Fire Starters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firestarter

When I first saw this thread it got me thinking why not stretch a wick material through a piece of conduit or pipe could 1/2" or whatever plug a end fill w/ hot parafin sawdust/chip mix and let cool. Then run a heat source along and around pipe till a 4' or even 10' candle pops out then chop to length. I will still have my old hewing hatchet and a meat cleaver for making kindling and only use one match to light it then maybe a blast w/ the blower from cordless shop vac for the inferno effect. I will refrain from my normal vocabulary but hey throw a little black powder in there too now thats an idea get a loop of wick from firework wholesalers and dip in wax like old candle makers oh the smell of gunpowder might have to get ATF approval. Who is gonna buy these? Up here are most abundant hardwood is White Birch and the bark is a great firestarter when combined w/ kindling. The Spruce I sell nearly explodes when a person has tinder and kindling. Happy fires.

How do you compress the hockey puck ones?Is that 3 inch PVC pipe?Thanks.
:confused::confused:

I cut a piece of metal that goes into the pvc. I just then use a handle of a broken shovel to press them.

Latest posts

Back