Ever get confused?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
1 ring, 2 rings, Av fuel, pump fuel, Coleman fuel. Av/pump mix, Sthil, Husky, 50 to 1, 40 to 1, 32 to 1, 24 to 1, whatever to 1, straight gas (okay maybe not straight gas) synthetic mix, conventional mix, bar oil, vegetable oil, motor oil, used motor oil, won't even go into chains.
And that's just to name a few of the choices and for each one you will find a die hard fan who says "do it this way or blown it up"

My head won't quit spinning. Heck with it I'm getting an ax. :) :)

But wait which kind of ax? Single head, double head, fiberglass or wood handle? :dizzy: :dizzy:

When i find something that works i usually stick to it. I've had good luck with husky saws, that's what i mainly use. I've had good luck with Klotz R50 Syn. mix, that's all i use. I like red-head wedges, thats what i use. It's like the 575, half the people on here HATE that saw, 25% say it's ok, and the other 25% really like it. Having said that though, this thread will probably start into another Husky Vs. Stihl thread.

1 ring, 2 rings, Av fuel, pump fuel, Coleman fuel. Av/pump mix, Sthil, Husky, 50 to 1, 40 to 1, 32 to 1, 24 to 1, whatever to 1, straight gas (okay maybe not straight gas) synthetic mix, conventional mix, bar oil, vegetable oil, motor oil, used motor oil, won't even go into chains.
And that's just to name a few of the choices and for each one you will find a die hard fan who says "do it this way or blown it up"

My head won't quit spinning. Heck with it I'm getting an ax. :) :)

But wait which kind of ax? Single head, double head, fiberglass or wood handle? :dizzy: :dizzy:

A wise old saw shop owner (Who used to be a Disston and Mall dealer/
servicing technician) once told me: "Yes, there's a lot of info to keep track of and that's why you have technical manuals, microfiche, and now Cd's on the computer. That way you don't have to remember it all and you can think about fishing and chasing women."

I read all the threads with interest and I do try new things from time to time, but for the most part I just stick with what works for me. It's like my buddy says "Sometimes I think, well....then again I don't know" I don't think I'll be trying Coleman fuel anytime soon LOL

I read all the threads with interest and I do try new things from time to time, but for the most part I just stick with what works for me. It's like my buddy says "Sometimes I think, well....then again I don't know" I don't think I'll be trying Coleman fuel anytime soon LOL
What I think about every morning when I wake up is Thank God A mighty I am alive..
At near 73 it is a new world every day.

It isn't so much a mater of remembering as understanding. If you understand it it becomes easy. Getting to the point of understanding may take you awhile.

I found out a long time ago that stuff that apparently good for other people doesnt work for me

Grandpa's chewing tobacco tasted so good too!:)

I think as you get older you develop a bit more skepticism for times when someone suggests "have a chaw a this, it'll put hair in yur shat like a wolf"

Reading the instructions is usually safer than cousin Joe or grandpa's advice!

C'mon Banshee, you've been here since april, I'm sure you know all the "correct" answers by now ;)

three, sometimes four, never five. there was a lad in Bromwich who reckoned seven was possible but he was .. odd ..

Latest posts

Back