Dolmar Distribution

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because all the 109's, 110's, 111's 115's and 540's that I have sold since the start have always used .058" and the new series uses the same bar mount so why not keep them the same

scott

Scott,

All the Huskies used to go out with .058 also, but you`ve got to consider that even Stihl is now outfitting the saws with 3/8 pitch with .050 gauge, so a standard is finally being developed.

Every time someone comes in for a new bar, set them up with .050. How many guys who get a new bar have a stockpile of good .058 chain? After a few years you won`t need to stock anything but .050 gauge chain, won`t that be better?

Russ

Waiting on bars is what I was told. They are coming with Oregon bars and rather then ship them to Germany to put them with the saws they are shipping the saws over and putting the bars in the box. Oregon could possibly have a burr that is holding the things up. And if you need decompression you probably ain't man enough to run it once you get it started.

Marco HAHAHAHA man enough lol
tell that to my customers that still want to cut wood for themselves I guess you havent meant my recoil arm ask dolmar tech mgr he knows me lol

Marco said:
Waiting on bars is what I was told.
Yeah, I`ve heard that before. Dolmar was saying the same thing last year, that`s why there were so many PHO 7900s around
Marco said:
They are coming with Oregon bars and rather then ship them to Germany to put them with the saws they are shipping the saws over and putting the bars in the box. Oregon could possibly have a burr that is holding the things up.
Sure, Oregon can`t make enough bars to fill the demand for Dolmars!

:laugh:

Heard any other good ones lately? How about the one where there are thousands of 5100s sitting on US soil waiting for EPA approval before being released to the dealers. I`ve been hearing that one since early this year. It`s not like the EPA standards for emissions aren`t clear and a certified lab couldn`t do an exhaust gas analysis in about two minutes. :rolleyes:

Sorry to pick on you Marco by quoting you, it`s nothing personal, you are simply the messenger. It`s just that this whole Dolmar realignment and the subsequent release of the 5100s is turning into a bad joke. It`s a crying shame, I think they were right on the cusp of big time market recognition after the release of the 7900 and the 5100 could have been the other half of the 1-2 punch. Timing is often everything.

Russ

I have found that it is not the effort to start a chainsaw that size as much as the speed of the pull. I've seen older people not be able to start a newer 2CU saw and be able to start a fairly tight 041 Farmboss. I believe it has to do with the way the ignitions are set up on them to avoid starter rope kickback, the Farmboss will bite you but you don't have to crank it over much faster then an old John Deere.

Newsflash

Alright, maybe Dolmar is going to make me eat some crow for picking on their prior distribution problems. :laugh: I have it on good authority that the 5100s will be rolled out at the Louisville Outdoor Power Equipment Expo which runs October 14-16,2005. Here is a link to the showLouisville Expo .

Russ

and Oregon does make bars for other companies too not just Dolmar. Would be nice if they would ship me my powerheads and I bet I could order a bar to fit them. On the other hand it does stretch out my floor planning.

Well they are going somewhere and I haven't seen a Stihl shortage.
The first week Magneto Power was official I ordered a cylinder cover, air filter cover and a air filter for a 133 Super, they had it IN STOCK and shipped it to me pronto. The Meyer boys told me it was obsolete a month earlier. The first two parts are something that I wouldn't think would need replacement normally and they had them. So this makes me think things are looking better then before. I got into Poulan Pro when the 655 was still available and the line kept shrinking until all that is left for a big saw is the 295 (330's are being phased out I hear) with no effort made to replace them with something new. So at least somebody is trying. And when I see a blue one in a box store at least they retail for more then what the dealer cost is on a orange one.

.050 gauge was asked for by or new distribution as well as Oregon asking us to switch. We are trying to make everyone happy, but everyone knows that making everyone happy is bull.

The PS-5100's were NEVER sitting on US soil waiting an EPA approval. Not sure where that one came from. We did however have to wait to have them shipped in until the muffler was approved by San Dimas for the US market place. And as Joker said the launch of the saw will be Louisville at the Expo. Better gets the orders in quick, I think we are going to be overwhelmed when the users get this saw in there hands and sales will exceed all expections. These are my thoughts personally.

I got my order in. I am am just worried the snow is going to be a$$ deep to a six foot tall Native American before I see them and nobody is going to want one because the snow will be to deep.

Latest posts

Back