Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so happy with a 5100 I bought new, though about the same time. Once warmed up, it won't adjust down off the limit of 14.5k (am guessing it has an air leak). I have given up on it and don't run it anymore.

Sure wish I hadn't bought it (insert money flushing icon here).....Oh well....

That’s too bad. Mine 5100 runs strong at 14.2K and has never given me a lick of trouble. It is about one year old and has been used hard on a tree crew and cut probably around 50+ full cords of fire wood. It is my goto saw for just about anything under 16”. The only problem I had with it was its tendency to throw chains while limbing. That was solved with a husky bar. Great saw at a fantastic price. I would buy another without reservations

5100s

The shop set my 5100 up at 14.2. Right now, it's running strong and smooth, but I don't know about the long haul because it has only had about 8 tanks of fuel through it. If it blows up I guess that will give me an excuse to get another 7900. 2 lbs. heavier, 2.4 horses stronger or there abouts anyway.

Well on the way to CAD.

Back