Echo Dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word echo should never be mentioned in the same sentence or paragraph as the word stihl

Currently we have a leaf blower, string trimmer, garden tiller, and CS-360T, CS-510 and CS-670 chainsaws. All of these tools are dead solid reliable, and trouble-free now for at least 4 years.

The most recent addition to the line-up is the CS-360T, which has been muffler modded, and real chain put on it. It sees a lot of use as we cut mostly tops.

The CS-510 is one of our favorite saws, and very fuel efficient. In comparison, it is not quite as fast as the Husky 55, but a tad more "grunt" in the lower rpm ranges.

We had a CS-440 but it was stolen, but I wasnt' overly impressed with it anyhow. It was OK for a saw around 45cc, but pretty much maxxed out with a 16" bar running .325" low profile chain. We also had several of the 300-301 top handles, which are reed valve engines, and WAY underpowered.

We owned a CS-8000 briefly, decent saw, but not on par with the larger Husqvarna saws we own. It also does NOT have the automtive style air filter, and you have to remove a rubber plug to access the mixture screws, hoaky to say the least.

The CS-670 can be compared to the Husky 268XP, but as with the CS-510/Husky 55 comparison, it doesn't cut as fast or have nearly the high rpm power and torque of the Husqvarna. Still runs fine, and a trouble free saw.

I consider Echo power equipment an excellent value. We have noticed that without exception all of the items we have aquired were set up WAY too lean from the factory. I would imagine this is more to please the EPA than anything else? In any case, we set the carburetors correctly, and all have served us quite well now for several years.

I wouldn't hesitate to recomend them to others, but do NOT expect them to be as powerful pound for pound as the Stihl and Husqvarna Professional saws......Cliff

Thank You cliffR

That is somewhat of what I have been looking for! I know saw wise they do not have the speed or power of what I currently sell but they have brand awarness for the general public! Which stihl and husky have!

I would also say that john deere buying stihl is a possibility! If you think about it Andres Stihl is getting up there in age and he has no sons or daughters! Or any other blood realitives that I know of. Think about it!

Thank You cliffR

That is somewhat of what I have been looking for! I know saw wise they do not have the speed or power of what I currently sell but they have brand awarness for the general public! Which stihl and husky have!

I would also say that john deere buying stihl is a possibility! If you think about it Andres Stihl is getting up there in age and he has no sons or daughters! Or any other blood realitives that I know of. Think about it!

You need to learn about Stihl before you post about them. It's all available on the stihlus.com website. Then maybe your posts wouldn't sound so bad.

Javelin, you are welcome.

Two important items to get out of my post(s).

The chains that show up on Echo saws are not all that great. They have those huge anti-kickback parts ahead of the cutter. It's a BIG wake up call just to put a good chain on one of them.

They are without exception too lean for my liking. They all went lean in the cut, and were extremely cold blooded right out of the box. This alone would lead to customer complaints, and you'd probably get some back under warratee with cooked P/C's.

Like all the other saws we own and work on, I increased the oil to fuel ratio, and set them up just a tad rich for the first few tankfuls. After they were well seated in, the carburetors were fine tuned, and we've never touched any of them since.

I would also add that the CS-360T has a rev-limiting module, and it is very difficult to find the ideal high speed setting. It it also restrictive in the exhaust. I cut the muffler in half, removed the catalyst, and opened up the two internal ports to 5/16" each. That move alone gave it a LOT more power clear across the loaded speed range. Not really things a dealer is going to get away with, but it does show that Echo saws have decent potential as high rpm/high powered units.

Anyhow, I'll add the following to let you know how well I really like Echo's current saw line-up. IF, I were starting from scratch, and had to cut as much firewood as we do each season:

I grab a Husqvarna 372XP, as my main large saw for most of the "grunt" work. It would have a 20" bar on it, and I'd grab a 24" as well.

It would be complimented by one, if not two CS-510/520's with 18" bars.

CS-360T with a 14" bar.

I might even grab a CS-370 or CS-400 with a 16" bar, to have a rear handle limbing saw readily available to compliment the top handle CS-360T.

That line-up would put me in good shape for at least 5 seasons, with minimal investment, and a saw for every job we would encounter.....Cliff

CliffR

The echo rep has mentioned the 670 is being replaced by a 680! Have you heard anything like this?

Back