Engine-pump mount ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tilenick

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi. I have an 11hp Honda engine that I want to use for my splitter that I bought last year. It currently has a verticly mounted Briggs engine with a belt driven pump. It blew a seal after I finally got it working and I want to use the horizontal shaft Honda to power it.
My question is. When buying a pump (I am looking at 16-22gpm) I don't know if the mount to the engine is universal, or is there a specific one from Honda to X pump. I would like to just bolt one to the engine rather than having to fab one up.

You need to measure the bolt pattern that is on the motor. Northern tool uses the diagonal measurement. Mount for a 16gpm pump is different than a 22gpm pump from what i have seen. Other things to factor in are the length of the motor shaft and pump shaft. You need to factor in the rubber piece for the love joy connector too. So length of the shafts + love joy rubber + 1/4 space = length of motor mount.

Couldn't find one for the motor I'm putting on my splitter so I am making one to fit what I need. Not too bad a job if you have some metal working tools.

My welder feed to the garage isn't finished so all I have is the regular hand tools drill,grinder,sawzall ect. So, I would like to just bolt and go. I will check northern tool for their mounts.

Try tractor supply, they have a universal one. They let me take one out to my truck and stick it on the motor and match the pump. I ordered a better one for my 12 hp Kohler and got the shaft length off by about half an inch and had to build it out a little with 5 or 6 flat washers. Could have returned it but wanted to get it finished that day while I had the time to work on it, Joe.

So, I finally bought a new pump. It is a two bolt pattern with5.25 inches center to center 22 gpm pump I found on eBay. When I put the nova coupling on it and measure between the engine face and the pump face it is 5 1/4 inches. In other threads I have searched I see that i should add 1/2 inch and that would give me my bracket length. The only bracket I see for the 22 gpm pump to my 11 horse Honda is 6 inches. Is that too much space between the two faces? can I just slide the couplings out a quarter inch each? Or should I look for one shorter.

Back