Door knocking -Soliciting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
door to door salesman great pay*** (surrounding phila area)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-03, 11:40AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are a local Reliable Tree service and need a reliable salesman to get some more work in the areas we are working in. Willing to train . All Materials needed will be provided. You will earn 10% of each job you bring in please email me and I will set up a phone interview. You must have own transportation.This is a great position for a person who is outgoing and honest. you have the potential to make as much or a little as you need. The more you knock on doors the more people you meet and the more money you make. We Pride ourselves on Great Customer Service , Excellent Workmanship and Always leave the client and Neighbors Happy to have us in there area. We have a large base of Repeat clients. Please only Serious Inquires

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
•Compensation: 10% of each job you bring in

PostingID: 2244780964

They say they provide training. I guess that means they teach you how to run away , dodge bullets and be able to talk yerself out of whatever the cops are going to do to you. Oh and the name of the company is obviously Reliable Tree, they let that slip out by accident.

haha go try cold calls knocking doors with no appointment at the mansions on the estates in the Main Line in Philly.

One word comes to mind....Doberman

haha go try cold calls knocking doors with no appointment at the mansions on the estates in the Main Line in Philly.

Sounds like experience.
Remember, if you look like a drunk or junkie, or if you have no more education in the trade than your local homeowner, do not solicit door to door.
If you live in an area where the crime is so high that laws have been passed to keep you away from people's property, it's probably not worth soliciting in the first place. :)
Hide behind a sign, or paid advertising... this way potential clients don't have to see who you really are.

Also if you are a moron and cannot get any work because you just plain aren't that smart, are incompetent at this profession or have an offensive personality, appearance, or body odor etc..... and you don't get recommended by ANYONE.....

perhaps your best option is to interrupt people's lives without an appointment and annoy them into answering a door and trick a senior citizen into thinking you know what you are doing. Then you can do part of the job half ascs, tell the old lady you need money for baby's milk and if she pays you in full, you will promise to be back early tomorrow.

Then when tomorrow am (likely mid day after a hangover causes a sleep- in from hating yourself) comes....you forget about the rest of the job and go to another town while the old bag and the cops try to locate your gypsy ascs.

:poop: this is the only evidence they find to go on as you are not insured, certified, licensed and she, being old, could not remember what kinda 70's rust bucket you squeeled out with after getting the $.

Jeff's right, its regional. Talked to more than a few co's from Minisoda that all said if you dont door knock up there, you dont work. Gave one of em' a week of climbing last summer while there guy was on vacation, one of the only co's around that actullaly worked everyday. It works, just depends on how you feel about it I guess. I personally havent done it since high school. Makes me feel like a scum bum.

It is not just regional, it is how you market. I am bias'ed because we don't do residential work. Most of our job's require a cert. CA, and more recently a TCIA Accredited only get to bid. So, yeah, regional is a good way of saying it, I guess.
Jeff :msp_smile:

Also if you are a moron and cannot get any work because you just plain aren't that smart, are incompetent at this profession or have an offensive personality, appearance, or body odor etc..... and you don't get recommended by ANYONE.....

perhaps your best option is to interrupt people's lives without an appointment and annoy them into answering a door and trick a senior citizen into thinking you know what you are doing. Then you can do part of the job half ascs, tell the old lady you need money for baby's milk and if she pays you in full, you will promise to be back early tomorrow.

Then when tomorrow am (likely mid day after a hangover causes a sleep- in from hating yourself) comes....you forget about the rest of the job and go to another town while the old bag and the cops try to locate your gypsy ascs.

:poop: this is the only evidence they find to go on as you are not insured, certified, licensed and she, being old, could not remember what kinda 70's rust bucket you squeeled out with after getting the $.

Easy TV... You have already admitted to door knocking once upon a time yourself...

Regional is a good answer... You're not likely to get a job In Jeffy's Beverly Hills but then again they are not going to get the same price... We have large companies from out of state hiring people to canvas neighborhoods and put out door hangers here... They wouldn't be doing it if it didn't work...

YouTube - ‪Can't you hear me knocking- rolling stones‬‏

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
Hoefully they know what league they're in when attempting the ass kicking.

Sad...
If a person can't speak clearly, and confident, with education...
if they look like a bum or a dopehead, carry themselves like a crook or hack, then maybe they should not sell door to door.
(Hide behind a sign or phone call)
I have had 5 different yellow page ads some years ago....I only got 2 calls which only 1 job I got for the whole year from posting in 5 books. It would be dumb to try to advertise that way again in the same areas.
I have not used signs for well over a year.
I have done door to door 3 different days, over a 16 month period.
Turn out> we get 4 out of 5 jobs solicited....
we don't work for beer, (we don't drink) then one job leads to another.(word of mouth)
The ones that cry that it's shamefull to door knock, I could probably buy and sell them and their equipment many times over.
I am a certified arborist, insured, experienced, equipped.

They meet me, they like me, they trust me, they hire me.
We are good at what we do, the hacks can't compete.

Glad I don't live in your neighborhoods.. HAHAHA!! upperclass?!?!?
Sounds like a joke... maybe the ghetto would give results as described, not upperclass.
I have never been thrown out or disrespected by a homeowner... ever!
over 250k for the tree service alone so far this year.... go figure.
Maybe the guys that get these results look and sound like common uneducated, dopehead, maggots.
there are several celebs that I do tree work for regularly, they're always happy to see me

Door to Door also works well for my roofing company...
yes mckee I also own a construction company and a roofing company.
including several homes built for a few nascar drivers.... fairly high profile jobs, multi million dollar homes.

ArborSmith I hear you Sir. I understand and appreciate your perspective Sir. This could be like a debate with a rock, then again maybe there are certain areas that really treat people like crooks.... we all are a product of our environment.
We only know what we have been exposed to.
It is a cruel world no doubt.
I hope those nay sayers are just feeding their egos rather than having people treat them like criminals.

treevet... you've added words to my post?
"all the time"? or "3 days over a 16 month period"?
none the less, it is what it is.
As I posted earlier, some are better off hiding behind a sign or phone... similar to the internet tough guy.
mckeetree... I don't blame you for not doing door to door sales. Maybe you are one of those guys that would get a beatdown on someones front step. :O
I know it could be bad for you to come to my house and speak.
-OR-

From what I gather(?), it would be smart for anyone as friendly as you, and talks as well as you do, to retire from doing sales and teach others how to make a wonderful living from paid printing or magic markers?

Although I'm not a crackhead, I do know that they have big problems with being paranoid, and facing the public.
ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING CRACK?!?

chipperscompany I'm sure you can see the brilliant posts by dumba$$e$.
hopefully these posts will help answer your question in an indirect, stupid kind of way atleast.
Only as a basic guide, I see newer members with lots of posts as bigmouth, ego, fools.
I don't care for the drama and haters. Hopefully more people will chime in with "real" answers for you.

I understand that some areas look at soliciting differently, I've worked all over the country. (treepet stay in ohio and stop posting in public) sorry for your bad personalities, appearance, social skills, and lack of knowledge, otherwise...
Hide behind the print as you will

you mean throw money away on advertising, and wait for a caller to have me bid against 20 other tree services... no thanks.
a couple days of door to door sales with flyers and education in almost 3 years, has generated lots of work, not to mention the referrals that came, and are still coming.

Sounds like a joke... maybe the ghetto would give results as described, not upperclass.
Maybe the guys that get these results look and sound like common uneducated, dopehead, maggots.
there are several celebs that I do tree work for regularly, they're always happy to see me

including several homes built for a few nascar drivers.... fairly high profile jobs, multi million dollar homes.

ArborSmith I hear you Sir. I understand and appreciate your perspective Sir. This could be like a debate with a rock, then again maybe there are certain areas that really treat people like crooks.... we all are a product of our environment.
I hope those nay sayers are just feeding their egos rather than having people treat them like criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by treevet View Post

Sounds like experience.
Remember, if you look like a drunk or junkie, or if you have no more education in the trade than your local homeowner, do not solicit door to door.
If you live in an area where the crime is so high that laws have been passed to keep you away from people's property, it's probably not worth soliciting in the first place.
Hide behind a sign, or paid advertising... this way potential clients don't have to see who you really are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

treepet... I've seen your kind many times.. loudmouth, arrogant, over bearing, know it all, dumbasses...
I've noticed your join date and posting total, point and case.
Your comment about inbreeding... WOW! although I'm not the product of such, and was born and raised in the big city until the age of 20yrs., I doubt you even know the reason those folks decided to inbreed.
For the record, I AM a CA, which means nothing other than I passed a test, as my marriage certificate is not the reason I am married. :)

as far as comparing any part of Ohio or Pa. to Beverly Hills... we ALL laugh at that!

[video]<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5XcKBmdfpWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]Try again!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5XcKBmdfpWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoefully they know what league they're in when attempting the ass kicking.

Sad...
If a person can't speak clearly, and confident, with education...
if they look like a bum or a dopehead, carry themselves like a crook or hack, then maybe they should not sell door to door.
(Hide behind a sign or phone call)
I have had 5 different yellow page ads some years ago....I only got 2 calls which only 1 job I got for the whole year from posting in 5 books. It would be dumb to try to advertise that way again in the same areas.
I have not used signs for well over a year.
I have done door to door 3 different days, over a 16 month period.
Turn out> we get 4 out of 5 jobs solicited....
we don't work for beer, (we don't drink) then one job leads to another.(word of mouth)
The ones that cry that it's shamefull to door knock, I could probably buy and sell them and their equipment many times over.
I am a certified arborist, insured, experienced, equipped.

They meet me, they like me, they trust me, they hire me.
We are good at what we do, the hacks can't compete.

treevet... you've added words to my post?
"all the time"? or "3 days over a 16 month period"?
none the less, it is what it is.
As I posted earlier, some are better off hiding behind a sign or phone... similar to the internet tough guy.
mckeetree... I don't blame you for not doing door to door sales. Maybe you are one of those guys that would get a beatdown on someones front step. :O
I know it could be bad for you to come to my house and speak.
-OR-

From what I gather(?), it would be smart for anyone as friendly as you, and talks as well as you do, to retire from doing sales and teach others how to make a wonderful living from paid printing or magic markers?

Although I'm not a crackhead, I do know that they have big problems with being paranoid, and facing the public.
ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING CRACK?!?

chipperscompany I'm sure you can see the brilliant posts by dumba$$e$.
hopefully these posts will help answer your question in an indirect, stupid kind of way atleast.
Only as a basic guide, I see newer members with lots of posts as bigmouth, ego, fools.
I don't care for the drama and haters. Hopefully more people will chime in with "real" answers for you.

I understand that some areas look at soliciting differently, I've worked all over the country. (treepet stay in ohio and stop posting in public) sorry for your bad personalities, appearance, social skills, and lack of knowledge, otherwise...
Hide behind the print as you will

you mean throw money away on advertising, and wait for a caller to have me bid against 20 other tree services... no thanks.
a couple days of door to door sales with flyers and education in almost 3 years, has generated lots of work, not to mention the referrals that came, and are still coming.

Quote Originally Posted by treevet View Post

Sounds like experience.
If you live in an area where the crime is so high that laws have been passed to keep you away from people's property, it's probably not worth soliciting in the first place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

treepet... I've seen your kind many times.. loudmouth, arrogant, over bearing, know it all, dumbasses...
I've noticed your join date and posting total, point and case.
Your comment about inbreeding... WOW! although I'm not the product of such, and was born and raised in the big city until the age of 20yrs., I doubt you even know the reason those folks decided to inbreed.
For the record, I AM a CA, which means nothing other than I passed a test, as my marriage certificate is not the reason I am married. :)

as far as comparing any part of Ohio or Pa. to Beverly Hills... we ALL laugh at that!

So, you waited until your Shrink had to go to the bathroom so you could spew you dumb-ass-ness! Ha! Boo!! Ha!
Jeff :laugh:

I gained a new respect for tree md after reading this thread.... Good to be a hustler and not forget where you came from and never too proud to do what it takes to make an honest living and support your family! I grew up piss poor but with ethics and values and that turned out all I needed to be sucsessfull!

Chainsaws talk, don t door knock

I have found the greatest success by investing a little money and a little bit of mental effort in creating a flier to place in doors while in a neighborhood. Often times we see trees/stumps that need to be maintained or removed. How do you approach the homeowner? I usually sit back and look at the bigger picture. Do I want to be disturbed in my own home? Or have a strange burly tree guy showing up on the doorstep to greet my wife? Most certainly, I don t. However, there are subtle ways to get your name out in a neighborhood without knocking on the door. As we all know, chainsaws talk, when we work, everyone knows where we are. Some neighbors will at times approach you too actively... walking onto an active work zone with leads coming down from the sky; or the neighbor that walks back by repeatedly or those that sit and watch. As a business owner, this is an business opportunity that has yet to come to fruition. Engage these people in conversation, often you ll find they re looking for an estimate and don t know how to approach you. For those neighbors that are busy making a living during the day, utilize the leaflets in the doorways, small yard signs, and the connections you ve made with neighbors to boost your business via word amouth. I started my business after leaving the military, obtaining a college education, and not finding any work. There was a time that I could nt afford the advertising that the larger established companies could. Leaflets worked very well for me starting out, a couple cents per leaflet is well worth the small investment (check local solicitation laws). I would make it a point to fill the down time on the job by sending one or two of my ground crew up and down the neighborhood placing the leaflets in doors. It was not uncommon for one job to turn into a half a dozen or better jobs in one neighborhood. I d save money by not having to move equipment and further established a "foothold" in an area becoming the friendly neighborhood "tree guy". Along with business networking with other contractors, plumbers, excavators, roofers, etc. Surround yourself with other reputable contractors and put business on another's table and it surely will be returned. Don t be discouraged by not having the assets that others do, even the largest companies were at time a start up company. I began with one truck and a trailer and making a meager 20-30k my first season. Three years later, I have a fleet of trucks, equipment (all paid off), 26 employees, and my annual income is a very big jump from what it was a few years ago. Despite being able to now afford other advertising ventures, I still stand behind the flier method and its proven success.

I have found the greatest success by investing a little money and a little bit of mental effort in creating a flier to place in doors while in a neighborhood. Often times we see trees/stumps that need to be maintained or removed. How do you approach the homeowner? I usually sit back and look at the bigger picture. Do I want to be disturbed in my own home? Or have a strange burly tree guy showing up on the doorstep to greet my wife? Most certainly, I don t. However, there are subtle ways to get your name out in a neighborhood without knocking on the door. As we all know, chainsaws talk, when we work, everyone knows where we are. Some neighbors will at times approach you too actively... walking onto an active work zone with leads coming down from the sky; or the neighbor that walks back by repeatedly or those that sit and watch. As a business owner, this is an business opportunity that has yet to come to fruition. Engage these people in conversation, often you ll find they re looking for an estimate and don t know how to approach you. For those neighbors that are busy making a living during the day, utilize the leaflets in the doorways, small yard signs, and the connections you ve made with neighbors to boost your business via word amouth. I started my business after leaving the military, obtaining a college education, and not finding any work. There was a time that I could nt afford the advertising that the larger established companies could. Leaflets worked very well for me starting out, a couple cents per leaflet is well worth the small investment (check local solicitation laws). I would make it a point to fill the down time on the job by sending one or two of my ground crew up and down the neighborhood placing the leaflets in doors. It was not uncommon for one job to turn into a half a dozen or better jobs in one neighborhood. I d save money by not having to move equipment and further established a "foothold" in an area becoming the friendly neighborhood "tree guy". Along with business networking with other contractors, plumbers, excavators, roofers, etc. Surround yourself with other reputable contractors and put business on another's table and it surely will be returned. Don t be discouraged by not having the assets that others do, even the largest companies were at time a start up company. I began with one truck and a trailer and making a meager 20-30k my first season. Three years later, I have a fleet of trucks, equipment (all paid off), 26 employees, and my annual income is a very big jump from what it was a few years ago. Despite being able to now afford other advertising ventures, I still stand behind the flier method and its proven success.

I did not know if they pay you by the word or by the hour. Troll!
Jeff :angry:

Paid by the word

haha, this troll must get paid by the word.... I ve spent a vast majority of my time out there on the Silver Strand training on Good ole Coronado Island. When I come back to SD, come grab a beer, and enjoy the verbage... Fellow Trolls drink free.

haha, this troll must get paid by the word.... I ve spent a vast majority of my time out there on the Silver Strand training on Good ole Coronado Island. When I come back to SD, come grab a beer, and enjoy the verbage... Fellow Trolls drink free.

So you are a local guy? Pretty cool! I am in the north county, San Marcos., Grew up some in Chula Vista.
Jeff :cheers:

Cool

No, I m originally from PA. I was stationed with NSW on Coronado and lived on the silver strand back when I was active in the Navy for 8 years. Love it out there. Back here in PA.

Latest posts

Back