dolmar big bore kit purchased from watsonr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some noodling on some american elm rounds and cut some hedge and noodled some of the bigger pieces. Ran about a tank and a half thru it. I can't tell a difference between it and the maktita 7901 I have.:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin: I think it is a very Nice running saw. I would do this again. I realize 11/2 tanks isn't much. I did not baby it. ran it just like I would have the 7901. It also has good torgue. I had it tuned at 13100 according to the fast tack. Any faster the tach went goofie off the limiter.

Glad your happy!

Great job, glad to hear it runs strong. I am still looking for a 6400 that needs a jug. My 7900 runs great, don't want to switch it unless I have to. 2 saws are better than 1!!!

If that kit equals the OEM I will be happy!!!

I need a vid quite a few 6400s on CL around here snd I need a saw that'll pull a 32 on ocassion:hmm3grin2orange:

That kits looks like plug and play to me. It also looks like port and rip! Had a nice long convo with Randy today on the phone. Well worth my time and we will be doing some business both ways in the future. He supplies the parts and hopefully I can take care of whatever he needs.

That kits looks like plug and play to me. It also looks like port and rip! Had a nice long convo with Randy today on the phone. Well worth my time and we will be doing some business both ways in the future. He supplies the parts and hopefully I can take care of whatever he needs.

Nice speaking with you as well, look forward to more convo my friend.:msp_thumbup:

Great job, glad to hear it runs strong. I am still looking for a 6400 that needs a jug. My 7900 runs great, don't want to switch it unless I have to. 2 saws are better than 1!!!

If that kit equals the OEM I will be happy!!!

No timed cuts but it feels just as strong if not more than my 7901.:rock::rock: i put a 8 pin on it sunday and did some noodling on some big hedge full bar buryed 24" dug in the dogs could not stall it.

Definately a plug and play.:clap::clap:

Randy, I got around to installing the new kit. Very nice. Install was quick and easy. I reused the original clips. I would have used the kit clips but thought the originals were slightly better. Thanks for the good deal. rick aka deereguy

Kit looks great and I will take care of it, just trying to be funny. I will pay close attention to the install and the clips. Find out today if my friend got the blown 7300 for me.

Back