Door knocking -Soliciting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming out

I was leaving fo work when I realized that I had to pee! Had to wake wifey to let me in.
Jeff :)

I locked myself out-ha!

Jeff, I knew you were a closeted door knocker. I still have a house full of kids so I still knock before I go to the bathroom ... there now I'm out of the closet as well :cheers:

Door knocking -Soliciting Reload this Page

Door Knocking is Nothing but a One Type Of Marketing.It is One Of-the Best Way To sale a particular Product.By Doing This,People Come To Know About Your Product and Quality Of A Product.If Your Product is Extra Ordinary Then The Other.

To the guy who says he's been in business for 20 years and ain't never had to go knockin' on doors......B.S.!!! Unless you had your business handed down from Daddy, or bought it from someone else who put in their blood, sweat & tears, Everyone has had to knock at one time or another. No business just starts up with customers lined up at the door. It might just be that those guys out their knockin' on doors Are getting customers, and it's eating into your bottom line, and that's why you are so quick to criticize and insult. Everyone has gotta start somewhere, this IS still AMERICA!!!

To the guy who says he's been in business for 20 years and ain't never had to go knockin' on doors......B.S.!!! Unless you had your business handed down from Daddy, or bought it from someone else who put in their blood, sweat & tears, Everyone has had to knock at one time or another. No business just starts up with customers lined up at the door. It might just be that those guys out their knockin' on doors Are getting customers, and it's eating into your bottom line, and that's why you are so quick to criticize and insult. Everyone has gotta start somewhere, this IS still AMERICA!!!

Ha! You may be a little ignorant or something else. You don't knock on doors when you participate on a bid invite. Big difference between marketing and begging for work. Got your sign ready?
Jeff :)

I grew up in the country no door knockers. My job sent me to the city. I was bothered almost everyday with services I didn't want.

I moved back to an area where everyone owns 2 to 10 acres. I have been bothered by several knockers selling meat to grinding stumps.

I was home when one guy said he would grind every stump in my front yard for $330, he counted 10 stumps. I told him get the grinder and make it happen. He didn't have the grinder with him at the time. After a quick walk thu with me counting yielded over 30 stumps, he quickly changed his price.

If you are going door to door with a I'm hungry price, don't try to scam people thinking they don't know what they have and then charging them more.

Ha! You may be a little ignorant or something else. You don't knock on doors when you participate on a bid invite. Big difference between marketing and begging for work. Got your sign ready?
Jeff :)[/QUOTE

Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit. I saw nothing about a bid invite,so in that case, I agree no knockers. But to assume that door knockers in general do not provide quality services or that they are not a "good reputable tree company" is not always the case. Sometimes business slows to the point where you either do all you can to keep your crew working or they go hungry. My guys work to hard for me to let them down without trying all options. So, when all else fails.........Knock Knock!

Hoefully they know what league they're in when attempting the ass kicking.

Sad...
If a person can't speak clearly, and confident, with education...
if they look like a bum or a dopehead, carry themselves like a crook or hack, then maybe they should not sell door to door.
(Hide behind a sign or phone call)
I have had 5 different yellow page ads some years ago....I only got 2 calls which only 1 job I got for the whole year from posting in 5 books. It would be dumb to try to advertise that way again in the same areas.
I have not used signs for well over a year.
I have done door to door 3 different days, over a 16 month period.
Turn out> we get 4 out of 5 jobs solicited....
we don't work for beer, (we don't drink) then one job leads to another.(word of mouth)
The ones that cry that it's shamefull to door knock, I could probably buy and sell them and their equipment many times over.
I am a certified arborist, insured, experienced, equipped.

They meet me, they like me, they trust me, they hire me.
We are good at what we do, the hacks can't compete.

:)

Glad I don't live in your neighborhoods.. HAHAHA!! upperclass?!?!?
Sounds like a joke... maybe the ghetto would give results as described, not upperclass.
I have never been thrown out or disrespected by a homeowner... ever!
over 250k for the tree service alone so far this year.... go figure.
Maybe the guys that get these results look and sound like common uneducated, dopehead, maggots.
there are several celebs that I do tree work for regularly, they're always happy to see me :)

Door to Door also works well for my roofing company...
yes mckee I also own a construction company and a roofing company.
including several homes built for a few nascar drivers.... fairly high profile jobs, multi million dollar homes.

ArborSmith I hear you Sir. I understand and appreciate your perspective Sir. This could be like a debate with a rock, then again maybe there are certain areas that really treat people like crooks.... we all are a product of our environment.
We only know what we have been exposed to.
It is a cruel world no doubt.
I hope those nay sayers are just feeding their egos rather than having people treat them like criminals.
:) :)

treevet... you've added words to my post?
"all the time"? or "3 days over a 16 month period"?
none the less, it is what it is.
As I posted earlier, some are better off hiding behind a sign or phone... similar to the internet tough guy. :)
mckeetree... I don't blame you for not doing door to door sales. Maybe you are one of those guys that would get a beatdown on someones front step. :O
I know it could be bad for you to come to my house and speak.
-OR-

From what I gather(?), it would be smart for anyone as friendly as you, and talks as well as you do, to retire from doing sales and teach others how to make a wonderful living from paid printing or magic markers?

Although I'm not a crackhead, I do know that they have big problems with being paranoid, and facing the public.
ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING CRACK?!?

chipperscompany I'm sure you can see the brilliant posts by dumba$$e$.
hopefully these posts will help answer your question in an indirect, stupid kind of way atleast.
Only as a basic guide, I see newer members with lots of posts as bigmouth, ego, fools.
I don't care for the drama and haters. Hopefully more people will chime in with "real" answers for you.
:) :) :)

I meant every word of it.... it is what it is

yeah, a little.. thanks for asking.
almost bothers me to know that people get bashed for trying, and even called hacks or low lifes.
Most of the bashers probably don't know what it's like to have to work to survive, and take care of their family.
Some of us had to start wiping our own butts at some point.

It is a regional thing, boo. We all come from all over and it is different depending where you live. Personally, I don't believe in door knocking, but that's me. I also don't live in your market.
Hey, start posting more!
Jeff :cheers:

It is a regional thing, boo. We all come from all over and it is different depending where you live. Personally, I don't believe in door knocking, but that's me. I also don't live in your market.
Hey, start posting more!
Jeff :cheers:

Hey, if you think I would ever go door knocking in Southern California you are off your rocker!!!

OK, you are joking right? The door knocker's in Cali are hacks. You are not a hack. Did you read me wrong? :D
Jeff

No, I just know what the streets look like in socal... I've lived in some pretty tough towns but Calli is just a crazy place... Door knock there if you want to... You might end up with your head in a freezer...

Boo is an advertisement for legislation against inbreeding. Gets cold up thar in them ther hills don't it?:laugh:

One of our outspoken members here is employed by a mid sized tree service here in MA that has a warning on their website on "door knocker con artists". I also use to employ a guy who started door knocking on his own, and got enough jobs that he thought he could start his own "tree company". Didn't work out to well for him.

Latest posts

Back