Echo vs....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodfarmer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So if I was ever searching for a new brand, it’s a tough decision. There are no husky dealers around me for miles. The one I spoke to is now selling Echo because he can’t deal with husky anymore. The computer cost him $1500 and customers don’t like paying $50 just to hook the saw up.
Echo 8000 is $1100 cdn- %30 for US but it’s as heavy as a $ 1400 660 with less power but saving $300 and the dealer says they’re great saws.
Dolmar same thing, heavier than my Jonsereds with less power and cost about the same.
The last 3 saws I purchased were blown Jonsereds, had them ported and I’m still further ahead than buying a good used stihl or dolmar.
Stihl dealer doesn’t like M-tronic nor does my circle of tree fellers, dealer suggested buying up the 441/461 non m-tropic when a good used one comes up.

There are hardly any good used saws on E-bay anymore and many members on the board seem to think they should get almost the same price for a used saw as new?
Don’t even get my started on some buying a saw having it ported and then expect to get their money back, all things depreciate.
Last two statements are not directed at anyone in particular, just general observations from a bored woodcutter whose been inside for almost three weeks due to rain....

Back