Echo Dealers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks like you need a CS510, 520, or 530 in your lineup. Steve

I would love to have one but for right now my Homelite 360 fits the bill (sorry no pic) Its just a bit heaver and no chain brake, hummm I gotta quit thinking like that. Ill have to start going to my CAD support group again.

Great pics RandyMac.

Mac 10-10, that is going back a ways. I remember when my brother bought a Mac 850, made a couple outings with it, and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. That thing would vibrate your arms off, and SLOW in the cut. Couldn't keep the fuel tank full either, used more fuel per pound of wood cut than anything I've ever used.

Anyhow, the modern piston ported Echo saws with upright cylinder are light years ahead of the old models, not even close by any comparison.....Cliff

Mac 10-10, that is going back a ways. I remember when my brother bought a Mac 850, made a couple outings with it, and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. That thing would vibrate your arms off, and SLOW in the cut. Couldn't keep the fuel tank full either, used more fuel per pound of wood cut than anything I've ever used.

Anyhow, the modern piston ported Echo saws with upright cylinder are light years ahead of the old models, not even close by any comparison.....Cliff

I have a CS-305 and a CS-341, they are the Horizontal Reed Valve engines. What is the difference with with the Upright (vertical ) engines. What is piston ported ? Thanks !:monkey:

i had someone order a sprocket oregon 32794X i looked at it found out the oem echo # is 17500511030 17500514330 i checked my inventory and found 2 17500511030 in the bundle but what it is is old stock parts and the teeth on the sprocket is got minor surface rust on the top of the teeth could be cleaned up with emory cloth but should i send this to the customer both of them or would someone here want these new with some minor problems on the surface of the sprocket for a cheap price i think what i will do is order the 32794X like they want and just send it out next week since the distributors are closed but i just wanting to know if any of you own a CS-610 CS-451 CS-452 CS-500 CS-510EVL CS-550 i happen to have the oem sprockets like i said i will be glad to just get $ 5.00 for the pair if anyone is interested

thanks
calvin

I have a CS-305 and a CS-341, they are the Horizontal Reed Valve engines. What is the difference with with the Upright (vertical ) engines. What is piston ported ? Thanks !:monkey:

A piston ported engine does not have reed valves. It uses the piston itself to seal off the intake and transfer ports depending upon the piston's position in the cylinder. The skirts on the piston seal off the intake, transfers, and exhaust port as the piston travels up in the cylinder on the compression stroke. The piston acts like a valve.

Some interesting info on 2 cycles engines:

http://www.madsens1.com/saw 2cyc theor.htm

:chainsaw:

Echo's current line-up are mostly piston ported, with the upright P/C's, CS-370, CS-400, CS-440, CS-520, CS-670, etc.

They also make two piston ported top handle saws, CS-330T, and CS-360T. They are considerably faster and more powerful than the earlier reed valve top handle saws.....Cliff

Thanks for the answer guys, about piston ported engines. It makes sense now... i should have known that, it's just the oposite of a reed vavle engine.:dizzy: I have read that reed valve engines have more low "grunt" (torque) than a piston ported design. It this right ?

Thanks everyone for your input! I received the credit app today and in it is a statement mandatory to sign to prevent internet sales! I am not sure how that will be inforced but interesting to see!

Just tore down an Echo 500 vl to change the two crankcase seals. Big job but worth it. First cylinder gasket too thick, compression came to 110, tore it down one more time for a thinner gasket, compression 135. Need the OEM cylinder gasket to get the 150PSI the saw had before disassembly. Anyone got one? Saw has two rings on the piston. Very good saw in my opinion. Saw cuts great with a 70dl bar (20") :greenchainsaw: :cheers:
Jonsered 670 630 670 630v 670 2050

Latest posts

Back