Dolmar 5100 Husqvarna 562XP On the NO PORT LIST

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between the 5105 and the 5100? Is the 5105 anymore "port-able" then the 5100 or do they share the same restricted carb/intake track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the difference between the 5105 and the 5100? Is the 5105 anymore "port-able" then the 5100 or do they share the same restricted carb/intake track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that it's so restrictive.

Let me put it another way. I've got several 5100s that won't run. If they run, they won't idle, if they idle they won't take fuel well. In the last few months I've been thru 5 or 6 carbs, (some of those brand new) trying to get a couple of good ones. I've spent over 200.00 on carbs. Out of all those carbs I was able to use one. If you have a good running 5100, then hope it stays that way. If something goes sideways with the carb, a new one might not even be worth using out of the box.

I'm talking about stock saws here.....

Let me put it another way. I've got several 5100s that won't run. If they run, they won't idle, if they idle they won't take fuel well. In the last few months I've been thru 5 or 6 carbs, (some of those brand new) trying to get a couple of good ones. I've spent over 200.00 on carbs. Out of all those carbs I was able to use one. If you have a good running 5100, then hope it stays that way. If something goes sideways with the carb, a new one might not even be worth using out of the box.

Do you want the carb and intake parts off my 5105 carcass? They might be worth a shot...

It can work quite well, if you know exactly what to do (and what not to), and know the limitations - but I can well understand that it is not economical to do it in a commercial setting.

I do not agree with you AT ALL. Off center boring creates more problems than it cures. The fuel is not distributed evenly. It does make much more difference in a 4cycle than a 2cycle. Never seen one right just right and not have a flat spot in the curve somewhere. Besides they are lazy and usually to lean on the top end during long WOT runs. Will agree to disagree.

what wood you take for those junk 5100 carbs?

I do not agree with you AT ALL. Off center boring creates more problems than it cures. The fuel is not distributed evenly. It does make much more difference in a 4cycle than a 2cycle. Never seen one right just right and not have a flat spot in the curve somewhere. Besides they are lazy and usually to lean on the top end during long WOT runs. Will agree to disagree.

Your problem really.

the only difference on a 5105 I thought was the cat muffler, I stand to be corrected,

There are a lot more, some for the good (slightly better top end cooling), and some not. The "not" part dominates, as it looks to me.

Anyway, this is off topic in this thread. ;)

I'm tickled that there are a few guys that like those saws.......I'm just not one of them. Maybe if I had lots of time to fiddle with one I'd have more interest.

Back