Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of - you can of course not bore it all the way around.

Boring a venturi isn't quite the ideal way to get more flow. Just using a larger carb is a much better option.

As the ratio between the throttle plate and the venturi decreases, the low pressure signal at the fuel metering nozzle also decreases. Then the drill pattern in the carb needs to be altered to get the unit to supply fuel at the rate the engine needs. All this can become very time consuming.....

Let's recap the topic......

I said that I would rather not port a Dolmar 5100 nor a 562XP.

The Dolmar 5100 is a saw that I think of as a pile of ****. Tannerite would be wasted on that junk. I don't want them on my property. :laugh:

The 562XP is a great saw, but it seems that since Husky went to the EL-46 carb that I've gotten too many with hesitation issues to keep doing them. :cry:

It may well be that I'm just a dumbass that can't handle the awesomeness of these two machines......time will tell. :buttkick:

Two things these saws have in common? Zama carbs. :chainsaw:

Does fussing with the idle bypass screw on the 562 help any on the hesitation issues? Or does the 562 have one?

SOOOOO Randy, Can we restart the assembly line at Husqvarna now? Are you back in the 562xp business? Inquiring minds want to know?

Just to get my head around this issue. As I understand it, the fix is a new carb with a different throttle plate - is that right?

From looking at Moody's video, the nipping of the throttle plate to allow more air at idle essentially duplicates the new throttle plate - is that right?

Guys, I don't have a 562 carb to examine and all this discussion hasn't cleared things up for me as to what the problem is in the carb.

What I do have is an old C1M that I have just removed the welsh plugs from to trace out the various conduits. It appears to have the idle and transition circuit limited by a jet. On a conventional carb, you could just drill out the jet one size larger to increase the flow of the low speed circuit. Then screw in the idle mixture screw to lean the idle back out and have more flow when the plate clears the transition holes.

However, I understand that the 562 carb doesn't have an idle mixture adjustment. So it looks like you would have to extensively rework the throttle plate. Perhaps fill in partially (solder bead along the cutaway) the cutaway in front of the idle hole and then open up the hole on the opposite side of the plate. What a hassle...

Perhaps the problem has been fixed and I missed it (I was overseas for a couple of weeks).

That won't work ST. You will blow up the cone and kill the flow. Learned that first hand thirty years ago.

You guys are drivng home my point on Zama carbs. 50/50 shot at good one. What happened to their quality control?

Zama now owned by steal,,what you expect for quality.. ???

That's a joke, right?

I gather from your reply that it didn't fix the problem. If so, I can see why as the total flow through the low speed circuit is determined by the jet. It is not like some other carbs where the low speed adjustment needle changes the flow for the entire circuit and clipping the opposite side of the plate is a good option to lean the idle (while keeping the additional flow through the transition holes).

I'm wondering if the conventional C1M carb off the early 575 might be a good swap. It has a 13.5mm venturi.

I gather from your reply that it didn't fix the problem. quote]

Just to get my head around this issue. As I understand it, the fix is a new carb with a different throttle plate - is that right?

From looking at Moody's video, the nipping of the throttle plate to allow more air at idle essentially duplicates the new throttle plate - is that right?

That was not Moody's video. If you take another closer look, you will notice its Mweba's video.

SPECULATION ALERT!!!!!!! I think the real fix is waiting field testing for confirmation that it is a solid fix, and/or patenting by the R&D team so It can be sold back to mother Electrolux or held in ransom for a truckload of 51.4mm 372 top ends and wrap handles.

At this moment, my recommendation if you have a hesitation issue with the EL44, follow Moody's video. Adjust the pop off and mod the butterfly as needed. If you are having any issues and the saw has the EL46,replace it with the El44 using the current up to date computer that was on the EL46. Then adjust per the video as needed.

The Free Masons are currently testing a fix for the EL46. As soon as I figure out their secret hand shake another MO video production can begin.

That's mweba's video. I stated that when I posted it. No big deal but I'm not taking credit for Mitch's work

Latest posts

Back