Dolmar 5100 Cylinder Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okkkkkkkkkkkk its two to nothing, price matters most, next,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Now you Dolmar fans know I'm beginning to expose why you guys really like those Dolmars and its not the performance everyone notes, shames on ya, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

so,
if the corvette sold for $20,000 instead of $70,000 (unchanged) wouldn't it still be just as fast, yet sell more?

performance is great....
if you can afford it.
:deadhorse:

Stihl isn't over inflated at all, the sales prove that.

Now I'll give one last chance Fast, lets keep Dolmar up and running and help them grow the market by paying more for them so they can make a buck, your all for that aren't ya????

Guess I'm more frugal than most, who buy all the marketing hype instead of just the saw.....The Dolmars are priced right!....IMO

:notrolls2:

so,
if the corvette sold for $20,000 instead of $70,000 (unchanged) wouldn't it still be just as fast, yet sell more?

performance is great....
if you can afford it.
:deadhorse:

We're not talking thousands of dollars, just little more than a 100.00.

Back to you example though lets put it in saw terms. Stihl is the $70,000 Corvette and the Dolmar is the $20,000 Corvette yet the $70,000 Corvette outsells the $20,000 Corvette by a huge margin, why?

(I know the answer, I'll wait for yours)

Back to you example though lets put it in saw terms. Stihl is the $70,000 Corvette and the Dolmar is the $20,000 Corvette yet the $70,000 Corvette outsells the $20,000 Corvette by a huge margin, why?

the illusion of quality based on price.

i know you know the answer. you sell it (the illusion) everyday.:biggrinbounce2:

(oh, and if you could buy a vette for 20k...
people would buy them with a dealer nearby or not.)

Does Poulan sell more saws than Stihl? :dunno:

Guess I'm more frugal than most, who buy all the marketing hype instead of just the saw.....The Dolmars are priced right!....IMO

:notrolls2:

Your getting close to my point. They could do alot more marketing and grow in the market if someone would pay for their saws at competitive prices.

(cuse me Fast, Dolmar is on my cell, whats that, yeah I'm working on them, go ahead and raise the prices, lets see how much performance matters,LOL)

i know you know the answer. you sell it (the illusion) everyday.:biggrinbounce2:

You haven't answered the question though, how do those high price Stihl's outsell those lower price Dolmars. Come on you know the answer, spit it out...

Your getting close to my point. They could do alot more marketing and grow in the market if someone would pay for their saws at competitive prices.

(cuse me Fast, Dolmar is on my cell, whats that, yeah I'm working on them, go ahead and raise the prices, lets see how much performance matters,LOL)

i know you are kidding and all. if all else is equal and the dolmar outperforms the stihl then the dolmar will sell more.

Does Poulan sell more saws than Stihl? :dunno:

Nobody sells more saws than Stihl, not Poulan, not anyone. Brand for brand no one, combine all the differant brands under Husky they might, but name for name, no one.

I will tell you this, Poulans sell more Stihls than any other saw made..

Are we still on this thread? Seems like we've been here a month now. You know what would happen to dolmar if they rasied there prices with so little marketing.

Even if the prices were equal, I'd buy the Dolmar because the best saw dealer in my area sells Dolmar. I also prefer the way the Dolmars perform as compared to Stihl. :p

As far as the lower price goes....momma and dadda didn't raise no fool....the money is always better in my pocket than yours! :D

You haven't answered the question though, how do those high price Stihl's outsell those lower price Dolmars. Come on you know the answer, spit it out...

i answered your first question about the vettes.

this is a new question and there are too many reasons to list.
to that end....
so stihl is king, right? i guess no other company should even try to sell a saw any more?

That they will, for 50cc's the 5100 is a mean little saw, no question about it. I think cc for cc its the strongest 50cc out there though it only matters to a small group of buyers. Its a shame Dolmar, for whatever reason, decides to sell them so cheap. If I were Dolmar that 5100 would be priced right along with the 260Pro Stihl, around 519.00. The 7900 would be right at 889.95 just like the MS460 Stihl. I've never understood Dolmar's pricing structure at all. Why has Dolmar decided to sell for less when obviously they don't have to with the way their products perform? I don't understand it at all.

You know the old saying, " i don't know how they make them so good and sell them so cheap"

Actually i wouldn't have thought twice about paying the 519.00 or maybe a little more even for this saw, myself i have never been one to price shop and then think that i saved a couple bucks and got a better product, it's not like i buy a new saw every year anyway,i'm more concerned with performance than saving a few bucks on a saw.

i know you are kidding and all. if all else is equal and the dolmar outperforms the stihl then the dolmar will sell more.

Grrrrrrrrrr your playing dumb with me and you know it. Simple math. A 5100 is about 120.00 less than a 260PRO Stihl. Across the board Dolmar is about 100.00 to whatever less than Stihl. They (Dolmar) sold around 550,000 units last year. 550,000 times 100.00 is 55 million bucks.

Stihl spent over 50 million in advertising last year saturating the market. Dolmar could do the samething if they had that extra money they are giving away by selling for less.

Thats why they should sell right on par with Stihl. One thing is for certain, Stihl will never sell on par with Dolmar's prices becuase that would cost them their marketing advantage. Husky is wising up fast and look at their prices of late, right on par with who, Stihl. Time Dolmar done the same to compete in the market with ample money to do so...

The 310 pulls ahead because it is a bigger saw than the 5100, but you have to give the 5100 credit,they will lay right in there and cut with the big boys!!:givebeer::chainsaw:

That they will, for 50cc's the 5100 is a mean little saw, no question about it. I think cc for cc its the strongest 50cc out there though it only matters to a small group of buyers. Its a shame Dolmar, for whatever reason, decides to sell them so cheap. If I were Dolmar that 5100 would be priced right along with the 260Pro Stihl, around 519.00. The 7900 would be right at 889.95 just like the MS460 Stihl. I've never understood Dolmar's pricing structure at all. Why has Dolmar decided to sell for less when obviously they don't have to with the way their products perform? I don't understand it at all.

I was basing my comparison on the fact that they both sell for right at $400 with an 18" bar. Not comparing cc. I realize the 310 is the bigger cc saw and that's why it pulls ahead. But both can be bought for the same $$$. They both have their advantages to each other. Overall the 5100 is the nicer saw to run in the smaller wood. And if you don't mind the extra couple of seconds in the larger wood, it performs well there also.

Latest posts

Back