Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Return time? Cycle time?

Wow it can out do a timberwolf Tw5 I would have never believe that it was that fast . So what I'm getting is' it's the spring return ? So how fast does that thing return? and the whole cycle time ? I have seen lot's of ads people looking them and parts hmmm.

I think if you Google lickety splitter parts are available online. Might have to play with spelling and spacing. They have a website somewhere I am sure I do not know if Manuals are available or not.

I have a EK308

I fixed a 5HP log splitter for a woman in our church a number of years ago. When I dropped it off she asked me if I would haul off another one that had a seized engine to the dump. It was under a rotted tarp and turned out to be a Lickety Log Splitter model EK308. Someone had run the engine out of oil and seized it up then they took it apart and lost the head and sheet metal.

I found another Kohler K181 8HP engine on the internet that was worn out. I completely rebuilt it and got it running. Besides the engine all it needed was hoses and hydraulic fluid and I was splitting wood. This winter I am going to change the o-rings in the ram and put new tires on it. The good thing is I live less than 10 miles from Webb Chain Saw which is the only place you can get parts for this splitter in the US.

Does anyone know where I can find a 4-way wedge for this machine? I really, really wish I had that wedge. Unfortunately that was one of the parts that was lost.

Bob

I fixed a 5HP log splitter for a woman in our church a number of years ago. When I dropped it off she asked me if I would haul off another one that had a seized engine to the dump. It was under a rotted tarp and turned out to be a Lickety Log Splitter model EK308. Someone had run the engine out of oil and seized it up then they took it apart and lost the head and sheet metal.

I found another Kohler K181 8HP engine on the internet that was worn out. I completely rebuilt it and got it running. Besides the engine all it needed was hoses and hydraulic fluid and I was splitting wood. This winter I am going to change the o-rings in the ram and put new tires on it. The good thing is I live less than 10 miles from Webb Chain Saw which is the only place you can get parts for this splitter in the US.

Does anyone know where I can find a 4-way wedge for this machine? I really, really wish I had that wedge. Unfortunately that was one of the parts that was lost.

Bob

Bob, just fab the wedge from a picture. . . Or have it fab'd at a local shop. Beats trying to find one on such an old machine.

Best of luck with your project, sounds neat. :cheers:

last time I found one of these things i fought a couple of people on ebay for it and lost. It went for over 2500 and wasnt in running condition.:jawdrop:

lickity-

here's mine model #26MK32F - I also have the product manual for their models (15 page) and their parts catalog (16 page)..made that into two little PDF's. will attach or send to webmaster for library here if requested

lickety log splitter

I just found this forum and would like to talk to somebody with a lickety splitter. I've had mine since 1971 and have used it off and on for years. I"m having some problems and would like to learn some more.

thanks in advance
Maurice

LICKITY lOG SPLITTER

Not sure how old this post is but i have a Lickity Split Log Splitter I have used for years and love it. If I can help you out at all just contact me. I also have a PDF of the manual for a model MK348 I can send you if needed. Here is the link to my you tube channel with the video of my Splitter. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDanoconnor?feature=mhum

Last edited:
I am sorry I didn't get to email out the pdf' on the splitter yet to those who asked. Been really busy the last few days.
Also on the lickity I had to replace the o rings on the piston and found out for those with this splitter it is an easy fix and the o rings are common items at any local hyrdaulic parts/repair store. The one I use is in Lindenhurst,NY. Once replaced (takes about an hour) there was a noticeable difference in overall speed and production.

I can answer most ?'s about these machines. The o-ring change is easy as broke toys said, just be mindful that you dont mar up the inner cyl . I have manuals. Family had 2 of these new. Plenty of answers if you got the patients.

lickety pressure

thanks for the comments. I have replaced the o-rings and it helped a little.
My brand new pressure gauge shows zero pressure on the stroke cycle. It appears there isn't enough pressure to activate the shift mechanism and I have to use low speed to split most anything (I move the shifter by hand).
thanks
m

thanks for the comments. I have replaced the o-rings and it helped a little.
My brand new pressure gauge shows zero pressure on the stroke cycle. It appears there isn't enough pressure to activate the shift mechanism and I have to use low speed to split most anything (I move the shifter by hand).
thanks
m

Are you sure your pump is up to snuff? also you may have a presure reg issuse. Check your linkage. mine comes loose and the griesen valve wont fully engage. best i can think of rite now. hit me up if you got ?'s. been runnin dem tings for 20 years. run mine atleast once a week.

Very nice!!!

I thouroghly enjoyed that! I have a few myself from 67'ish I belive. Never seen those before it was wild! Im still learning computers and the whole sending pics thing, but you just motavated me to post some of mine.

Looking for a manual

Not sure if you guys are still out there? I'm new to the site. My dad just had a Lickity log splitter given to him and he gave it to me. Said he thought I'd appreciate not splitting by hand anymore. Told him its how the wife gets he exercise, I just supervise. Anyway, I now have a log splitter. It is a complete unit and is all there minus a spring on the speed control on the reservoir. Still has the original cast iron kohler. He told my dad that his brother had blown the hydraulic cylinder though I can see no real evidence of this. I was hoping someone has a manual for the unit I looked at the parts breakdown on webbs site but I'm looking for more of an operations manual. Something to help guide me with setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Actually found another lickity splitter and picking it up tomorrow am. Will post pics than.
And dpending on your model # I can send you the parts manual if it matches mine. Post or pm me details.

The cylinder isnt shot, the o-rings are probly dry rotted from sitting too much or the presure regulator at the back of the cyl is broke or someone messed with it. They were factory set at 1800psi, and you voided the warrenty if you touched it. If you ever want to sell it contact ME FIRST!!!! I have manuals, but I am too lazy to get off my arse to find and copy and mail them. Post some pics. Id love to see what condition its in, I can date those things by sight. Plus, If the sticker with the model number is worn off, the priority valves have a manufacure date stamped on them near the bolt hole. Im guessing you have the twin cylinder model which is the better 1 to have. They were all almost identical with the difference being in the frame length. I think the mk60 mightve had a longer cyl, but its been a while since Ive seen the brochures I have. The mk60 also had a bigger motor. Like a 10 or 12 hp.

Back