Fighting with insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a dude ran a red light yesterday and clipped me. He then proceeded to lie to the cops saying that I ran the light. Nobody stopped to offer a statement. The cops said there was nothing they could do to determine who was at fault. Anyone ever fought one of these he said/he said claims? I only have liability on my truck so I'm just out damages if his insurance doesn't pay.
20220503_164444.jpg

So a dude ran a red light yesterday and clipped me. He then proceeded to lie to the cops saying that I ran the light. Nobody stopped to offer a statement. The cops said there was nothing they could do to determine who was at fault. Anyone ever fought one of these he said/he said claims? I only have liability on my truck so I'm just out damages if his insurance doesn't pay.View attachment 985841
No traffic cam at that light?

I had a similar problem one time with an accident in a parking lot. His insurance was stalling for months, denying the validity of my claim.

I said "FINE. Cut me a check for $xxx.xx before XY date, or I'll just file in small claims court. We'll let the judge decide who should pay for the damages."

I had a check the very next week.

Back