EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little Murph guy isn't much of a tree guy, but he would make a really good used car salesman. :rock:

After reading "broke my first rope" its all to clear.........He should be a used car salesman!! funny thing is its not just me.....he gets blasted over "there" to, his ego & excuses have him defending himself again & again!!!

Ill say this..........either he rode the short bus as a kid or just lacks the ability overall, ya think he`d of learned by now?

well I better go, I created a special multi blade saw that can do special cuts all in one & there is a magic button to dial in any special cut you want...........im gonna try out the Murph function.......:msp_w00t:

LXT...........

After reading "broke my first rope" its all to clear.........He should be a used car salesman!! funny thing is its not just me.....he gets blasted over "there" to, his ego & excuses have him defending himself again & again!!!

Ill say this..........either he rode the short bus as a kid or just lacks the ability overall, ya think he`d of learned by now?

well I better go, I created a special multi blade saw that can do special cuts all in one & there is a magic button to dial in any special cut you want...........im gonna try out the Murph function.......:msp_w00t:

LXT...........

That is sooo cool... Now, you can cut your notch & your back cut at the same time. AND it will voice dial 911? :msp_w00t: :clap: Will it do super duper extreme precision falling? That stuff is scary. :msp_scared: lol

The sad thing is......anyone of us can search online & find the reason/definition for the question he asks, I asked what definition cause depending on the publication each author has their own little add on/take away for the "proper" procedure & the reason why their method should be used!!! Funny a guy who makes a Vid titled "extreme precision falling" needs a basic definition posted for him?
LXT...............

I don't need to look in a book on this one.. you simply cannot answer the question... so you go on and on with your bull ####..
answer the question if you can... I made a simple mistake .. you on the other hand, gave your word and can't or won't live up to it.. Lack of integrity .. which gets back to anyone can talk crap online..

I don't need to look in a book on this one.. you simply cannot answer the question... so you go on and on with your bull ####..
answer the question if you can... I made a simple mistake .. you on the other hand, gave your word and can't or won't live up to it.. Lack of integrity .. which gets back to anyone can talk crap online..

& I asked you which definition/reason would you like me to repeat from verbatim for you????? You didnt make a simple mistake...you my man are the mistake!!! just like how you said "if all would of went the way it was suppose" in your first broke rope thread...always an EXCUSE Murph!!!! its just never your fault, you`re too dam good!!!!!

So when you spoke to Gilman on the phone about that 4th edition & the topics therein.....what insight did you receive? please share with us the substance of that phone call......!

Oh & BTW......I dont need to talk crap online, I can do it in person too just not as good as you!!!! Can you believe this guy puts out videos for "instructional" purposes???? HOW? now he breaks a rope during a rigging, the guy is just a mess I tell ya.....he knows no bounds.... the best video is the one with the Dog turning his back on you....& you keep on un affected selling your hash to that ole couple!!!! I just gotta know........as destructive as you are, are you Cousin Lee?

Ole Murph...................a steiner rider indeed!!!

LXT................

Of course you dont, you`d just get it confused with the book that hasnt gone to print yet!!!!!!:laugh:

LXT.........

I'd say Ole Murph is writing his own book... which by my standards is much more credible than just going by what someone else wrote no matter if it was Shigo or the Lord God hisself.

I am still trying to find where it says you can't drop trees across the dam road. Even if I do find it I sure ain't gonna stop. Its just to much fun.

But anyway, that step notch thing Murph was doing: it seems a little crazy to be doing that on the butt of a oak trunk flare but seemed to be nice for that pine top.

My definition of sucess is doing what you want when you want so other than that there really is little else to say. Huh? Yeah.

Murph hardly needs me getting his back but now this thread is infested with pipeline inspecting weekend warrior wanna be D bags lurking about and we have faller fellers stinking up the joint because there bored waiting for the new episodes of ax men to start thinking they have anything that anyone of us wanna hear I mean I would rather not go there but they kinda need to take hike back to the pipeline and the woods where they belong and let the big boys do the" real" tree work

Murph hardly needs me getting his back but now this thread is infested with pipeline inspecting weekend warrior wanna be D bags lurking about and we have faller fellers stinking up the joint because there bored waiting for the new episodes of ax men to start thinking they have anything that anyone of us wanna hear I mean I would rather not go there but they kinda need to take hike back to the pipeline and the woods where they belong and let the big boys do the" real" tree work

Same here but I was really only stickin up fer mahsef cause Murph don't need a gum job from me nor could he afford one.

Dem fellers got all the luck doh. Dey ain't got no hefty housewifes busting in on dem asking a bunch of questions, dey ain't got no 3 phase, no gutters, no Pennsiltuckey blugrass, no fresh paved driveways, no azaleas, no mailboxes, no Fedex drivers, no shiny Marcedes, no uppity bitnessmen, no Shigo books and no bull#### ass wannabess in their way. Dey jess go out ,notch it and on to the next one. Dey jess out der in dem high heels all sashayin round like it was da catwalk.

And not to ride Old Murph's wood but I have to say that workin the Mainline is no ####ing picnic. If you got anything left after getting a truck through all dem Beemers clogging up the road then, well, yer more a man than me.

:ices_rofl:

We have to drop by now and then to get a laugh outta you pruners.
Some of you Arbs are so full of yourselves, you come off as flamboyant as gays.

Yeah, I noticed that too when i first started and there have been times where I found myself acting all pompous. Its hard not to come off like that sometimes but there are lines that are best not crossed that is fer sure. And down here, with all " the good folk" you have to play the part or yull get laughed at.

:ices_rofl:

We have to drop by now and then to get a laugh outta you pruners.
Some of you Arbs are so full of yourselves, you come off as flamboyant as gays.

So you have watched Murphs Videos?

posted by treemandan:I am still trying to find where it says you can't drop trees across the dam road. Even if I do find it I sure ain't gonna stop. Its just to much fun.

But anyway, that step notch thing Murph was doing: it seems a little crazy to be doing that on the butt of a oak trunk flare but seemed to be nice for that pine top.

My definition of sucess is doing what you want when you want so other than that there really is little else to say. Huh? Yeah.

Well Danno, dropping across the road is real pro of ya.....NOT, Ya might wanna get yer splitter back, your definition of success????? HA!!!!! so are you claiming to be successful now?

LXT...................

Last edited:
I'd say Ole Murph is writing his own book... which by my standards is much more credible than just going by what someone else wrote no matter if it was Shigo or the Lord God hisself.

Boy for someone who says Murph couldnt afford a gum job from him........you give em alot of freebies!!

Writing his own book..............:laugh: wonder which edition he will cite in future excuse givings? the 3rd...nah prolly the 4th edition & then say it was a mistake...............:laugh:

LXT.................

Murph don't need a gum job from me nor could he afford one.

And not to ride Old Murph's wood

All righty then..................Danno, your not looking too good when you talk like this (you should post that pic of you on the steps with the dish towel over your shoulder) :laugh: that`d be priceless!!!!.....arent there other forums you should be visiting about this..............Wow, guess Danno is closer to murph than we all thought, kinda like a wife stickin up for her husband.

LXT.................

When felling a full tree, avoid cutting the notch deeper than 33 percent of the diameter of the tree at the cut. Often it is not even necessary for the face notch to be made one-third, or 33 percent, deep to establish a hinge length that is 80 percent the diameter of the tree. On the other hand, some situations, such as notable side lean, may justify a longer hinge length.

That being said if you have a 10 inch diameter tree you make your notch 3.3 inchs your hinge will be just shy of 9 inchs or almost 90% of the diameter leaving you with an acceptable length of hinge wood. I had to draw a circle on paper and measure it' Like I said i didn't know the answer, untill someone can tell me a better reason for making the notch 1/3 the diameter. It could have something to do with the compression of wood fiber, for all I know

What I do know is that if his notch would have been 1/3 the diameter there would have been less wood to break and the tree might have followed his notch.

Its not rocket science having a proper sized hinge provides adequate holding wood and prevents it from twisting on the base. Having said that, other trees like back leaners I prefer open face to keep them on the stump longer. Also too deep of notch can cause splitting in some species but I have made too deep more than to shallow because you can always cut more out to correct shallow. Now spinning a tree and adding snipe etc is different and not usually done or required in my work. 95 % of my felling is using standard notch 5 % open face and I have not used a bore cut other than making a bowl. Bore cutting is way over utilized and though I understand its use in timber it is unnecessary in tree work .

[/B]

All righty then..................Danno, your not looking too good when you talk like this (you should post that pic of you on the steps with the dish towel over your shoulder) :laugh: that`d be priceless!!!!.....arent there other forums you should be visiting about this..............Wow, guess Danno is closer to murph than we all thought, kinda like a wife stickin up for her husband.

LXT.................

OMG! The humanity of it all... dan, put down the dish towel and get your sorry ass in here ASAP! It's not looking good, my man!!

Leave the DAN alone ya #ric# he's defenseless and close to the edge he's already got the bullet , and besides LXT your just mean sometimes , pick on MDS for a while he said your tow behind lift was gay LOL

Latest posts

Back