EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's funny all of it , but again what do you do agin ? Really just answer the question so I can laugh too again , seems you have a lot of anger in you , maybe not I dunno but as far as the whole seat filler thing I am kinda right , the only person acknowledging you is me , and I only acknowledge you so that I can wreck your day a bit and hope that you try and post something tree related so I can make fun of it but you won't , you will keep acting like the troll under the bridge all angry and #### just so you know I am glad I found you on this thread because. I have started the timer to see how long it will take me to run you out again ? So again pipe looker what is it that you do that relates to this topic ???

I'm not angry at all... Owning little b!tches like you is actually kinda fun. What do you do? besides the obvious, suck man sausage and swallow? Like I said before, You aren't man enough to run anybody off. So go back to the basement, and save your breath.. You're gonna need it to inflate your next date. B!tch.

I'm not angry at all... Owning little b!tches like you is actually kinda fun. What do you do? besides the obvious, suck man sausage and swallow? Like I said before, You aren't man enough to run anybody off. So go back to the basement, and save your breath.. You're gonna need it to inflate your next date. B!tch.

101 climbs:
View attachment 215322
:)

dude aren't you like 50 or something and all you have is you wanna have sex with my wife , you already did with my mom and the basement jokes from last year I mean I have heard 11 year olds with better put downs then you , but anyway what is it that you can contribute again because I am thinking that hillbilly still has made more cuts than you ... And you uses a gay ass video like that as a putdown I thought you were better then that but I guess not TREECO is right this and you are GAY but especially you seems that you kinda owned yourself here but anyway maybe you can answer my question so we can proceed

dude aren't you like 50 or something and all you have is you wanna have sex with my wife , you already did with my mom and the basement jokes from last year I mean I have heard 11 year olds with better put downs then you , but anyway what is it that you can contribute again because I am thinking that hillbilly still has made more cuts than you ... And you uses a gay ass video like that as a putdown I thought you were better then that but I guess not TREECO is right this and you are GAY but especially you seems that you kinda owned yourself here but anyway maybe you can answer my question so we can proceed

Nope, The 50 year old that's banging your wife isn't me. You have me confused with somebody else. I knew you'd watch the video.. Did you learn anything?

Nope, The 50 year old that's banging your wife isn't me. You have me confused with somebody else. I knew you'd watch the video.. Did you learn anything?
oh right right someone else is already taking care of my wife , I mean is this you busting a nut man because really its a bit juvenile all I wanted to know is why there are pipeliners and fellers in a commercial tree care thread and low and behold out pops the JUSTME'S of the world to insult people and talk #### , again please answer my question put up a pic of your firewood pile because even those guys are less annoying then someone who is so pathetic that they post in a forum where they are not needed but anyway get back to me on that I am off to the OBGYN forum to insult there moms and wives

oh right right someone else is already taking care of my wife , I mean is this you busting a nut man because really its a bit juvenile all I wanted to know is why there are pipeliners and fellers in a commercial tree care thread and low and behold out pops the JUSTME'S of the world to insult people and talk #### , again please answer my question put up a pic of your firewood pile because even those guys are less annoying then someone who is so pathetic that they post in a forum where they are not needed but anyway get back to me on that I am off to the OBGYN forum to insult there moms and wives

Are you banging on your screen yet? Douchebag

1 – I don't think there was anything wrong with the depth of his notch. You said yourself that the 1/3 rule is only a guideline.

2 – You shouldn't have to tell the guy on the cable not to try and pull the tree down while the cutter is still cutting the back-cut.

3 – He didn't stop the back-cut until he realized the guy on the cable had started pulling the tree down. At this point, getting away from the tree was probably a wise move for safety. Granted, if he had kept cutting he would have finished his back-cut in the nick of time, but Murph was justified in being a bit surprised that his cable guy has started to pull.

4 – I'll give you that one.

I actually tried to research it, and no source I could find says why the depth should be 1/3.

but the best answer in this thread was that there is no answer, and that notches can be deep or shallow, as long as they are not too deep.

I agree that these cuts should not be done.

yes 1/3rd is a guidline.......so why not follow it? especially on an easy drop like the one displayed. I disagree with #2....the guy pulling the tree should always be "line of sight" with the Cutter & a method of comminication worked out prior to the act......to have the "pull" guy(s) just go at will is a mistake right there & #3........yes he stopped but the point is more so that he shouldnt of had to until the right time......the tree was pre-maturely pulled over due to several rules being broken (safety at that).

Yes I agree that him getting outta there was a safe move..............but how many times we all have had to stay in the pocket & continue to prevent something from happening during the fall, if that was a bigger tree with targets other than an ornamental.....it could of been disastrous? I have given my pull guys the signal while cutting to pause many times so I could continue cutting without fear of an overloaded pull snapping the hell outta the tree thus creating a hazard drop instead of a controlled drop!

this was as the title stated: a mis-comminication but also was more than that, it was just plain unsafe, poor workmanship by somebody who puts out videos for instructional purpose & I guess thats why I am so harsh to him, If he has things go wrong for him.....whats he think is gonna happen when a Newbie tries this??? wheres the care or worse yet who is liable for an injury resulting from watching & doing from one of his "instructional" videos? I do give him credit for posting this though!!!!

LXT.................

Cuttin' Trees 1 Falling Compilation with Daniel Murphy - YouTube

while watching the other video. I stumbled on this one. I found it to be very enjoyable and watchable. There were a few drops that were questionable, but all in all I liked it.

Millbilly..............if you watch closely some of the points made throughout this thread & at other sites can be found in there!

1- almost all of the large drops during the fall hit adjacent trees on the property which can/could cause unneccessary damage

2- regardless of anyone thinking its fun.........you dont drop trees on a roadway or driveway & for obvious reasons: traffic, pedestrian & car, underground facilities (drains, sewage/waterlines), etc... its just not professional, especially when he wanted to bring a crane in to save an old couples hedges & yard.......it just makes no sense when you view/listen to it all!!

3- the smaller trees are just plain "filling" & are nothing worth videoing, they`re novice trees that any 1st year guy could easily do!!

This is just some of the issues within that video, Him doing it for posterity sake or as a documentary is fine....but not for instructional sake & the short comings dont stop here, it was posted that he broke his first rope & the reasoning was critiqued heavily........mostly due to im-proper work.............But was anything gained from it for him? NO & thats why in the future he`s gonna have problems.......I hope not & wish the best for him & may god be with him......!

LXT..............

well I am dealing with a gelled chipper and frozen ground and a nice sheet of ice so if it makes ya feel any better I am already being beat on today but really put up some pics are you afraid .... I will not beat on ya for it

Most of the pictures that I have are taken by the H.O., unless it was something unusual. I'm not the type of person to hand the camera to somebody and say hey, I'm gonna go play in that tree, take a pic so I can show it to my friends & look cool. I do have a few pics from a job that I did a few weeks ago, where I took down a tree that somebody had built their deck around.

1320673292.jpg

1320673243.jpg

Awww... Come on... Isn't somebody going to criticize? Don't tell me that I went through the trouble of posting them for nothing. For every tree we take down, there may be 20 different ways to do it. Surely, somebody has to try to inflate their ego and tell me that i did something wrong. Wannabeclimber101... Where are you? you're slipping.

He's probably eating a hoagie or two, I'm sure he'll get back to ya.

you tube pays money for video hits

This could be an genius move on Murphs part to generate views to his you tube videos. Im not sure how it works but if you get enough views youtube partners with you and you get paid.

Oh by the way get a, ladder stand off, so you don't crush the guys gutters when you climb up the ladder gesssshh

Latest posts

Back