Echo Dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What other chainsaw forum?

There are at least two, possibly four, other sites with chainsaw forums. I'd get in trouble with the moderators here at AS if I mentioned them by name. The chainsaw forum here at Arboristsite is by far the most active and most informative.

Echo is good stuff, They take a lickin and keep on tickin.

The Echo update school is in a couple months, we will get to have a hands on with the new models and stuff not for sale yet.

I think the 670 (formerly 6700) will be replaced by a similar Orange clad model designated CS-671 or 672, possibly 6702. But that's all up in the air.

People that use them, love Echos. People that bash them, need to step away from the Kool-Aid and open their eyes to the world of ECHO.

I can always count on my 520 to start on 2 pulls,m regardless of temp. It can be 105 outside, and 2 pulls, 1 if I can thumb the choke off fast enough. It can be 20 degrees out, 2 pulls and its running.

Even my husky 350 takes a few pulls if it hasnt been run in a few months.

Here's another pile of dung to rival an echo in quality, a morrison, 25cc of raw savage power, it lasted about 30 hours, a clutch spring snapped, the trigger lock mechanism went faulty, screws stripped their threads, the fuel lids a curse to unscrew, the oiler continually went AWOL,

vibrates like an old stihl, the most anemic motor in the world, jeez they even spelt morrison with an 'N', 3 months warranty too, ha ha the saw's only a few weeks old, but money back, doubt it

l10.jpg

"CliffR

The echo rep has mentioned the 670 is being replaced by a 680! Have you heard anything like this?"

No, I lost my point of contact with Echo last year. The company cut some jobs, as with many other companies in this economy, and he is no longer with them.

What a shame, because he was highly skilled, knowledgable, and very enthusiastic and loyal to his company.....Cliff

Here's another pile of dung to rival an echo in quality, a morrison, 25cc of raw savage power, it lasted about 30 hours, a clutch spring snapped, the trigger lock mechanism went faulty, screws stripped their threads, the fuel lids a curse to unscrew, the oiler continually went AWOL,

vibrates like an old stihl, the most anemic motor in the world, jeez they even spelt morrison with an 'N', 3 months warranty too, ha ha the saw's only a few weeks old, but money back, doubt it

l10.jpg

congratulations on your steaming pile of feces...but for the record that is not now, nor has it ever been an ECHO product. not even a complete fool would compare that machine to an ECHO, It's like comparing a Homelite Bandit to a Husky XP model, one is good, one is just plain bad.

How about a Pontiac Fiero...It looked kinda exotic, it ran kinda good, but it isnt a Ferrari, to compare them would be assinine.

Im not even sure what point your post had, but to once again display your utterly sickening lack of knowledge on this subject.

congratulations on your steaming pile of feces...but for the record that is not now, nor has it ever been an ECHO product. not even a complete fool would compare that machine to an ECHO, It's like comparing a Homelite Bandit to a Husky XP model, one is good, one is just plain bad.

How about a Pontiac Fiero...It looked kinda exotic, it ran kinda good, but it isnt a Ferrari, to compare them would be assinine.

Im not even sure what point your post had, but to once again display your utterly sickening lack of knowledge on this subject.

Looks like a chinese knockoff of an echo 360T

Red leave words like asinine out of your vocabulary till you learn how to spell them hehe, but back to echos, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as husky either, and my point was an echo is no better than a morrison, they're both cheap and nasty, so what's the big mystery? :)

I am glad this is turning into an Echo bashing thread. So it's my turn to bash Echo.... I hate that Echo lasts so long, i hate how Echo has such a good warranty, I hate that Echo parts are easy to find and not expensive, i hate that i rarely have to get a spare part for Echos, i hate that they start really easy no matter what the temperature is, i hate that they are light weight and don't make my back and shoulders hurt, i hate the fact that they are not made in china (made in the USA with pride). I HATE ECHO ! Thanks for letting me rant ! I could go on forever.:dizzy:

I am glad this is turning into an Echo bashing thread. So it's my turn to bash Echo.... I hate that Echo lasts so long, i hate how Echo has such a good warranty, I hate that Echo parts are easy to find and not expensive, i hate that i rarely have to get a spare part for Echos, i hate that they start really easy no matter what the temperature is, i hate that they are light weight and don't make my back and shoulders hurt, i hate the fact that they are not made in china (made in the USA with pride). I HATE ECHO ! Thanks for letting me rant ! I could go on forever.:dizzy:

Wow, that makes five of you that like echo now. Watch out your nation is growing.:)

Wow, that makes five of you that like echo now. Watch out your nation is growing.:)

im glad of it too helps me out in getting rid of these parts i know the 5000.00 i need can be made if only people start buying those parts but no one is buying anything hardly

stress is not good and i have stress in my life right now cant even sleep at night wake up every morning with a headache stay up all night almost till 3 am in the morning and wake up at 8 so you see i cannot get any rest cause im constantly trying to figure out how to make ends meet since this online store is my only source of income and half the parts on the store are order type and i only make 20 % of the price of the part which does not add up alot

the Echo parts i have is where i make a living on and im being nice to people by giving them 65% off on those items but you know if every one of them echo parts sold i would have my $ 5000.00 i need and it would remove the stress a little from me

so i ask why is no one ordering $ 1.95 - 6.95 in price parts for echos

Last edited:

+1 :agree2:

Actually I think the morrison looks like a tanaka or maybe a redmax more than the echo! However all of those little saws share similarity!

Looks like a chinese knockoff of an echo 360T

Probably is, but I see a few things that arent even close...

There are chinese knocksoffs of Husky and Stihl on Ebay all the time, Freakin Baileys sells a chinese Stihl knockoff in fact!

I guess it is okay to say now that Because Stihl and Husky have been cloned by the chinese, that Stihl and Husky quality has hit the gutter?

ppg rants and shoots his mouth off, but once again he speaks of which he does not know, he cant come up with a decent bash against stihl, it's the same ol sh*t every time he post, it gets old. If he has used as many echo's and had the aweful results as he says he has, I can safely say that there is a high likelyhood of his problems being user induced.

We have far too many customers using Echos year round with no problems at all, we sell far too many, for the problem to be in the design, built, or quality of the Echo equipment.

We have YET to have a single customer bring an ECHO in, and complain about it, not a single one.

Your right

The boys have given me no trouble and I have cut a lot of wood with them especially my CS-306. I think your right people who bash ECHO have never owned one. My friends have all drank the KOOL-AID for a long time but the more their around my ECHOS the less they like the KOOL-AID or maybe they just see the ECHOS for what they are light weight durable dependable saws. It would be nice to see some more ECHO guys step up to the plate and post about their experiences with their ECHOS good or bad. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying echos are all that but I have had a chance to use other saws and I think my ECHOS hold their own. I had a opportunity to use a Dolmar PS-401 this last weekend and I wouldn't trade my CS-370 for anything, it (the Dolmar) felt cheap and leaked oil all over the place, one bar nut? no thanks ill keep my ECHO.

Echo is good stuff,
They take a lickin and keep on tickin.

The Echo update school is in a couple months, we will get to have a hands on with the new models and stuff not for sale yet.

I think the 670 (formerly 6700) will be replaced by a similar Orange clad model designated CS-671 or 672, possibly 6702. But that's all up in the air.

People that use them, love Echos. People that bash them, need to step away from the Kool-Aid and open their eyes to the world of ECHO.

I can always count on my 520 to start on 2 pulls,m regardless of temp. It can be 105 outside, and 2 pulls, 1 if I can thumb the choke off fast enough. It can be 20 degrees out, 2 pulls and its running.

Even my husky 350 takes a few pulls if it hasnt been run in a few months.

thats cute

im glad of it too helps me out in getting rid of these parts i know the 5000.00 i need can be made if only people start buying those parts but no one is buying anything hardly

stress is not good and i have stress in my life right now cant even sleep at night wake up every morning with a headache stay up all night almost till 3 am in the morning and wake up at 8 so you see i cannot get any rest cause im constantly trying to figure out how to make ends meet since this online store is my only source of income and half the parts on the store are order type and i only make 20 % of the price of the part which does not add up alot

the Echo parts i have is where i make a living on and im being nice to people by giving them 65% off on those items but you know if every one of them echo parts sold i would have my $ 5000.00 i need and it would remove the stress a little from me

so i ask why is no one ordering $ 1.95 - 6.95 in price parts for echos
I've been running Echo's for 7 years now, so far you could have sold me one $12 av mount. Good luck. Steve

The boys have given me no trouble and I have cut a lot of wood with them especially my CS-306. I think your right people who bash ECHO have never owned one. My friends have all drank the KOOL-AID for a long time but the more their around my ECHOS the less they like the KOOL-AID or maybe they just see the ECHOS for what they are light weight durable dependable saws. It would be nice to see some more ECHO guys step up to the plate and post about their experiences with their ECHOS good or bad. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying echos are all that but I have had a chance to use other saws and I think my ECHOS hold their own. I had a opportunity to use a Dolmar PS-401 this last weekend and I wouldn't trade my CS-370 for anything, it (the Dolmar) felt cheap and leaked oil all over the place, one bar nut? no thanks ill keep my ECHO.

Sure looks like you need a CS510, 520, or 530 in your lineup. Steve

I don't know much about the new ones, I did run some in the 70s. 602s and 702s, they were well made, reliable, but a Mac 10-10 would leave them in the dust. I did own one that I wish I still had, a 302 that I won at a rifle match back in 1974, I cut all kinds of wood with it for about ten years, it never failed. I gave it to a BIL, it is still running
It went through a couple bars and a few yards of chain, maybe a plug or two.
Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Back