First time with CSM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that red oak ?
214418d1325364481-1231111403-jpg

Thanks for the pictures. :msp_thumbup:

Ied put .02 cent on it being ash . Some nice lumber you got some idea of use yet , and cover it up from the sun . what saw ? we gotta know every thing . O and welcome.

This is catalpa wood. I have about 20 of them on the ground now. Thought I would start with a softer wood till I get everything figured out.

I found a used 24" Granberg on ebay for $75. It just got here Thursday. I don't think I could make one that cheap. I used a MS441. Seemed to handle catalpa pretty easy.

Only one day into it and I am already thinking bigger and more power.

Only one day into it and I am already thinking bigger and more power.

Put the saw down and back away slowly. You have obviously been affected by the addiction of all your senses. The mix of smell (2 stroke), sound (a 441 purring), sight (new fresh faces of lumber), touch (the vibration of the saw) can overcome the strongest and the only known cure is to go where there are no trees.

Soon you will be looking at a tree as simply a vertical stack of lumber which needs to be separated. At that point just give up. You are addicted. This addiction generally does not lead to excessive spending of money, but rather time and sweat.

I thought RO too, but the Catalpa is a much better choice to start with. For you and the saw! Keep the pics comin

Back