Looking for advice on a saw...Keep my 365 or go to 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 562 and it pulls a 24” bar full skip with no problem. I think it would be fine with a 28” skip. That being said, why wouldn’t the 365 you have do the same?

A 390 would be worth looking at if you get into big stuff often. I run one at work with 28 & 32” setups and it’s one hell of a saw.

I love my 562 and it pulls a 24” bar full skip with no problem. I think it would be fine with a 28” skip. That being said, why wouldn’t the 365 you have do the same?

A 390 would be worth looking at if you get into big stuff often. I run one at work with 28 & 32” setups and it’s one hell of a saw.

I REALLY want a 390. But don’t really “need” it. I may just get one to have before the saw manufacturers go full EPA and do some REAL stupid sh!t to saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 28" bar on the 365 now, it does well, I was just wondering if the 562 was worth looking at being it's a lighter saw but still capable (on paper) to pull the 28". I'm thinking most of the time the 365 will have a 24" on it , exception being "delivery day" or anymore of the trees in the yard committing seppuku.

I REALLY want a 390. But don’t really “need” it. I may just get one to have before the saw manufacturers go full EPA and do some REAL stupid sh!t to saws.

Starting to get that same feeling about the 390/395...." but honey, the other saw is in the shop for a while"..

Starting to get that same feeling about the 390/395...." but honey, the other saw is in the shop for a while"..

Yup,

My wife if always fine with me buy bulk ammo and or truck stuff but for some reason seh is not fond of me buying a basically $1000 saw. [emoji848]

I would spend the money and get the 365 ported by a good reputable builder here or on O P E Fourm and cut all you want with a 28 or 32" bar. The cost of the port job the bar and chain will still be half that of a new saw. Then when you put a 24" on it you have a grin you cant get rid of.

I have the 28" bar on the 365 now, it does well, I was just wondering if the 562 was worth looking at being it's a lighter saw but still capable (on paper) to pull the 28". I'm thinking most of the time the 365 will have a 24" on it , exception being "delivery day" or anymore of the trees in the yard committing seppuku.

Just to throw a wrench in the thinking here it’s not uncommon to see a 32 on a 562 or a 372 out here on the west coast.
11a6df6ad695459908c918315a0b08bc.jpg

I use mine a decent amount when I’m falling depending on my back and ground, for comfort there’s no comparison between a 372 or a 562 the newer series is smoother all day.

Just to throw a wrench in the thinking here it’s not uncommon to see a 32 on a 562 or a 372 out here on the west coast.
11a6df6ad695459908c918315a0b08bc.jpg

I use mine a decent amount when I’m falling depending on my back and ground, for comfort there’s no comparison between a 372 or a 562 the newer series is smoother all day.

Big wood needs big bar love it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My advice would be to get one of the Jred 2166 before they are gone as it is very little heavier than a 362xp and will beat it everyway.
They are the same saw.
You sure about that?
Pretty sure it's a 365xt
Yup, you are right. I was definitely thinking 365xt. The 362 uses a husky small mount bar but closely resembles an OE 365 open port version. The 2166 is a 365xt in red.

I’d go with a 385xp this saw will eat up your big diameter wood, 28” to 32” skip tooth chain. She kick the smaller saws azz. Go with big power heads you can always adjust your bar length.
If you don’t go big cc now you will go bigger cc down the road. So buy it once and forget about it.

Back in ‘83 I bought two new husky saws at $1200 and the misses wasn’t happy. But when the recession hit and the firewood $$ was coming in and the recession lasted three years she said nothing.

I say turn the 365 into a 372. I love mine.

I got both a real 372 and a 365 converted. The 372 pulled a little better than the 365 until I had Carl Miller do both of them up. now both are sorting 372P&C's and I can't tell the difference.

Back