dolmar 5100 eval

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uwharrie said:
Thanks for everyone's support. :clap: We are an established business (since 1960) providing Quality Professional Service. However since we are living in 2006 and have a website that functions, we do provide a service that's needed. We are a new Dolmar Dealer and happy to be a part helping Dolmar grow. We do maintain a good stock level and Our goal is No Backorders. We do appreciate your business. Tony
Are the saws that you ship out serviced, pre-run on a tack? I'm concerned that one would need some adjustment and with no Dolmar dealer nearby, what would I do? Do you pay for shipping both ways if it needs to be returned to you for warranty service?

dugide said:
Are the saws that you ship out serviced, pre-run on a tack? I'm concerned that one would need some adjustment and with no Dolmar dealer nearby, what would I do? Do you pay for shipping both ways if it needs to be returned to you for warranty service?

I am just guessing but would doubt they would pay for shipping. If it was a dealer an hour away you would have to drive to drop it off and pick it up without being reimbursed for gas.

dugide said:
Are the saws that you ship out serviced, pre-run on a tack? I'm concerned that one would need some adjustment and with no Dolmar dealer nearby, what would I do?

Buy a tach and do it yourself! :popcorn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugide
Are the saws that you ship out serviced, pre-run on a tack? I'm concerned that one would need some adjustment and with no Dolmar dealer nearby, what would I do?

The saws we ship are not all started however upon request we will be happy to pre-run and service. If you do not feel comfortable about buying a Dolmar from us then buy something from your local servicing dealer. We offer a service to people wanting a Dolmar and who have no way of getting it. There are lots of choices available to you to buy X brands from, with no one to service it. We do have a service department and we are happy to help. Thanks for your questions. Tony

Not put a wrench in this. but to cover you're butt U!! Temature and humidity wil vary how the saw runs, as well as altitude, and a big difference will cause a lean out condition!!!! The main reason I push for a local dealer for newbies that don't know how to properly set up their saws!!!
OK, my public service announcment is over, back to the show.
Andy

Uwharrie said:
The bottom line is we do provide support and service after the sale. We care about our customers.

Did not mean to imply anything otherwise U!!!!:clap: :clap:
Andy

My 2 cts

I have dealt with both Cuttinscott & Uwharrie. They are both top notch. Know the product and shipped fast.
I've got two full days plus on a 5100 in small pine sawtimber, and it sure is a fun saw to run. Just got a new tach today so I can dial it in tomorrow.
My old soldered up tach used to work fine untill I stuck it up to that thing. Now it reads crazy and flashes PLEASE STOP.:biggrinbounce2:
I richened it up past the factory setting even before opening up the muffler because it sounded unreal high.
70+ cc saws is all I have ran for the most part other than my 36ccJD Efco so I didnt know what to expect. 18" bar 3/8 Oregon LG sq. gr. on a Silvey RS. Limbing and bucking it feels as fast as my 7900. The diagonal cut on the stump is noticably slower, but that is to be expected. My biggest pine with it so far was 22" on the stump.
The weight diff is what I like. Seems like a toy until you use it. Now I see that I can use this saw for about 60% of my work. Dogs that are just a hair longer would be nice, I was eyeballing some old O44 Stihl factory dogs and they are the same length, but would need the lower bolt hole repositioned. Hmmm.

I got It!

94TahoeLT said:
I'm picking up my new 5100S in the morning.

Got mine today from Uwharrie:clap: Won't be able to try it until Monday:cry: , Going on a mini vacation this weekend to the Delaware Water Gap.

Uwharrie said:
Dolmar PS-5100S is the fastest chainsaw in the 4 hp range and it's less weight. If a pound doesn't mean anything just buy the Husqvarna and pay more for less horsepower and a heavier saw. If you buy a Dolmar from a Dealer he will be the one to give you service and repair under warranty. Our Store does service everything we sell even what we sell online. We do have a great service Dept. that can make owning a Dolmar a great experience. Our only concern as of today is making sure we can have enough supply. We have increased our order quantities to hopefully be ready for the PS-5100S sales. I also sell the Husqvarna 359 and it's a good saw but it's no match for the 5100. If we can help just let us know. Tony
hello am in NC also and very interested in the Domar 5100 i'm in ashe

Say what???

twstm said:
Got mine today from Uwharrie:clap: Won't be able to try it until Monday:cry: , Going on a mini vacation this weekend to the Delaware Water Gap.
You go on vacation and don't take the saws?

Back