Don't carry saws in loader bucket: lucky only homeowner Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlarge54

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My next project will be a saw rack or box for saws on the tractor. Burning stump piles today and was a little tired, had my Husky 345 in the bucket moving to a different pile and decided to back drag a little dirt. Ooops broke the handle and brake. Lucky the ground was soft so damage wasn't horrible. Might have a teensy crack in gas tank.

I've always liked that little saw. Lately I've just been using it with my worst bar and chain for working in nasty spots so not much is lost. It'll just be a little uglier than before.

So, if you carry saws in your bucket beware-----someday you might regret it.

Have backed over several saws that were "supposed to have been" OUT OF THE WAY w/ the skid steer. I move the machine w/ the saws on my lap now.

Yeah I did the same with a wheel loader, wound her up going down a big hill and then hit a bump... luckily the 440 didn't bounce out of the big bucket or it would have been rather flat :msp_scared:

So that was the last time...

I've thought about doing that and I'm now I'm glad I never did. I put my saw in the cab with me. I takes up alot of room and I've been trying to figure out a better way to carry them around.

Built this out of some pressure treated plywood.
It's been on the tractor for 5 years now and has held up good.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Nice job JWALKER on the saw holder!
I wish I had that when I was quickly going down a bumpy hill when my 288 flew out of the bucket :msp_scared: I slammed on the brakes (so I wouldn't run it over) and ended locking the rear wheels precisely on top of my formerly nice 288 and skidded 8 feet to a stop on top of it. :bang:

Built this out of some pressure treated plywood.
It's been on the tractor for 5 years now and has held up good.

DSC_0008-2.jpg

Clearly only someone with printing experience could come up with that much brilliance. :rock:

Uh oh, hey wait - where's the clutch pedal? Don't tell me you went with one of those bologna-tech tractors with a hydrostatic transmission?!

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
you are not alone ............

My next project will be a saw rack or box for saws on the tractor. Burning stump piles today and was a little tired, had my Husky 345 in the bucket moving to a different pile and decided to back drag a little dirt. Ooops broke the handle and brake. Lucky the ground was soft so damage wasn't horrible. Might have a teensy crack in gas tank.

I've always liked that little saw. Lately I've just been using it with my worst bar and chain for working in nasty spots so not much is lost. It'll just be a little uglier than before.

So, if you carry saws in your bucket beware-----someday you might regret it.
Did almost the same thing ,cutting a fenceline ,while stretching barbed wire. My buddy jumped into the truck to move it and I had sat my ms250 on the ground beside the door. You guessed it ,instead of driving straight ahead like we had done ALL DAY LONG. He turns the wheel left and backs up,over my saw.:msp_scared::bang::bang::rant::rant::rant::rant: I just had to go out and find a few to replace it.

Latest posts

Back