Ebay Bliss (NOT)! Poulan 4000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 3700 off of him (I believe it was 2 usernames ago, I know it was at least one) and it arrived with the clutch cover broken.
He sure didn't want to make it right but finally did.

He is the guy I bought my 2 4200s from.
I ended up doing alright on that deal, he must have had some bills due.

Mike

Sorry for digging up an old post....buuttt.

I was researching info on a poulan 4000 I just bought locally and came across this post. I've started selling saws on ebay...so far so good, but this guy "bowmaster-saws971" sounds like a nightmare. I recently did a search and that user ID is no longer valid. I think he may have changed the ID to just "bowmaster-saws". Can anyone verify this as I'm going to block him as I believe he would find something wrong with a NOS poulan and want a refund. He's not worth the hassle and I would rather take less $$ from a honest person then deal with this joker.

I see on youtube he likes those little terrier dogs, and bowmaster-saws also has little dog pics in the store and he's also from the southeast.

He tried to by my dayton when i had it listed a few months ago. i told him to piss off. I have heard to much stuff about him. I'm pretty sure he was just planning on flipping the thing anyways.

Thanks for the quick reply...He's banned. Funny I have an poulan 3400 in the orange dayton colors, is that the same as yours?? If it is, I've noticed some green paint under the orange paint on the handle and some overspray on certain parts. I was wondering if this is normal or was this saw painted latter on? If it was done latter on, the paint job matched perfectly...that's the reason why I think it was done by poulan. Maybe Modifed Mark can chime in, he seems to be the authority on poulans.

Thanks for the quick reply...He's banned. Funny I have an poulan 3400 in the orange dayton colors, is that the same as yours?? If it is, I've noticed some green paint under the orange paint on the handle and some overspray on certain parts. I was wondering if this is normal or was this saw painted latter on? If it was done latter on, the paint job matched perfectly...that's the reason why I think it was done by poulan. Maybe Modifed Mark can chime in, he seems to be the authority on poulans.

Mine was a 2z463 which is a poulan 245.

Again,

not to keep an old post going, but it IS IMPORTANT that people know some truths about dealing with FEE-Bay...

If the repairs were made, and NOT authorized by the seller, don't expect to go back after the seller to get compensation.

It's absurd to buy a saw, find more troubles with it than were listed, make repairs, then bellyache about it and want compensation.

Even worse to go after the seller with negative feedback.

4 hours to replace an oil pump on a chain saw!?!?! Did I read that correctly? If so, don't quit your day job!....FWIW.....Cliff

I agree with everything you say, BUT you have to keep in mind that EBAY people don't deal with saws!

They sit at a desk, and MAY have HEARD of a saw, but may NOT know if an oil pump is EXTERNAL, or how much work it takes to repair...they may think it's something you can 'check' when you get the saw, etc.

I had a buddy that bought a 575xp that had a tree dropped on it. The SELLER said all it needed was a top handle, and recoil, and there was a small crack in the top cover. he had done a compression test, and it was good. He received the saw, and 4 of the fins were busted off the cyl, and the top cover was loose, so YOU KNOW he was in there.

You can IMAGINE how that conversation went with the ebay resolution center after the guy refused to help him out, said saw was 'parts only...'

Trimmmed is right about the fact that the only rules that matter are the ones that eBay sets.

I am working on having all my "junk", [ I have already stoped listing saws,] , sold in a couple of months, and I will part company with eBay after about 10 years and 1600 some odd feedbacks.

Want an example of how they operate with sellers?

I qualify as a powerseller and had a top ranked seller rating with ratings of 5.0 and 4.9 on all the others. I lost money several times to keep buyers happy with eBay and myself.

Think they care?

eBay pulled my top rated seller rating this month even though I still have the 5.0 and 4.9 on all the others.

Why did they do it? I did not sell enough in December to suit them.

So that's the bottom line on eBay. It's all about how much money THEY can make.

To H with everybody else. Just my 2 cents from a soon to be ex eBay seller.:cheers:

GOOD FOR YOU!

what is your new selling venue?? as i'm looking.

Jay :D

Latest posts

Back