dump trailer's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of how I had the tailgate modified:

2010-05-07002.jpg

Bought one yesterday...picking it up this morning 6x10 brand new $5000. 5 tn axles! Will put up a pic later! Was on the way back from a job and saw it, pulled in guy was asking $5500, I offered 5.....done deal! One question I was wondering? How many times before you have to charge the battery on the hydraulic lift? Or does it charge some how when it's plugged into your truck? Guy I bought it off is french and doesn't speak much english ....and I don't speak much french!:greenchainsaw:

Congratulations!

Likely you need to recharge it. Carry a spare charged gets around knowing when to charge. Some/mine had a charger built into it where you just plug in the trailer with the supplied cord.

Bought one yesterday...picking it up this morning 6x10 brand new $5000. 5 tn axles! Will put up a pic later! Was on the way back from a job and saw it, pulled in guy was asking $5500, I offered 5.....done deal! One question I was wondering? How many times before you have to charge the battery on the hydraulic lift? Or does it charge some how when it's plugged into your truck? Guy I bought it off is french and doesn't speak much english ....and I don't speak much french!:greenchainsaw:

I'll bet it takes both axels to make 5 tons, FWIW. :)

Here it is

Here it is behind my expedition 5.4 litre. Pulled it nicely with a load of oak logs in it. I had the suspension upgraded on it a few years back. I'm hoping to have a newer bigger truck by the beginning of the summer. I also have another 3/4 tn that will pull it with no problems. I'm happy with it, no more hauling the logs/chips/brush out, just pull up and dump! I plan on adding bigger sides to it, maybe next weeks project!:greenchainsaw:

Here it is behind my expedition 5.4 litre. Pulled it nicely with a load of oak logs in it. I had the suspension upgraded on it a few years back. I'm hoping to have a newer bigger truck by the beginning of the summer. I also have another 3/4 tn that will pull it with no problems. I'm happy with it, no more hauling the logs/chips/brush out, just pull up and dump! I plan on adding bigger sides to it, maybe next weeks project!:greenchainsaw:

Drove a dump truck years ago with a 2 piece telescoping lift cylinder on the front of the box. Had to be careful you were not on a side slope at all. Don't remember ever seeing one on a dump trailer before. Is that vertical cylinder on the front for lifting? How high an angle will it dump? Kicks the snot out of pulling/cutting apart an eagles nest to unload trailer at end of day, just push the button. ENJOY the sound of whatever, sliding out...

That's the first 5k axles I've seen with 5 lug hubs!

Check the axle rating plates before you put too much load on them. Around here, 5 lug is good for 3500# per axle at most.

That's the first 5k axles I've seen with 5 lug hubs!

Check the axle rating plates before you put too much load on them. Around here, 5 lug is good for 3500# per axle at most.

3 1/2 ton right????:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I think they charge from truck. Mine does (but I am changing that as soon as I get some time.. putting a gasoline engine on the trailer to drive pump.. have 6.5 hp from Princess Auto just waiting to be used).

Is that a 2" ball on the trailer..

Mine does (but I am changing that as soon as I get some time.. putting a gasoline engine on the trailer to drive pump.. have 6.5 hp from Princess Auto just waiting to be used).

great idea.....how about some pictures of the set up? Have you seen any others with a small engine?

I think they charge from truck. Mine does (but I am changing that as soon as I get some time.. putting a gasoline engine on the trailer to drive pump.. have 6.5 hp from Princess Auto just waiting to be used).

Yeah found that out after reading some literature on it! I've been told to charge it up once a month to be on the safe side.

great idea.....how about some pictures of the set up? Have you seen any others with a small engine?

No actually I haven't, but my welder was the one with the idea. So.. now I am going to work with him on how to mount it. Will send pics when I can get installed.. Should be not much cost as the engine is already paid for in box (I bought a couple of years ago and never taken out of box .. was for my sons go-kart which never happened)

Latest posts

Back