Dolmar 12# ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErrolC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what model this saw is..I think its about 70cc..it seems to have about the same power as my J2077 but not as much as Dolmar133 or 144.

Its a 120, possibly a Super, or Si model, I've got one just like it I just traded for a Mall 2 man. nice saw, but not my cup of tea.

Oldsaw addict, way back when, pioneer used to etch on their saws a picture of a guy working a team of horses. Do you have one like that? It was right out of the pioneer days.

the saw could be one of two models 60cc model 116si or a 68cc 120si if you can read the sr # I cold tell you which one the saws are identical except for cylinder bore and different porting the prefix 029 = 116si the prefix 030 = 120 si I have sold hundreds of these models in the past most are still going

have fun scott

1 dolmar 143mx
1 dolmar 133 super
1 dolmar 133
1 dolmar 123
many 112,114,111,115,117,119,120,si's,supers,
and of coarse a few ps 7900's

hey cuttinscott, I bought two Sach's off ebay a while back, that need some work, don't know if and when i'll get around to them. You want them? I paid maybe $100 total..

a 111, that is in nice shape, with one broken rubber mount, but may need a piston and ring, and a light cylinder buffing. may be all the piston needs too.

Also a 123, wow that saw is quite heavy...if i recall, it looks to have more jug damage.....otherwise it looks good, and has little outside wear.

I ran a 120si yrs ago till it was stolen--a great saw! now I have a modded 7900 that is simply awesome.

Till recently I hadn't even heard of Dolmar..I knew of Sachs with their motorcycle and aero engines and knew of their good reputation for leading edge designs having come out of NSU who were 2stroke design leaders (the wankel rotory) in their day..Sachs also designed the Maico & KTM early 2strokes.

Then I was lucky in borrowing one from a friend which needed a fair bit of fixing (I only managed fixed the saw though), and like the design and build quality (seem very durable)..so I've jumped off the Husq boat (they're just getting to plastic for me)...while on the subject of quality

Has anyone..does anyone love/hate Canadian 175..I've scored one and it runs like a truck..still seems quite practical to use as well for a 62 vintage..I don't like those cold metal handles though

The only reason I dont like the Dolmar is that I have 2 other saws that are of similar displacment, and I dont need 3, much less a german saw in between 2 red ones from sweden. Its not a bad machine, just not what I wanted in a saw.

As cuttinscott says it is either a 116si or a 120Si It also could be a 120Super. All three had the round intake on the left side of the cylinder hood. The easy way to tell if it is an SI model is to look at the choke lever if it is push pull it is a 120Super, if it rotates then it is one of the SI models. Good thing about it being either a 120SI or a 116SI is that the all the parts are the same only difference is the Cylinder Piston and Rings and if you need those components you can order the 120SI assembly and it will work on the 116Si also. To find the breakdown for this model on the internet you can go to www.atlanticpowerinc.com and there is a tab for Dolmar E-Parts and the 116SI, 120SI parts list are there.

if it has an origanal gas / oil tank this is a si model the super's had a primer bulb out the left rear of the tank
scott

That is true Scott, I completely forgot about the primer bulb on the 120Super and the picture does not have a primer on it. So if this is the orginal fuel tank then it surely is a 116SI or a 120SI.

Back