Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case anybody is wondering that hung snag in the short video was not broken, it is where I was demonstrating to blitz that no face high cuts are the right way to do things - saves time, saves the back, puts them on the ground eventually, and leaves a stump the skidder can see. Also puts any chair at eye level so you won't miss it. Or is it miss you??? Better go back to :reading:. I'll report back once I figure it out. ;)

Enjoyed the videos.

Ron

However you make me look like a gimpy ole man with a cane...

With all his smart talkin, it's easy to forget that Bitz is a kid. A big, funny-lookin, foul-mouthed kid with a bad baby-making habit, but a kid nonetheless.
I'm glad he is, cause I doubt my old, broken body would have gotten out of the way of the "hang up of death."
I would have been 10 feet ahead of Northman, however.

Come on guys I'm 33 and with 5 kids and hand cutting that handicaps me to about 50! That swamp had several inches of ice as you can see. We had a dozer push it out to freeze it down. I'll bet thats why I got such good thumpin sounds. I thought the same thing. I wouldn't have wanted to cut that job without corks. Even then if I stepped on a big enough stick I'd wind up on my ass! Good timber for soft maple. It averaged 400bf per tree and there were many thousand bf sticks in there. I cut and landed 87mbf plus 60 cords in 14 days.

thats good logger falling in good working size timber. i can't like that one vid bro, in light of what happened here last week.
soft maple? they tall and straight.......looked like you gutted one of them.
whats that rig you have your axe in? i kinda like that rig.
now.....what happened to that hooskie there? blowed the muffler right off?

no sound for me as usuall

Mike- yeah I know about that snag. Honestly I probably cut 6-12 bad ones like that per year. I had a lot of time to think about that one and it was really the best way to do it. I couldn't grab it safely with the forwarder and yank it down and it was too high to get anything on it to drag it down. I cleared a good escape, left the one tree as a backstop, and got it all cut up right before the camera was rolling. It was my only option. I couldn't leave it. Yeah that muffler rattled off 3 trees before that. I just gave the carb more juice and kept at it. It was the last day. You really need to get sound man! You're missin half the story!

I still talk to him from time to time, but no he has not been cutting for me for a while. I know he still checks in here so I can't bad mouth him too bad! :D

Oh and the wife is talkin about number 6

SIX hel I'm just trying to talk mine into getting a dog... which I think I have her around the corner on...

axe rig sir, i need details on that axe rig
Yeah I was gonna wait til I had a pic for you. Its a cordless drill holster. Leather with a strap and machine screws with stop nuts to cinch it in the right places. I will still get a pic for ya. This has been my best axe holder to date. Probably on a year or more now with it.

44df487c350f9fa621130a8bae21a109.jpg
bf8928496cacbe226acfe2200a97a488.jpg
16cb8198a1533da850361a4e7c59443d.jpg
d77bbc7f4db3d8bcaccca6523190bf95.jpg

Got some more to cut the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I have always enjoyed this thread. Am usually too busy to post anything of my own, let alone actually get any pics and stuff.
But... I had some time and my son's video camera the last couple days and took a few pics and videos.

Here's what I'm in now. Nice for where we are.

SAM_0398_1.jpg
SAM_0398.JPG

SAM_0397.JPG

Loading some up

SAM_0400.JPG

I've got a few videos too if anyone is interested.

Back