Echo Power Blend Oil Smells Like Plastic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Bale

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been running Echo Power Blend in my CS-352 and some old homelites and it smells like burning plastic. I am an old motocrosser from the 70s and back then my friends and I used to say all the time how we loved the smell of 2-stroke oil. Golden Spectro was one of the better ones. Its no big deal really just wondering if any body else has noticed it. I used Belray in my 2003 Yamaha YZ250 I was racing/riding the last few years and that smelled normal/good. It might be the synthetic component of the Echo oil I am smelling.

I don't know if the Echo oil you get in the US is the same as get here in Europe, but the one my Echo dealer gave me last time I bought a brushcutter smelled pretty awful but, hey, it was free and was JASO-FD rated, so I've used every single drop of it.

Honestly I don't care about the smell as long as it's JASO-FD rated and won't break the bank, but if you really want good smelling premix oils both Castor and Motul have JASO-FD oils with just enough castor oil to make them smell like back in the 70's. Oh yeah: that stuff is also rabidly expensive so no thank you.

Ipone do a Strawberry smelling one Motul do a Bannana one Pj1 smells awful & Stihl Ultra gives me headaches Theres plenty of choice

Love the smell of burning plastic in the morning! Stihl HP Ultra definitely smells like burning plastic. Thought I was going nuts when first using it. My mates hate the smell, I don't mind it, works well for me.

Been running Echo Power Blend in my CS-352 and some old homelites and it smells like burning plastic. I am an old motocrosser from the 70s and back then my friends and I used to say all the time how we loved the smell of 2-stroke oil. Golden Spectro was one of the better ones. Its no big deal really just wondering if any body else has noticed it. I used Belray in my 2003 Yamaha YZ250 I was racing/riding the last few years and that smelled normal/good. It might be the synthetic component of the Echo oil I am smelling.

Same here. I used to run hair scrambles on my old Penton 6 Day Trials bike and used Klotz oil. Loved how that stuff smelled when riding my bike.

L8R,
Matt

Latest posts

Back