dolmar big bore kit purchased from watsonr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be good to go but a couple picts taken of the intake and exhaust ports from the side looking through to the bore would be nice to see. There looks to be a good if not overdone bevel around the ports.

It might be good to go but a couple picts taken of the intake and exhaust ports from the side looking through to the bore would be nice to see. There looks to be a good if not overdone bevel around the ports.

Ya I realized that. as the camera died. will get those asap.

Overall every thing looks good. I helpded wood docter put a big bore on his 6401. I don't remember where he got it. This looks very comparable. he says it is a very nice saw. I have not ran it. I think some guys ran it in Iowa last fall.

Is the camera's "Macro" setting on?

"macro setting" on the camera will allow you to take clearer, close up pictures.

WKEND, what brand/model of camera do you have? (I'll look up your user manual and check it out) Does it have auto focus? It appears to be focusing on something other than what you want a pic of. Like stated, if it has a macro function (close up) that really help with taking pics of this stuff.

They look good. How about the clips?

The circlips that came with the kit are shaped like a C If I remember right the ones on the 6400 where similar but what I refer to as a eclip.

they seem very conservative, and they are much smoother than they look in the pictures, I knocked the "blue dust" out of them with a Q tip after I shot the pictures. A person could very well use it exactly as it came from the factory and probably get pretty good results. There is a lot of cylinder area for the rings to ride on, I suspect they will last a good long time. I have a Dolmar 7900 that runs like new, I need to find one that needs a little help. Of course since I have a couple dremmels and I don't have a saw to put this on at the moment, it will probably get polished up a bit and most likely case matched to the saw when I find one.:popcorn::popcorn:

I would have to agree it is a very nice kit but I have not seen a new oem. Headed to the operating room here in a little bit to do a heart transplant.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well I have one together. The squish with gasket was 38ths. Without it was 19ths. No gasket Exhaust opens at 101 ATDC, Transfers open at 130 ATDC, Intake opens at 105 ABDC. Going to try to run it some tomorrow. Leaving muffler alone for now.

Did some noodling on some american elm rounds and cut some hedge and noodled some of the bigger pieces. Ran about a tank and a half thru it. I can't tell a difference between it and the maktita 7901 I have.:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin: I think it is a very Nice running saw. I would do this again. I realize 11/2 tanks isn't much. I did not baby it. ran it just like I would have the 7901. It also has good torgue. I had it tuned at 13100 according to the fast tack. Any faster the tach went goofie off the limiter.

Latest posts

Back