Fish on "Oil Ratio"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be real bored up there in the dark. They must not have any good
chinese buffets up there in Yukonland, for you to to stir the mud down here...

You must be real bored up there in the dark. They must not have any good
chinese buffets up there in Yukonland, for you to to stir the mud down here...
No buffets up here, but I did have medalions of squirrel last night.
Would rendered down bear fat be good for bar lube, or should I just use that for making pastries? lol
John

Geeese Gypo, At first glance that's what I thought I saw. Missed the tiny "on" I guess!!! I thought you were starting a fish oil thread!!!
Lol, being nave I never noticed that. Are you intimating that Fish is using hash oil for mix, or just fish oil? :givebeer:
John

It has been a long time since Hell's Kitchen served bear-fat pastries.
Hello ShoerFast, speaking of bear fat, here's an interesting article I found on multiple uses of bear fat.
Gypo

I rendered down about one gallon of bear fat from my bear and plan on using it for boot preservative. Before you laugh let me tell you about the last time I saved the fat. Around January when it was minus twenty below (up here in Minnesota ya know) the wife tells me, "Get that bear fat out of my freezer!" Well me being busy and all what with ice fishing and winter shooting sports of fox/coyote fur in its prime I stick the bear fat out in the uninsulated shed out back.

Come July I'm out there and find someone had stuck a bag of something right inside the door and I realize immeadiately what it is. Oh lord...I use a stick to open it and peer inside. To my utter amazement there are no bugs in it and no smell. What's more the fat is just like the day I cut it off and looks like the photo attached below. Well it being July and all, fishing and crow hunting at its peak, I set the sack off to the side since it kept so well without refrigeration...don't know where that sack is now but I bet the fat is still good.

I've heard the bear fat if placed in a mason jar will act like a barometer of sorts, the fat changes in consistency (I'm talking rendered down bear fat now) anyway I seriously am going to try it on leather.

Anyone care to use it as a sexual aid and report back? I know they do something with the gull bladder as a aphrodisiac but I already gave that away to a Korean buddy who is going to use it for just that.

Any other idea's out there for the bear fat?

Lol, being nave I never noticed that. Are you intimating that Fish is using hash oil for mix, or just fish oil? :givebeer:
John

No; I don't believe ol' Fish would be doin' that with his stash but maybe that's why his saws run so darn good!!

I was skimming the posts and don't pay much attention to the "oil Posts" but when I thought I read "Fish Oil Ratio" it "caught my interest" :cheers:

up in Mich. it would be "Pasties".
What's a pastie?
Anyway, for those that want to make pastries out of bear fat, here's what one bush dweller has to say.
Gypo

Bear fat is excellent for cooking pastries. We render our own and store it in the crisco container in the fridge. It's pure white and is sweet tasting. Never added it to ground meat though. I think it would melt quick and become soft at room temperature after it's been rendered.
Also works great on leather for H20 proofing and softening.

What's a pastie?
Anyway, for those that want to make pastries out of bear fat, here's what one bush dweller has to say.
Gypo

Bear fat is excellent for cooking pastries. We render our own and store it in the crisco container in the fridge. It's pure white and is sweet tasting. Never added it to ground meat though. I think it would melt quick and become soft at room temperature after it's been rendered.

It is like a pot pie without the gravy...potato, carrots rutabaga onion rapped in a buttery doe with meat inside too.. It was eaten mostly by Swedish and Finnish miners in my area as it was an easy meal to take to work underground.

attachment.php

Would those Native Peoples include Stompin Tom Connors? Or was that PEI?
John

Stopin Tom was actually from New Brunswick, he relocared to Skinners Pond as a young lad to live with his grand folks. Its been a few years since I shared a brew with him or picked him up hitchin a ride to some concert hall.
Pioneerguy600

Any other idea's out there for the bear fat?

Used it of boots, it makes them soft but not as dry as Sno-Seal.

Works for pipe-thread cutting lube, it dose not smoke like most everything else will.

I have used it for case reloading lube, before the stuff that drys came out. Bear fat dose not dent the case shoulders if it is put on too thick.

For bar oil, you would need a way to keep the stuff above body temp, but I bet it would work.

This was more then I ever wanted to know about bear fat! >>>---> This:

Anyway, for those that want to make panties out of bear fat, here's what one bush dweller has to say.
Gypo

Bear fat is excellent for cooking panties. We render our own and store it in the crisco container in the fridge. It's pure white and is sweet tasting. Never added it to ground meat though. I think it would melt quick and become soft at room temperature after it's been rendered.

You are a sick, sick man.........

Latest posts

Back