EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with what Murph did was:

1- shallow notch
2- poor communication
3- stopped back cut to soon
4- created excuses after the fact for a poorly done job

your undermining theory is only good in a perfect setting & gives only a limited definition...the Notch originally was used as a means for directional guiding as it was thought that where the notch is...is the direction the tree will fall, however that theory holds truth but we all know it is somewhat flawed. the 1/3rd rule is just a basic guideline & when mathematics is put into the mix thats where they get the notch depth, back cut height & hinge wood.

the back cut height was established to prevent the butt from coming back at you......the hinge is determined by notch depth, circum & most importantly the "holding wood"..........therefore giving these factors a specific definition/reason cant truly be given....thats why I asked what publication to cite cause every one has different reasonings for the same outcome!!!

Murphs so called special cut "bore cut" was originally used by loggers for the purpose of keeping the butt tear to a minimum & reduce checking at least was the thought...........Murphs uses of this cut is a twisted portrayal of a snap cut & with enough pull force the spar will go but it is not a directional felling notch & can go bad real quick....not a technique to use nor promote as an instructional act!!

LXT...............

I agree mostly but i would rather see someone stop back cut and saw a little more than to rip through the hinge like I have seen some do! I feel ole murph needs to get a job cutting timber he seems to like it more than doing tree work.

The problem with what Murph did was:

1- shallow notch
2- poor communication
3- stopped back cut to soon
4- created excuses after the fact for a poorly done job

1 – I don't think there was anything wrong with the depth of his notch. You said yourself that the 1/3 rule is only a guideline.

2 – You shouldn't have to tell the guy on the cable not to try and pull the tree down while the cutter is still cutting the back-cut.

3 – He didn't stop the back-cut until he realized the guy on the cable had started pulling the tree down. At this point, getting away from the tree was probably a wise move for safety. Granted, if he had kept cutting he would have finished his back-cut in the nick of time, but Murph was justified in being a bit surprised that his cable guy has started to pull.

4 – I'll give you that one.

your undermining theory is only good in a perfect setting & gives only a limited definition...

I actually tried to research it, and no source I could find says why the depth should be 1/3. The only things I can think of other than what I have posted already is that going 1/2 would be unsafe, but going as deep as possible creates the widest hinge possible (so more holding wood).

I read this thread (all 25 pages):

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/68559-4.htm

but the best answer in this thread was that there is no answer, and that notches can be deep or shallow, as long as they are not too deep.

Murphs so called special cut "bore cut"....

I agree that these cuts should not be done.

A Wolf will tear a dog up every time:rock:
You badmouth Forestry units because you are to poor to buy one .Are two trucks in one gay but not your truck?. If you dont have one will you work 7200 lines unshielded without one?!And why are New Jersey Tree Services hacks ?
mds is hating on me because I am better looking then him and a much better climber , other than that I think the jersey hack thing was a broad generalization guided towards me but I think you spitting some jersey devil spit in his face is hilarious so please proceed ....

You badmouth Forestry units because you are to poor to buy one .Are two trucks in one gay but not your truck?. If you dont have one will you work 7200 lines unshielded without one?!And why are New Jersey Tree Services hacks ?

Not all people from jersey that try to do tree work are hacks.. There are probably a few decent ones.. Unfortunately, Treeclimber101 isn't one of them.. Hes a complete douchebag. He sits at home all day.. probably lives in his mommys basement, and talks #### online, pretending to be a man. Hes a little piece of #### that needs to talk #### online to feel like a little tough guy. He gets owned on here almost every time he makes one of his retarded posts, and yet he keeps coming back.

Not all people from jersey that try to do tree work are hacks.. There are probably a few decent ones.. Unfortunately, Treeclimber101 isn't one of them.. Hes a complete douchebag. He sits at home all day.. probably lives in his mommys basement, and talks #### online, pretending to be a man. Hes a little piece of #### that needs to talk #### online to feel like a little tough guy. He gets owned on here almost every time he makes one of his retarded posts, and yet he keeps coming back.
ouch ... That hurt ... Bit harsh for a guest here and since your a professional pipe inspector again I ask why are you here and what do you contribute nothing other than #### that no one really cares about and didn't I run your ass off this time last year , if anything I will accept the job of taking out the trash on this forum and believe I enjoy all your posts mr bigshot 150K pipe sucker LOL , and as far as being owned please proceed .... I hope you reply to everyone of my posts because I will have you pounding your screen in less than a week , you #### ### ####### #### piece ## ##### ### ...

Last edited:
ouch ... That hurt ... Bit harsh for a guest here and since your a professional pipe inspector again I ask why are you here and what do you contribute nothing other than #### that no one really cares about and didn't I run your ass off this time last year , if anything I will accept the job of taking out the trash on this forum and believe I enjoy all your posts mr bigshot 150K pipe sucker LOL , and as far as being owned please proceed .... I hope you reply to everyone of my posts because I will have you pounding your screen in less than a week , you #### ### ####### #### piece ## ##### ### ...

You aren't man enough to run anybody off of anyplace. Yes, I took a few years off, and accepted a job as an inspector on pipelines.. whats your point? I made a lot of money. I paid in a lot of taxes, that probably went to support people like you. Every time you post something on here, you make yourself look like even more of an azzhole. Keep talking.. you are getting dumber by the second. People like you are the reason why brothers and sisters should have separate bedrooms. Now, you've been owned again.. so keep typing.. prove to the whole world what a little b!tch you are. As far as pounding my screen, why would I do that? it would break.. The only thing that needs a good pounding, is your wife.. she says that she hasn't had a real man in a while.

Okay, well I have to admit that is pretty funny, but the other side of the coin is that most any retard with a sharp saw can be trained to drop a tree from the ground.. I mean really, how hard is it.. at least you can throw yer saw and run if ya #### up! Lol.
View attachment 215131

Then why is it so damn funny to watch a tree guy cut a tree from the ground?

You aren't man enough to run anybody off of anyplace. Yes, I took a few years off, and accepted a job as an inspector on pipelines.. whats your point? I made a lot of money. I paid in a lot of taxes, that probably went to support people like you. Every time you post something on here, you make yourself look like even more of an azzhole. Keep talking.. you are getting dumber by the second. People like you are the reason why brothers and sisters should have separate bedrooms. Now, you've been owned again.. so keep typing.. prove to the whole world what a little b!tch you are. As far as pounding my screen, why would I do that? it would break.. The only thing that needs a good pounding, is your wife.. she says that she hasn't had a real man in a while.
wow the wife references already man that's weak what are ya gonna say next something about my kids or insult my mom? Anyway basically the thing is I can pretty much tell ya with some certainty that you don't really have anything to contribute , kinda why I don't hang on the pipesucking forums ya know about them right ? Yea ya do ... But what do you do now besides sponge and take full fascials from other tree guys? I dunno seems that you should at least change your occupation description to something like jizz mopper or at least brush dragger , I mean you blame me for poor posts but at least tomorrow I will do the work and you hardly deserve to lick the bottom of my boots when it comes to doing tree work and as for the talking thing your surely sharp as a whip but I would imagine that's prolly about it , try not to cut off your fingers with your electric chainsaw and stepladder we would miss your stimulating posts for LMAO I don't really feel like doing this anymore though because I will only waste time on someone that's kinda worth it like AA or FTA at least they have some kinda clue but you your just a seat filler or what I would use as a tire chock .

wow the wife references already man that's weak what are ya gonna say next something about my kids or insult my mom? Anyway basically the thing is I can pretty much tell ya with some certainty that you don't really have anything to contribute , kinda why I don't hang on the pipesucking forums ya know about them right ? Yea ya do ... But what do you do now besides sponge and take full fascials from other tree guys? I dunno seems that you should at least change your occupation description to something like jizz mopper or at least brush dragger , I mean you blame me for poor posts but at least tomorrow I will do the work and you hardly deserve to lick the bottom of my boots when it comes to doing tree work and as for the talking thing your surely sharp as a whip but I would imagine that's prolly about it , try not to cut off your fingers with your electric chainsaw and stepladder we would miss your stimulating posts for LMAO I don't really feel like doing this anymore though because I will only waste time on someone that's kinda worth it like AA or FTA at least they have some kinda clue but you your just a seat filler or what I would use as a tire chock .

Why would I insult your mommy? She was the best piece I ever had. Tomorrow, you will wake up, watch some gay midget p orn, come up out of your mommys basement and wish you had enough balls to go do the work that I do.. But you don't.. so you will go back to the basement and turn the computer on, and try to be a little tough guy. A seat filler? thats a new one.. you obviously aren't.. since you spend most of your time on your knees.. being sombody's little b!tch. Now take their balls off your chin and go get a clue. B!tch

Lets not try to make it more than it really is man.. I mean you're talking about walking up to a tree and cutting it from the ground here, correct? Lol.

This isn't just cutting them with the lean where ever the #### they want to go. Keepin them all in the lead. In all weather, everyday. One after another. Over and over again. Production. No ropes. Keeping the wood intact. Swinging trees. Wedging takes time. Getting them to do what you want them too. Like I said, If you've never done both jobs you'll never know. I've done both. You'll get killed a hell of a lot quicker in the woods.

This isn't just cutting them with the lean where ever the #### they want to go. Keepin them all in the lead. In all weather, everyday. One after another. Over and over again. Production. No ropes. Keeping the wood intact. Swinging trees. Wedging takes time. Getting them to do what you want them too. Like I said, If you've never done both jobs you'll never know. I've done both. You'll get killed a hell of a lot quicker in the woods.

Are you saying that you are more likely to get killed falling timber in the woods than doing treework, climbing and rigging?

And when you say you've done both jobs, well, that sounds like a rather broad and sweeping statement to me.. care to elaborate on your tree climbing/arborist experience?

And what is your problem? Just promise not to pee in my slippers, alright man? :laugh:

Why would I insult your mommy? She was the best piece I ever had. Tomorrow, you will wake up, watch some gay midget p orn, come up out of your mommys basement and wish you had enough balls to go do the work that I do.. But you don't.. so you will go back to the basement and turn the computer on, and try to be a little tough guy. A seat filler? thats a new one.. you obviously aren't.. since you spend most of your time on your knees.. being sombody's little b!tch. Now take their balls off your chin and go get a clue. B!tch
that's funny all of it , but again what do you do agin ? Really just answer the question so I can laugh too again , seems you have a lot of anger in you , maybe not I dunno but as far as the whole seat filler thing I am kinda right , the only person acknowledging you is me , and I only acknowledge you so that I can wreck your day a bit and hope that you try and post something tree related so I can make fun of it but you won't , you will keep acting like the troll under the bridge all angry and #### just so you know I am glad I found you on this thread because. I have started the timer to see how long it will take me to run you out again ? So again pipe looker what is it that you do that relates to this topic ???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back