Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ole hang ups..

73BB1026-0594-45FA-82BC-0E3455597326-3453-0000049805E3854A_zpsf86996d8.jpg

785D9485-FBC7-419A-A8B2-285BA50108F6-3453-000004980E94D03F_zps1c33dd53.jpg

Heres one of 'em

[video=youtube;PfAjdSmOo5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAjdSmOo5A&list=UUyphpSr9YxmRcLFLuGwNQBg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

HuskStihl-Do you buck out merchantable timber when you can or make firewood? That tree looked like it should have date w/ a band mill:cheers:

HuskStihl-Do you buck out merchantable timber when you can or make firewood? That tree looked like it should have date w/ a band mill:cheers:

Did you really think that was me?:embarrassed3:

That manly hunk o' faller is mike! I fall big dead stuff mostly

Most of the stuff I've cut lately is going to a log buyer. That was poplar that will go for peelers. I have 5 16'9" poplars and then 8 more logs for pulp. The poplar and sycamore isn't good firewood when we have so much oak and other hardwoods.

The best way I have found to fix that is to climb up to the top and jump up and down.:msp_biggrin:

ahhh yes, the expressway down :doctor:

someone better get a choker from randymac:popcorn:

This thread is about falling pics.. I can't figure out how to climb it, ride her into the ground like a bronc, take a picture and then somehow post it here. Guess that's a downside to cutting alone... No one to take pics for ya

jake, ya gonna have to pull it down with something and that happens to every one some time.
rob, good to see ya, i'm sure like me ya thought there was pics from dooby some where.

is this blowdown ? or falling hangup ?

hey jake, did you do that or did you come accross that?

Admittedly, I did it. I felt it was an appropriate since we were on the topic of misjudging trees. Plus ya gotta share your screw ups and not just the picture perfect stumps or lays.

Today was the first day cutting with the 7hp cinder block of a saw... boy she does not stop cutting when you let off, talk about power. The pine was 32" dbh with forward lean in the belly and heavy back and to the right lean in the top.

Anyway, I went around to the left side of the stump to finish my back cut and hung in it WAY too long. I nipped the HW in the center as well as taking too much off the corner. It looked like I bored in and left 4" of HW on either side. It went right a little and rode the oak tree's fork all the way to the crotch. :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back