engine adaptor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abs111999

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can I get a ready made adaptor to marry a chainsaw bar/sprocket to the output shaft of a 4 stroke Briggs engine,side shaft.??

Sounds like something you would have to fab yourself, or have someone else fabricate. The bigger question would be...why would you want to?

I could see this being useful mounted on the bottom of a push mower frame to clear out sapplings.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
...but he speaks of a side shaft, not a vertical shaft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know, I can't really see that being useful.

I could maybe see a vertical shaft set up being an interesting way to homebrew a sawmill, but my head is still spinning on a horizontal shaft version unless it's some sort of chop saw? Hmmm. Wonder how a big a bar you could run with a 350 Chevy? ;-)

I could maybe see a vertical shaft set up being an interesting way to homebrew a sawmill, but my head is still spinning on a horizontal shaft version unless it's some sort of chop saw? Hmmm. Wonder how a big a bar you could run with a 350 Chevy? ;-)

There is a video of one online. Google it, it's pretty cool.

I guess it would need to incorporate a clutch as well may be one of the 8" grinding type discs with the chainsaw cutters around the edge would work better dependent on the requirement of the task

Back