Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a box full of new espian pistons here. Time to take the 152 test to a new level. Have another one here, going either hot woods port or gas race saw for small fair type races.

should have bought an hpi savage:hmm3grin2orange: or an losi lst2:hmm3grin2orange:

Canadians!! LOL! yeah I hear ya.....hpi is much better for big jumps...tmaxx better for chasing cats & small yorkie type dogs...it dnt flip over when the cat puts the moves on! Fortunately I discovered chainsaws....gonna sell off all my R/C's for more chainsaws...thats my plan!

Got a box full of new espian pistons here. Time to take the 152 test to a new level. Have another one here, going either hot woods port or gas race saw for small fair type races.

See....I knew this guy was pretty smart.....he owns an efco!!:hmm3grin2orange:
You have a whole box...what are you a dealer?

I posted a pic of my 152's but it wont show...just shows a link to it......does anyone know where the how to post pics thread went......my search still wont work ever since the change over.

Canadians!! LOL! yeah I hear ya.....hpi is much better for big jumps...tmaxx better for chasing cats & small yorkie type dogs...it dnt flip over when the cat puts the moves on! Fortunately I discovered chainsaws....gonna sell off all my R/C's for more chainsaws...thats my plan!

i hear yah! i have 15 of the damn trucks that i'd love to unload on somebody who is enjoying that hobby:biggrinbounce2: i'd like to keep a couple (savage 4.6 and my revo 3.3) and maybe the lst2. 1 or 2 is fun. anymore and they become a chore to keep running.
:hmm3grin2orange:sorta like an old saw:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes I am a logger/dealer in Nova Scotia. Do I sell here. No. Do I want to sell here. No. My cost here is more than you guys in the US can buy them for at the dealer. I bought my first Efco from Baileys cheaper than I can get them now from my distributer.I buy used parts from Chainsawr.

I do however hope that my posts help Efco dealers that are sponsors either sell product or get customers to at least go into their shops for a look see.

Last edited:
Stihlcrazy, how do you get the top off the 165? I'm stymied by the choke. I want to richen the mix, so I think I need to break the limiters and do some tuning. My 165 is a work horse without much work (only 3 tanks), but I love it.

PS who's the Canadian dealer; the distributor in la belle province is no help, and the agent for ontario does bugger all; got mine from a guy in Kamloops, who's closed shop, but he got it from Bailey's.

Stihlcrazy, how do you get the top off the 165? I'm stymied by the choke. I want to richen the mix, so I think I need to break the limiters and do some tuning. My 165 is a work horse without much work (only 3 tanks), but I love it.

PS who's the Canadian dealer; the distributor in la belle province is no help, and the agent for ontario does bugger all; got mine from a guy in Kamloops, who's closed shop, but he got it from Bailey's.

The Canadian distributer is ESF out of Quebec. There seems to be a dispute about American internet sales coming into Canada. Anyway back to the 165.

Remove air filter cover, then the screws that hold the topcover down. The boot from carb comes up thru topcover. Push that down towards the carb. Once it is free from the topcover the cover should pull off. You may have to loosen the carb and roll it to remove the choke rod from the carb. My 165 was very lean. Made it 1/4 turn richer on the low. worked great.

If no one steps up to help you, I will, but I must become a sponsor first. If the saw came from Baileys I am sure they will look after any trouble.

Last edited:
My 165 was very lean when I got it too. Couldn't get it rich enough with the limiters and the top would even get hot. I removed and reinstalled the limiters with a drywall screw to allow richer adjusment and did a simple muffler mod with a hole in front and trimmed an deflector from an McCulloch muffler to fit over it. No more getting hot and it runs much better. Nice power to weight ratial and it handles well. I have an 24" solid nose bar I really like the balance and reach but when in bigger dry wood the adjustable oiler struggles to keep up at fully open. I find an good 58 ga. 22" sprocketnose bar cheap thats what I'd like to keep on it most the time.

Yes I am a logger/dealer in Nova Scotia. Do I sell here. No. Do I want to sell here. No. My cost here is more than you guys in the US can buy them for at the dealer. I bought my first Efco from Baileys cheaper than I can get them now from my distributer.I buy used parts from Chainsawr.

I do however hope that my posts help Efco dealers that are sponsors either sell product or get customers to at least go into their shops for a look see.

Great Job StihlCrazy on educating people on these Efco saws. They don't get much airtime on AS, but they appear to be pretty formidable saws.

Remove air filter cover, then the screws that hold the topcover down. The boot from carb comes up thru topcover. Push that down towards the carb. Once it is free from the topcover the cover should pull off. You may have to loosen the carb and roll it to remove the choke rod from the carb. My 165 was very lean. Made it 1/4 turn richer on the low. worked great.
Thanks, SC

SC....u never said in the beginning of the thread about that 026 video....that thing isnt stock is it? MY 152 smoked a 026 and 028..granted mine had a muff mod...and theirs didnt......i sharpend all 3 saws chains and ran all 3.....mine was simply faster....i had 18"NK set up maybe thats why. So whats up with that stihl?

SC....u never said in the beginning of the thread about that 026 video....that thing isnt stock is it? MY 152 smoked a 026 and 028..granted mine had a muff mod...and theirs didnt......i sharpend all 3 saws chains and ran all 3.....mine was simply faster....i had 18"NK set up maybe thats why. So whats up with that stihl?

Its a German made Arctic model. They work better than the standard US built ones. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here are some pics. Stripping the 152 down for a good cleaning. 417 tanks now. Heh, nice pics of red x's great

167343d1294401864-img_2811_1-jpg

167341d1294401860-img_2812_1-jpg

167339d1294401858-img_2813_1-jpg

167342d1294401862-img_2814_1-jpg

167340d1294401859-img_2815_1-jpg

Last edited:

That isn't a stock 026, it might be a Artic model but it isn't stock. Steve

Back