Echo gurus HELP!! anybody else welcome Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As you all know I am not a great chain saw expert. Here goes. I think that the Echo 452VL I just got has a problem of getting the bar oil in the crankcase. I rebuilt the carb, fuel lines, filter, filed and set the points, and a new plug. When I started to pull it, it was stiff as heck. I pulled the muffler and it looked like bar oil in the cylinder. Got most of it out with WD40. It pulled over fine then. It started the 5th or 6th pull and smoked like heck for about 30 seconds, cleared up and sounded fine. How does the bart oil get in the case on this saw. How do I correct this. Any opinions wanted. Thanks

It has a blown seal unless someone stored the saw with oil in the cylinder. If it fills again with oil and smokes next time you start it then it needs to come apart.
Mark

Yup, o rings on the oil pump. My 400evl had that same problem and why I got it for free:hmm3grin2orange: The pump is right under the adjustment screw, take the limiter off that is under the screw but before you screw the pump out screw it in until it stops counting the turns so you can get it back where it was or it will not pump oil correctly, this will save you aggravations later, how do I know that??

CS302 here and it does the same thing.

Smokes so bad I dont run it any more, nice lil saw too.

Dont under any circumstances let the little piston thingie fall off of the spring and into the crankcase.

There is no cure for this......

Latest posts

Back