Does Anyone Own a SOLO chainsaw or Have Opinions on Them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello dboyd351 , I think your dark green craftsman solo saw (51cc) has a magnesium crankcase like the solo 651 with 3.6 hp .
Thanks Scottr,
I think you are right. After I got the 680 and saw how well it ran I kind of went on a search for other solo saws. I picked up the craftsman because it was supposed to be a roughly 50 cc solo But I never really got around to fixing it up partly because the parts are difficult to find.

So you are saying it is a rebadged 651, correct?
Parts for a 651 or a 651 donor saw should work to repair it?

It has been over 10 years since I got it and I pretty much lost track of what was going on.

Thanks Scottr,
I think you are right. After I got the 680 and saw how well it ran I kind of went on a search for other solo saws. I picked up the craftsman because it was supposed to be a roughly 50 cc solo But I never really got around to fixing it up partly because the parts are difficult to find.

So you are saying it is a rebadged 651, correct?
Parts for a 651 or a 651 donor saw should work to repair it?

It has been over 10 years since I got it and I pretty much lost track of what was going on.

Yes , I think the green craftsman 51cc 3.6 hp saw from around 2000 is a rebaged solo 651.

Have ran a few solo saws , much like Husky & Stihl they had their home owner series & the professional series saw line . I found them comparible to the top 3 saw manufacturers within quality & reliability . Unfortunately within North America their distribution & dealer support was very sketchy . Nice saws in their day !

Daj nam znać, jak Ci się podoba. Mam działającego 680, 667, który moim zdaniem jest kompletny, ale jest zdemontowany, oraz wersję Homelite 654. Mam nawet zielonego rzemieślnika, który według mnie to jakiś Solo około 50 cm3.
Ich importer z USA był bardzo blisko mnie, w Newport News w stanie Wirginia, ale kiedy próbowałem się z nimi skontaktować kilka lat temu, powiedzieli, że ich oddział zajmujący się piłami łańcuchowymi nie istnieje.
I write a solo thread about it on OPE /
The company now has the parts Al-ko.com 😎🤠

Back