First use of a new Husky 455

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry and Wanda

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
I just got to use my new Husqvarna 455 yesterday for the first time......it was sweeeeet !!!!!
I know all you Husky guys like hearing that !!!! It just cut like butter !!! The first tree I dropped went exactly where I wanted it....the second not quite as lucky. It fell and got hung up in a Maple tree. Fortunately, I own a New Holland L170 and I was able to chain it and pull it down. The life of a woodburner sure is easier if you own a skid steer. Wanda and I say that it's the world's most expensive wheelbarrow !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

Hey, that's great. It's always nice to hear about folks that are happy with their tools.

Pics!

Hello,
I just got to use my new Husqvarna 455 yesterday for the first time......it was sweeeeet !!!!!
I know all you Husky guys like hearing that !!!! It just cut like butter !!! The first tree I dropped went exactly where I wanted it....the second not quite as lucky. It fell and got hung up in a Maple tree. Fortunately, I own a New Holland L170 and I was able to chain it and pull it down. The life of a woodburner sure is easier if you own a skid steer. Wanda and I say that it's the world's most expensive wheelbarrow !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

Way cool! And don't forget the pics next time! Even my crappy cellphone takes pics at least that look kinda sorta like something...It gets better the more you cut and pay attention and learn, etc.. I've been cutting for years and just a few days ago I pulled off my slickest on purpose "make the tree spin while falling and go where it needs to go" drop ever. I was standing there like gomer going "gooolll-ee it worked". And that's only because I read about how to do that here.

I had the 55 before, and it was great! It cut everything big I needed to cut with it, until the dang muffler bolt rattled loose. Hopefully by your equivalent model they have fixed more stuff on it and made them even more reliable.

I just got one to and i more then happy with it I have a 145 nice for trimming but that is all. The 455 to me is all someone needs that cuts fire wood anything bigger is a waste of money

Glad you like your new saw, be careful and safe, every one hangs one up if they do it long enough. New saw rep sent.

I just got one to and i more then happy with it I have a 145 nice for trimming but that is all. The 455 to me is all someone needs that cuts fire wood anything bigger is a waste of money

A 455r arrived here last Thurs.- "new" factory-refurb. New b&c incl., just needed a bit of fin-scrubbing. Got in about 10 hrs. quality-time so far, burning only a bit over a half-gallon of mix. Also, with the stratified-scavenging, the exhaust is much less like mechanical dog-breath than with earlier engines. :rockn:

Quite the civilized beast, just LOUD. Standing in as my sole heavy-artillery until my old Poulan 3400's oiler parts arrive. Nice that bars & chains interchange. Color doesn't clash with my oldie Echo. :msp_biggrin:

I got one new for 200.00 due to a in store credit. I like the saw, but doesn't seem to pull well in large wood with a 20" bar. Maybe changing the chain type would help. Overall it's a nice dependable saw.

Congrats on the new saw!
I own a 460 Rancher, and I love it too. The 455 and 460 are great mid-range saws that stand up head and shoulders above any homeowner variety saws. It's all I need for firewood.
Enjoy!

I got a 460 couple of years ago. Cut 5 large poplar with it and 20in bar, did great. This year I shifted to an 18in bar and full chisel chain. Cut a large white oak yesterday, storm blow down, 460 never stumbled. I do like the 18in bar n chain better on this saw though.

Tony

Back