Fastest you destroyed a new chain!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New chain met an embedded log chain........first cut. Met that same chain again after I repaired it.........second cut.

Lending out a saw has always been the fastest way to ruin a chain. Lent my rancher to my boss. Had a brand new chain on it. He sad he had a couple branches that were too big for his hand saw. In the end I found out he wanted to remove the whole tree and tryed to cut the roots under ground with my saw. I still have the chain. I'll get a pic.

After I was done flipping out at him at 8 am Monday morning. He went and bought me a new chain and I clean that saw spotless on company time.

Less than a minute on a large oak that apparently was the best tree for hanging lost pet, garage sale, yard sale, bake sale, and every other type of sign.
I busted a chain one day bucking a large pine that came down in a neighbors yard. He's deaf, and was moving the splitter, and rolled it back into the bar tip of my saw. Pretty scary seeing a 115dl chain come undone.

Only had two rounds cut off a huge black birch when I hit a strand of barbed wire. Toasted a new chain. I was partway up the side of a ridge with mature trees all around me and 50 yards from the nearest field. Back in the day they must have grazed cows half way up the mountains around here.

Brand new 28" chisel chain found a huge spike in a pine out in a woods. Apparently was climbing steps to reach a deer stand. Tore several teeth completely off. Most of the chain still new. Broke it into sections to remove the damage. Figure I'll use it someday to repair a similar situation.

Brand new 28" chisel chain found a huge spike in a pine out in a woods. Apparently was climbing steps to reach a deer stand. Tore several teeth completely off. Most of the chain still new. Broke it into sections to remove the damage. Figure I'll use it someday to repair a similar situation.

I feel for ya. Deer hunting is big here and tree stand pegs are common. Haven't hit one but find a few in my wood deliveries.

Latest posts

Back