EXTREME precision falling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have you got to bring to the table? Huh! Let's see ! Come on! That's what I thought keep your mouth shut go back to the firewood where you belong.

I asked a simple question. Nowhere in any of my posts did I call anyone out or resort to calling names or flexing my internet muscles. I never pretended to be something I'm not and I know my limitations. What have you brought to the table besides being a tough guy online?

I dont often agree with murph but if it can be put down without property damage, then it usually gets put down. The only difference is in method and or what is considered better to be put down. Again no size fits all, For instance tree can be felled but is on a cliff in back yard and must be carried out. Its going to be faster in that case to lower in the well manicured area. than to put men on the side of the hill in thick briars and wild rose carry everything up hill. Some of my work is semi rural and requires no clean up so in that scenario tree gets dropped over the cliff via my 20 ton winch! Like I said I don't always agree with murph but there are times he's right.

Flop Them All!! :cheers:

I agree that every tree is different -- and the bottom line that every customer is willing to pay is different. I dont get every job I bid on, because there's some that I'm not going to cut and chuck.

I'm not knocking you for doing the felling to make it cheaper for a customer thats willing to take the risk in exchange for a cheaper price because you lack the climber that can make those bids work for you. I'm laughing because you claim there's less risk in it than the rigging, and that you haven't risen to the level of the label - Extreme Precision Felling.

Ok tell me where time is saved by blocking down these logs?
Please don't think I can't either.

006.jpg

treework2010013.jpg

treework2010018.jpg

treework2010016.jpg

And tell me it's safer to climb this tree and rig than it is to fall. I'm not trying to be a smat azz just pointing out sometimes your both right and sometimes both wrong. Just as at times I am, none of us are without flaws.

badone_001.jpg

badone_007.jpg

badone_004.jpg

Now no way your going to fall this one, if you did it would dern sure be precision :)

008.jpg

Ropes I think the point he was trying to make was that to drop the whole tree (canopy & All) the cleanup aspects & repairs from the damage would create more time than if you took it apart in an organized manner? try pulling a 3ft oak limb/spear outta the ground...........now times that by god knows how many!!!!

Maybe & maybe not.....depends on the tree & the situation............the difference in between what you are showing & what Murphy is showing is that you have the ability & in most situations you have atleast limbed the tree out for a spar drop....not just dropped the whole dam thing in someones front yard hitting all in its path while splattering dog crap on the home owners windows!!!

Ropes in your pic`s above the one you limbed out..........why? just throw a special Murphy cut in there & let her sail, what ya mean ya couldnt......well according to Murph there is no risk, its that fact you`re not confident in you "falling" skills.....LMFAO....now you & I know better but thats what is being broadcast by the Murp

And on top of everything else you`re not claiming to be an "extreme precision [faller]" with emphasis on faller!!! LMFAO nor do you make lame videos for instructional purposes.........this is the point most "Vets" are trying to point out, yes at times a complete drop is necessary............but when is he gonna show something worth a **** & does he even have climbing ability, theres more to this trade than just storm trooping through the football field yards of Philly notchin & droppin.... & he wants to talk about knowledge & skill..............Pa Lease...............!

LXT..........

Last edited:
Is X still going off ? Come on Bubbers, ya got to chill, yer just going round in circles chasin yer own tail. Its Ok, we still love ya.:msp_wub:

Yeah X, What did you do today? Post that. Yes, I think I can safely say WE want to know. Go on up there and tell us, or you can tell us here if you want. It could be anything, that's what we want... I think you do too. Come on man, you got to give it up. Just forget all this nonsense, I have been there, sometimes still go back but its all these nice people here that make me see the light. I forgive you, they forgive you, now forgive yourself buddy.
Sure, if you see somebody doing something stupid go ahead and crack a line but don't get all wrapped up in it.

I can't help it, I wasn't gonna post any more, but thats like me eating a single potatoe chip.

Why do you allways, gotta ask somebody what they think? Those guys know less than a ground man. Im beginning to think you might just be a ground man, always askin sombody something, wantin to know somethin. Just do your job, leave the thinkin to those who know.

I don't wanna say this, but I dont rember seeing to many trees over 80' in Iowa. The big ones get blown down from the tornados and your winters are to harsh. Its like comparing our mid atlantic trees to northern California.

You must have me confused with someone else, I havent been on here asking people what they think, nor always "wantin to know somethin".

While you're "beginning to think {I'm} a groundman" -- I'm beginning to think that you're a HACK job with your earlier boast of: "I've hooked live trees, more than once. I don't wear safty chaps, hardley ever wear a hard hat, call it unprofessional call it what you will, Im grandfathered in.When I started climbing I used manilla hemp three strand. I didn't have a video cameras back then, so I can't show you stuff that many might consider unprofessional."

I would agree with you that the city guys most often know less than the ground guys, but not convinced they know less than your groundman with the attitude you have towards them, i.e. saying they shouldn't ever have a chainsaw in their hands, they shouldn't be allowed to think, etc...my groundman has been doing this for 27 years, and he's one of the best felling cutters I've seen during our land-clearing jobs, etc. I like having competent groundguys who want to do more than just drag brush.

In the context of my quote -- it was a rhetorical question (if you are familiar with what that is). I already know how most city admins&engineers as well as mun. arborists are going to feel about us felling trees onto their streets. They don't like it lol. Thanks for your contribution tho Mill. lol

You must have me confused with someone else, I havent been on here asking people what they think, nor always "wantin to know somethin".

While you're "beginning to think {I'm} a groundman" -- I'm beginning to think that you're a HACK job with your earlier boast of: "I've hooked live trees, more than once. I don't wear safty chaps, hardley ever wear a hard hat, call it unprofessional call it what you will, Im grandfathered in.When I started climbing I used manilla hemp three strand. I didn't have a video cameras back then, so I can't show you stuff that many might consider unprofessional."

I would agree with you that the city guys most often know less than the ground guys, but not convinced they know less than your groundman with the attitude you have towards them, i.e. saying they shouldn't ever have a chainsaw in their hands, they shouldn't be allowed to think, etc...my groundman has been doing this for 27 years, and he's one of the best felling cutters I've seen during our land-clearing jobs, etc. I like having competent groundguys who want to do more than just drag brush.

In the context of my quote -- it was a rhetorical question (if you are familiar with what that is). I already know how most city admins&engineers as well as mun. arborists are going to feel about us felling trees onto their streets. They don't like it lol. Thanks for your contribution tho Mill. lol

Well I'm going to say if i can avoid putting tree in street safely I always will. However; I have dumped several in my day's working as a danger tree foreman for powerline work. Most were deemed safer to fell due to long term decline; or in other words, on the brink of falling on their own. Now: I don't support it as a practice so don't get me wrong here, just saying, I've done it. I have also had to repair it but a bag of asphalt and a good tamping seemed more prudent than possible loss of life. As far as municipals liking it, I'm certain your right but really at the time it was the farthest thing from my mind. This job was likely the most dangerous one I had, as danger tree means just that; dead, rotten, partially uprooted, burning, ice covered you name it, I had to deal with it. The nastiest trees I have done in my life was in those 13 years and no lost time accidents, so I guess I did something right.

Last edited:
:laugh: That's all I have to say.

I'll add some more. You do the job and get paid, end of story. Nothing to debate, do it, customer is happy, customer pays you, you move on to the next. Almost seems to simple, well that's because it is. Treework is simple; there I said it.

Last edited:
For "out West" that is a small tree and the guy obviously botched it with that stupid bore cut. Getting fancy with trees for no reason will cause you trouble.

Jesus guys someone needs to do something about all these loggers buzzing about , reminds of flies landing on the burgers and hotdogs at a BBQ .........:laugh:just annoying

Glad to see you over here.

All of the Crappola being posted about precision felling must be quite a joke to a real logger.

I'm just wrapping up James Lemonds' 'Deadfall'. It's a good read about a tough lifestyle, for sure.

I gotta admit, there is some amusement value. We aren't perfect, once we spent all day putting a facecut in a big tree, lots of work. We went to see what the back of that monster looked like, only to find another crew finishing up their facecut.

Glad to see you over here.

All of the Crappola being posted about precision felling must be quite a joke to a real logger.

I'm just wrapping up James Lemonds' 'Deadfall'. It's a good read about a tough lifestyle, for sure.

Yup. Kinda takes the romance and glamour out of this business. And it should. That book ought to be required reading for every one of those "I want to move out west and be a logger" types.

Listen I don't wanna have to keep telling all you loggers to beat it , murph is a treemans ##### and only a treeman can kick him around , you need to go and find someone on the loggers playground to pick on and throw dodgeballs at . I mean its bad enough already and his hands are full

Latest posts

Back