 mag.

im not trying to say there completely different but for your to think theres absolutely no changes except for the exhaust flippy caps and (air filter) is kinda nuts. how do you think they cut weight more plastic less metal. now that makes sense. i agree that the basic design is the same but they break easy. the new AV makes it weaker

I know the 044 and 460 are different saws. But they are built nearly identical. There are also no significant differences in a early 044 and a newer MS440. I'm sorry, they're just not there. Yes, they added a decomp, an HD filter and cover, and a stronger crank. But that's about it. There is NO significant difference in the first 046 and a new MS460. None. There is not a meaningful difference in weight.

Back