Echo CS-2511T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I checked the sprocket drum is only available overseas. I think chainsaw bars uk has them and will ship here. Word on the street is echo is going to be making the saw available with the 1/4p setup in the US before long.

What street exactly.
I’d like to have a little walk down that bugger.

I thank you.

I got my saw today. Went to the dealer yesterday and they said they sold the 4 they had and they're backordered for another month. I checked the Home Depot website and they were available to ship so I ordered one. It was delivered today less than 24 hours after i ordered it.

Right on!
3/8P or 1/4”?
Did you swap the sprocket?

3/8lp....the 1/4" sprocket isn't available in the US. I can get one from the UK but it would be about $75. I'm happy with the 3/8lp set up. As soon as the deflector gets here its gonna breathe a little better too.

3/8lp....the 1/4" sprocket isn't available in the US. I can get one from the UK but it would be about $75. I'm happy with the 3/8lp set up. As soon as the deflector gets here its gonna breathe a little better too.
What deflector neighbor(exhaust)?
Did you get it :).
I'm still looking at getting one of these little guys. I've had them in my hands and piss revved a bit, but not in wood yet :innocent:.

If like to see a comparison between the 2511T & the 271T.
From what I've seen/read(most all the same chat you've read on the other forums as well as here), fines in carb on the 2511 are the biggest issue and guys not liking the stock chain, seem to be a great saw other than those.
Guessing a little power, but for the intended use of them I would choose the 2511.
Just buy one and then you can do the video and the longevity review :popcorn2:.

From what I've seen/read(most all the same chat you've read on the other forums as well as here), fines in carb on the 2511 are the biggest issue and guys not liking the stock chain, seem to be a great saw other than those.
Guessing a little power, but for the intended use of them I would choose the 2511.
Just buy one and then you can do the video and the longevity review :popcorn2:.

Ive had my hands on a 2511 but have not seen a 271.

The 2511T almost Pocket size & would do well on my saddle for those smaller jobs.

If the 271T was on the same frame but just a little more however...

Ive had my hands on a 2511 but have not seen a 271.

The 2511T almost Pocket size & would do well on my saddle for those smaller jobs.

If the 271T was on the same frame but just a little more however...
I thought they would make a nice gansta arborist necklace they are so small, hanging around your neck and put a gold chain on it :laugh:.
For the price I can't imagine anyone who does climbing work on a normal basis not having one, they seem as handy as a shirt pocket, wait I don't think any of my shirts have pockets:lol:.

I bought a switch for a pony motor at Commercial Power on Industrial Loop, Shreveport, La. I was eyeing the 2511T in a glass cabinet, and the owner (I believe) unlocked it. I put it on my shoulder and patted it, baby style and it gave me a nice burp! When he realized I own a tree service in town, he allowed me to demo the saw, and I kept it a week. All my guys loved it. I cried when I took it back... Plan to get one soon. I have the Stihl 150, and it is definitly better than the Stihl.

I bought a switch for a pony motor at Commercial Power on Industrial Loop, Shreveport, La. I was eyeing the 2511T in a glass cabinet, and the owner (I believe) unlocked it. I put it on my shoulder and patted it, baby style and it gave me a nice burp! When he realized I own a tree service in town, he allowed me to demo the saw, and I kept it a week. All my guys loved it. I cried when I took it back... Plan to get one soon. I have the Stihl 150, and it is definitly better than the Stihl.

The two saws are surpisingly different. The 150 is fantastic for delicate and precise trim cuts. The 2551 is much better for 6-10" cuts. We use both every day. The 150 for trimming, the 2551 is more general. For bigger takedowns we have 201s that wear 16" bars all the time. All 3 benefit enormously from modifications. They don't burp anymore after that. They scream!

Are you guys comparing the 2511t to a modded 150? I've been running a 150 with timing advanced and muffler opened and it cuts very well. Not as good as a 271t but the weight savings are worth it to me...

Our 150 has a MM, timing advance, and the carb limiters are drilled. It's great but with that tiny chain it's pretty slow in 6"+ cuts. The 2551 is stock and is still faster because of the larger chain. It also seems to have more torque.

Are you guys comparing the 2511t to a modded 150? I've been running a 150 with timing advanced and muffler opened and it cuts very well. Not as good as a 271t but the weight savings are worth it to me...
I see he says theirs if modded, but to me regardless for the price why not have one.

Crazy how small they are isn't it.
Hopefully when you go back in he will give you a deal in it since it's a demo saw lol.
If I didn't have 3-200's, a 540, and a 192 as well as a couple rear handled 201's I'd have one. Now what's funnier yet is i am rarely in a tree :laugh:.
Anyone want to buy a saw :D, or trade for a 2511 :clap:.

Back